Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:23:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Have used?: Jake and the Neverland Pirates - Hook's Battle Boat Play Set  (Read 2364 times)

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Having found two partials in thrift shops:

I keep wondering how to make useful. I mean, aside from the wood grain to large for the toy Hook, much less 28mm or 18mm figs, the fact that the mast is hollow from the back, the shark figurehead is beneath laughable, the tiller is a small block on the bum, the wheel and screw holes are visible from the sides, there's something about this that keeps me looking at it for inspiration.

Has anyone found a use?

Doug

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
With a little bit of chopping and hacking it could be a chunky dwarf airship gondola.   Or you could do a pirate nursery school like the one LPL entry from last year.
This is my boomstick!

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Thanks, lad.

Gondola does suggest itself, indeed, but I'm pants when trying gasbags. One can get by, I suppose, with stiff strings up to an imagined one.  lol

I've pulled everything apart; neither I have had the 'croc gun', which is a bit disappointing. Other projects suggest themselves from that alone. I has rivets, it does!

The shark head and 'tiller' are easy enough to dispose, and I'm starting to think to cover one or other hole with boom to another hull. Blame Space 1889 Martian kites, of course.

Still, that wood grain...

Maybe paint grey with blue/black wash? Claim it's 'lift granite'?

Doug

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
I'm all for reusing toys (ask my kids) but I think you're going to struggle to do much with that one, other than give it to a child to play with. Sorry.
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
I have a couple of the sail buggies I was thinking of converting for VSF. They are big enough to hold about 6-8 figures.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +104

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
I'm all for reusing toys (ask my kids) but I think you're going to struggle to do much with that one, other than give it to a child to play with. Sorry.

Spoil sport; still, hate the message, not the messenger. You may speak too true.  ;)

I have a couple of the sail buggies I was thinking of converting for VSF. They are big enough to hold about 6-8 figures.

That is the point, n'es pas? These are broad enough to handle several figs on bases, while small enough to work on a table. That's a trick with several conversions I've seen.

If I work out something for 15mm, we're talking serious numbers...

Doug

Edit: I just noticed I can bag the whole '...maybe paint grey with blue/black wash? Claim it's 'lift granite'...' I'll assume Terry Sofian's 'aerolyth' would be seen as trumping any notion of LTA stone. Hadn't noticed that terminology before. Stupid IP...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:19:08 PM by The_Beast »