Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:10:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686637
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout: Vaultventures - A Postapoc Boardgame - (Preview Vault Entrance p.54)  (Read 162198 times)

Offline SerialMoM

• Scientist
  • War never changes
Re: Fallout: Vaultventures - Fallout Boardgame
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2014, 05:44:28 PM »
Ahh I love the design.
Please help me with my Fallout rules, picture heavy!!
leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=47609.0

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2014, 05:53:49 PM »
Rüstung verutscht should be Rüstung verrutscht  :)

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2014, 07:30:20 PM »
I`ve noticed it right after posting the pictures :-) There is soooooo much Game material in production atm, that this little "r" missing was not seen by me. But the sizes of the  single Fields on the wheel are not finalized atm, so I can take the r in at the next print.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:33:34 PM by DELTADOG »

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2014, 09:32:26 PM »
The largest part in the progress atm is digital so unfortunatly not sooo much showable stuff atm. But in some little breaks I keep sculpting some FO stuff. After reading Anpu`s glorious Vaultthread here on LAF with this amazing Hirst Arts Vault it starts working in my head to make something like that for my boardgame to replace the Screenshot floorplans step by step. But Im a perfectionist and I want that vault looking  more close to the Design in FO3 as it is makeable with the Hirstartsparts alone. A second task are the floortiles. The 1" are to small imo, the 1,5" to large. So I make master for 3cm tiles as a compromise between this 2 sizes.

On the picture is the first Walltextureplate I´ve finished. Its mainly buid in Vault laboratories or medical labs. A bunch more will come the next weeks and moths. Additional to that I´ve decided to Sculpt my own Raiders with a much closer Design to the FO3 Raiders and as a preparation for that project I´ve began to sculpt and cast the Fallout typical weapons. The beginning make the Chinese Assault Rifle and the N99/91 10mm Pistol.

Offline SerialMoM

• Scientist
  • War never changes
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2014, 04:56:24 AM »
The largest part in the progress atm is digital so unfortunatly not sooo much showable stuff atm. But in some little breaks I keep sculpting some FO stuff. After reading Anpu`s glorious Vaultthread here on LAF with this amazing Hirst Arts Vault it starts working in my head to make something like that for my boardgame to replace the Screenshot floorplans step by step. But Im a perfectionist and I want that vault looking  more close to the Design in FO3 as it is makeable with the Hirstartsparts alone. A second task are the floortiles. The 1" are to small imo, the 1,5" to large. So I make master for 3cm tiles as a compromise between this 2 sizes.

On the picture is the first Walltextureplate I´ve finished. Its mainly buid in Vault laboratories or medical labs. A bunch more will come the next weeks and moths. Additional to that I´ve decided to Sculpt my own Raiders with a much closer Design to the FO3 Raiders and as a preparation for that project I´ve began to sculpt and cast the Fallout typical weapons. The beginning make the Chinese Assault Rifle and the N99/91 10mm Pistol.

I really admire your sculpting skills, these are great weapons.

With regard to the wallpaper I need to refresh my mind first with Fallout vault pictures.

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2014, 07:30:20 AM »
That is one of my reference pictures. A lot of stuff on it I want to make. Furniture, Computers etc. The Wallpanel is on the left Wall. The Endgabs with the triangle Topfield will be make from a modified Cast of the standard Panel.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2014, 08:04:13 AM »
Are you intending to make 3d walls now to go along with those printed out floors? Ah, I had though you were just keeping it to the floors, but that's cool. I've been using the Hirst Arts Molds sets for my own Vault (some of them have a variantion of the pattern that's on that one you made, with a few that have the panels removed to reveal the pipes beneath). Good work on those. As far as the guns go they're a decent representation of the ones from the game, though is grip on the Chinese Assault Rifle at that angle in game? Seems a tad steep to me. ...Ah, but they're better than anything I'd ever make, so I've hardly the right to critic. ;)

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2014, 08:10:47 AM »
You are right the angle is too steep It happens while demolding. Im doing it while the Resin is still a bit Mellow to prevent breaking of the tiny parts. In that Case the handle was pushed to steep. No the Walls are not for the paperfloorplans. I think after the Betatest I will build the complete vault in 3D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 11:32:51 PM by DELTADOG »

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2014, 12:38:41 PM »
Last evening I´ve begin with the inner Vault Door. Still WIP but you can see where it will lead to.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2014, 01:17:18 PM »
Neat !
Hardest part will be the writing on the door.
I've recently used decal paper for inkjets and it sucks (or rather it doesn't suck up the ink, it forms pools)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2014, 02:11:14 PM »
Yes the writing on the Door will be a Challenge Im not really blessed with a plan atm. My first intention was the Self Adhesive Printerfoil with wich I would cover the whole Middle stripe and the weathering over it to blend it in the rest of the paintjob.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2014, 02:31:41 PM »
That'd be my suggestion, if you can keep the sheets from creasing when you're placing them. Luckily the actual area's rectangular, so that shouldn't be a challenge, and at least you won't be wasting any material when cutting the decals out. I don't think that the Vault doors use many different symbols between them, so maybe just one design would be enough for the whole lot (its the little light boxes above them that say things like "cafeteria" that you'd need to print loads of, ah, but then again, those are mostly placed on the cieling rather than walls, so you may not want to create many of those). In any case I'm liking that door. It'd certainly more useful than the current ones I've been using with my own Vault. What're the measurements on it? Tsk, just a pity that you can't make them available.

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2014, 03:28:54 PM »
The Door itself is 4cm broad and 4,5cm high. With the Doorframe around its 6cm broad and 5cm high.

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2014, 04:02:03 PM »
Last evening I´ve begin with the inner Vault Door. Still WIP but you can see where it will lead to.

Man... I'm building a flat vault map, just floor tiles, for a Fallout dungeon crawl boardgame. However, I do want to add doors, so I'll watch these with interest! I assume they are single sided for casting? Or will you double side them and then make a tall mold?

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2014, 04:21:59 PM »
They will be single sided for Casting and then clued together. Because with an open Mold I have way less issues with airbubbles while casting. The doorframe will be get casted in the same way. Do you will have printed Floortiles or casted ones? For a printed version Ive finished printmasters of the InGame Doors for clueing on Cardboard.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 04:26:31 PM by DELTADOG »