Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:36:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686662
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout: Vaultventures - A Postapoc Boardgame - (Preview Vault Entrance p.54)  (Read 162202 times)

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
Re: Fallout: Vaultventures - Fallout Boardgame
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 12:45:52 PM »
While starting this Thread I bed the Robobrain would be focused, it seems the sentry bot hits more  lol

Btw where is your sentry bot from ?

The Sentinal Bot is made from a upper Torsomount Spacemarine from the Accsessories Sprue of the Land Raider. The Head is VERY old from the Mutant Chronicles TT. Shoulders are made from the Tips of Bombs from an old Revell Kit of a 2nd WW Fighter. The Legs are the "lower Parts of the same Bombs). The Arms are from the Land Raider Sprue as well. Was a quick Kitbash clued together with Pro Create.

Wish I could work that quickly. x3
Should use other materials.

I`m sculpting around 10 years now and got a lot of practice while making the Götterdämmerung Miniatures, so the speed is just a question of training. While looking at your Sculpting Thread I mentioned two points, which are making you "slow"
In first place you have the typical "more greens fever" which means you are starting more and more Figures, but let them hang around in a certain Stage in progress. I bet this happens in a step you are not skilled in, or you simply don`t like to do. I know that on my own. Still hate sculpting hairs and Hands  8). But the fact is, not doing it won`t bring you forward and ended up in dozens of Skinheaded, Handless halffinished greens  o_o
The second reason you has mentioned on your own in your post. Green Stuff in fact is the most common putty to sculpt miniatures, but really not the easiest. I use different Putties to achieve different Models. Most common I use Pro Create which is much better to sculpt with compared to GS. If you still want to stay at your Putty, try to mix it with a bit Super Sculpey, Fimo Soft, or Magic Sculp. You will see it works much better.
Take a Warming lamp, and just 4 Greens WIP, NOT more and circle between those 4 till they are finished. you will see, it will run much faster and got better results.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 12:49:18 PM by DELTADOG »

Offline Anpu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Life in the vault is about to change...
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 05:15:47 PM »
For me the Robobrain is the most interesting of the lot. Do you have any copies you might be willing to part with?

Offline Messyart

• Scientist
  • Repopulating the Wasteland, one corpse at a time.
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 06:17:49 PM »
Quote from: DELTADOG
While starting this Thread I bed the Robobrain would be focused, it seems the sentry bot hits more  lol

I`m sculpting around 10 years now and got a lot of practice while making the Götterdämmerung Miniatures, so the speed is just a question of training. While looking at your Sculpting Thread I mentioned two points, which are making you "slow"
In first place you have the typical "more greens fever" which means you are starting more and more Figures, but let them hang around in a certain Stage in progress. I bet this happens in a step you are not skilled in, or you simply don`t like to do. I know that on my own. Still hate sculpting hairs and Hands  8). But the fact is, not doing it won`t bring you forward and ended up in dozens of Skinheaded, Handless halffinished greens  o_o
The second reason you has mentioned on your own in your post. Green Stuff in fact is the most common putty to sculpt miniatures, but really not the easiest. I use different Putties to achieve different Models. Most common I use Pro Create which is much better to sculpt with compared to GS. If you still want to stay at your Putty, try to mix it with a bit Super Sculpey, Fimo Soft, or Magic Sculp. You will see it works much better.
Take a Warming lamp, and just 4 Greens WIP, NOT more and circle between those 4 till they are finished. you will see, it will run much faster and got better results.

I started my dragon using super sculpey and it was a hell of a lot easier - my problem there is the baking. I had to boil mine (we've got a rayburn - it's not possible to keep a steady temperature). I had tried silly mixes of putty (blu tac when I was younger..  lol ) but have never considered mixing polymer and epoxy.
That is pretty much my issue. I do little bits, get stuck with the parts I've not really pictured properly.
I had built a little oven for my putty but it wasn't good enough and I've not gone out of my way to purchase better bits for it.
I appreciate the reply, hearing the things I've been telling myself from someone else is always handy. c:
If you'd like an apocalyptic monster in 28mm, throw me a PM and I'll think it over.

Offline SerialMoM

• Scientist
  • War never changes
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 07:23:00 PM »
Fantastic project. I love robobrain and the sentry bot.

The sentry bot seems to be an unique pice, but what about the robobrain?

The start of the deathclaw looks promising.

Messyart also made an awesome one. I purchased three of them.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:39:59 PM by SerialMoM »
Please help me with my Fallout rules, picture heavy!!
leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=47609.0

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 08:23:16 PM »
For me the Robobrain is the most interesting of the lot. Do you have any copies you might be willing to part with?

Let me say it in this way. I´ve got molds for it and a few more of this yellow Acryldomes for the Braincover. The molds stay for around 10 casts, 3 are in my Boardgame..... I have problems with small! (pictures show it) Airbubbles while casting,...... and this forum has a PM function  ;). If someone need Fat Flies for Postapocalyptic tabletops luckily I´ve got a mold of it.

The wentry bot seems to be an unique pice, but what about the robobrain?

Same as above. For the Sentry bot I´ve decided today to take a bit more care of it (was the first miniature finished for the game and it could be better) and then mold it for some private copies for my game  ;D ;) .........

The beasty creature with the "deadly claws" will got a mold too after finishing.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:28:04 PM by DELTADOG »

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 02:01:15 AM »
...... and this forum has a PM function

You've got mail  :D
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 09:15:47 AM »
You'll be seeing one from me as well.

Eugh... I have such a problem when people keep posting all these lovely post apocalyptic models under my nose.  :'(

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 02:49:24 PM »
Ok thx to all people helping me stresstesting the PM System of this board, the last 24h  lol
It seems I should not longer see daylight till Middle of August or so...

Here are 2 Pictures for particular questions people had to me.

First: The Yellow Domes to Cover the Brains are this one here.

To find here in their Webshop: http://http://www.schulcz.de
Artnr. is: 18.01100.10

They Clear as seen on the photo. I´ve made them yellow with a Yellow permanent marker from the inside.

Second Question was about a Grouppicture of the 2 Bots with our all beloved "Russian Standard". Here we go.

You can see the Robobrain is a bit out of Scale compared to the original one, but not that much at all. The Sentrybot is actual back in WIP Status, you can see I bring it a bit closer to the original.

This is the finished forework before I starting now with the texturelayer.

And finally Recycling saves the planet! I´ve got some ugly casts with deadbubbled Ammomount on the sides and a not correct casted Barrel. I always wanted some of these MK.3 Turrents with the Cheese Lasers and Plasmacannons.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 03:41:57 PM by DELTADOG »

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 03:10:37 PM »
Added the Basic Shape and Volumes, now begin the Texturework

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 11:27:39 PM »
And with texture now :-) Just the Horns,Claws and Tail to go then finish ! o_o

Offline JackTR

• Bookworm
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 12:59:01 PM »
Looks great! How tall is it ?

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 01:27:03 PM »
Including the horns its 48mm tall

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 05:03:06 PM »
Almost finished. Some Sandpaperwork and the Detailwork on the Hands await to be done.

I`ve to admit that I´m not that satisfied with the overall result at all. No idea why, but Messyarts Version fits better the Bodycomposition of the Original Artwork imo.

What shall I say I´ve got it now so I will use it :-)

Offline Anpu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Life in the vault is about to change...
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 05:12:36 PM »
Looking great none the less.  :D

Offline Messyart

• Scientist
  • Repopulating the Wasteland, one corpse at a time.
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 05:39:19 PM »
Almost finished. Some Sandpaperwork and the Detailwork on the Hands await to be done.

I`ve to admit that I´m not that satisfied with the overall result at all. No idea why, but Messyarts Version fits better the Bodycomposition of the Original Artwork imo.

What shall I say I´ve got it now so I will use it :-)

I did spend almost 12 months on mine. ;)

He looks pretty cool, I'd not mind one amongst my own guys to look an aged patriarch. C:
Daddyclaw!

Actually, I really like how this guy blends the Goris-era 'claws with the modern appearance.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:41:53 PM by Messyart »