Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:27:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Denizens of Azor: Man-Apes and more Man-Apes!  (Read 113741 times)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Re: Denizens of Azor preview thread - Painted Priestesses!
« Reply #150 on: September 27, 2015, 10:14:01 PM »
Lovely work! We could definitely use those in Pulp Alley.  :-*

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2015, 10:06:40 AM »
Very nice skin tones.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2015, 09:01:18 PM »
Wonderful stuff is the jungle queen and jungle lord available please if so how much UK?

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2015, 03:57:11 AM »
Late to the party, but keen to know if the kickstarter mentioned a few pages ago is still on the cards?

Offline verd

• Scientist
    • El Senyor Verd
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2015, 02:51:33 PM »
Awesome!!!   :-*

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2015, 03:35:00 PM »
Everything in this thread is too tempting...

Offline Traveler Man

• Mastermind
    • The Hetzenberg Chronicles
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2015, 04:06:39 PM »
Wow! Nice work!  :-*
"It's amusing, it's amazing, and it's never twice the same: It's the salt of true adventure, and the glamour of the game."

Talbot Mundy, The Ivory Trail.

http://ajstable.blogspot.com
http://hetzenberg.blogspot.com

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2015, 04:16:17 PM »
Late to the party, but keen to know if the kickstarter mentioned a few pages ago is still on the cards?

Kickstarter is still in the cards - "soon".  I'm trying to get it just right.  I'm probably overthinking it.

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »
Everything in this thread is too tempting...

Glad to hear it  :D :D :D

Offline wargame_insomniac

• Assistant
Re: Denizens of Azor preview thread - New Armored Crocodiles
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2015, 09:33:32 PM »
Well, I'm still sorting and unpacking and such, but in the meantime, Andrew Taylor has painted a few of my miniatures.  I'm quite happy with how they turned out!

Hi

These two figures look great. The one problem I would have is that would nt be able to use them at my local club as not suitable for minors, and we have several member under 16.

If I had any sculpting ability I am sure that would be easy to add some skimpy tops.
But I have neither the tools or the ability, would you be able to tweak these sculpts to do a version that would be Safe For Work?

Thanks

James

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2015, 03:43:38 PM »
wargame_insomniac - i would just file down the nippley bits and then simply paint their tops.  everyone's been to the beach so seeing something akin to bikinis should be generally acceptable.  but then again my FLGS is pretty much a "minors beware" sort of place.

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2015, 02:55:54 AM »
wargame_insomniac - i would just file down the nippley bits and then simply paint their tops.  everyone's been to the beach so seeing something akin to bikinis should be generally acceptable.  but then again my FLGS is pretty much a "minors beware" sort of place.

Sorry for the long-delayed reply - I lost power for a week due to a storm, and then my basement flooded!  I haven't been online much.

Sadly, tweaking sculpts & having new molds made is a prospect that would cost me at least $300, and probably more like $500, so I'm unlikely to do it unless there is a massive demand. 

Never say never, but, I don't see it happening any time soon.

As Wargame Insomniac says, though, it should be very simple to file the nipples off & then simply paint the entire torso between the belt and the collar as if it were cloth.

-Alex in Alaska

Offline Samnite308

• Librarian
« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2015, 01:30:42 PM »
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT make covered up bikini-top versions of the snake priestesses.  It will ruin the whole Minoan look of these beautiful models.  Part of capturing the whole 'Ancient Lost World' appeal is encountering cultures which are strikingly different than our own.  I realise there are a lot of people out there with modesty issues who cant accept the idea that ancient or fantastical cultures might not have hang-ups about partial or total nudity (especially with regard to females). 

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2015, 02:18:26 PM »
I agree. It's not worth the cost or the effort.its quite easy to convert the models to make them PG-13. Bette to create more new models!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT make covered up bikini-top versions of the snake priestesses.  It will ruin the whole Minoan look of these beautiful models.  Part of capturing the whole 'Ancient Lost World' appeal is encountering cultures which are strikingly different than our own.  I realise there are a lot of people out there with modesty issues who cant accept the idea that ancient or fantastical cultures might not have hang-ups about partial or total nudity (especially with regard to females). 

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2015, 02:50:37 PM »
One would not necessarily have to sculpt anything in order to cover up the ta-tas. I'm thinking, find some round shields that are convex on the front, and cut and file them into smaller discs or squares (the latter might be more in keeping with the quadrangular theme of the outfits). Also file the discs/squares down on the back and file down the breasts a bit (it's not as if all women have breasts that globular, anyway). Glue the discs/squares over the breasts, making them look attached to the collars as if hanging down freely. The slightest bit of sculpting might be required to make short straps between the collars and the discs/squares so they don't have to be directly attached, but that should be manageable. Personally I'd also decorate the discs/squares with further quadrangular bosses, but it wouldn't be necessary.

Anyway, Alxbates, those figures look great! I've been following your forays into the industry side of the hobby since you started, and I admire what you're doing. It's a shame that I've never ordered from you so far. Need to start looking into amending that.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino