Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:14:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686476
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Denizens of Azor: Man-Apes and more Man-Apes!  (Read 113725 times)

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
Re: Denizens of Azor progress: The Queen, new sculpt by Kev White
« Reply #315 on: March 30, 2017, 01:21:09 PM »
Heya folks!

In some super-freaking-doubleplusgood-awesome news, FENRIS GAMES WILL BE CARRYING FORGE OF ICE MINIATURES AT SALUTE!

So - If you will be at Salute,  you can place an order with me right now (like, seriously, right now - I need to have it by Sunday at the latest), I can ship your order with the Fenris stock, and you can pick it up from them at Salute.  You'll save on shipping, and you will not get hit with a nasty customs fee.

I'm not sure how many people here will be at Salute, but for anyone who's going, this is a rare opportunity to get miniatures from Alaska to the UK relatively inexpensively.

Hit me up if you're interested!

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #316 on: March 30, 2017, 02:53:05 PM »
 Just seen this on FB and it is great that you and Ian have teamed up.It will make it very easy for people here in the UK to pick up your miniatures and terrain elements too.How it goes well and you get lots of sale to help fund the next pieces.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2017, 02:59:19 PM »
Among them, Forge of Ice and Lucid Eye caters for the High Adventure/Lost World crowd, like we've never been treated before.

I shall probably cave in and start a new Pulp project in a not too distant future  o_o
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #318 on: March 31, 2017, 06:35:59 AM »
Among them, Forge of Ice and Lucid Eye caters for the High Adventure/Lost World crowd, like we've never been treated before.

I shall probably cave in and start a new Pulp project in a not too distant future  o_o

I've had a few people ask me why I consider my stuff to be "Pulp" rather than Fantasy, and my response is always "What could be more Pulp than King Kong?  Or Doc Savage's Thunder Island?  Opar, Pellucidar, or Pal-Ul-Don?".  Heck, how about 'Journey to the Center of the Earth', or 'She'?

There's no explicit magic in Azor, just hypnosis and weird tropical drugs or hallucinogenic incense.  My stuff is intentionally a good fit (in my opinion!) for Conan or other Swords and Sorcery settings, but I think that Lost Worlds can fit in almost anywhere.

... that said, I do occasionally wonder if maybe I'd get more interest if I promoted myself more as having a line of fantasy figures.  I dunno. 

You mentioned the Lucid Eye stuff - maaaaan, their stuff is gorgeous!  I've never had any interactions with them that I'm aware of, but I love their Neanderthals and Simians.  I have my own tribe of ape-men planned, eventually, and I think that mine are different enough to be worth doing, but, Lucid Eye has certainly set a very high bar.

I'm super curious to see what the Frostgrave Lost Archipelago stuff looks like.  I'm hoping that it might increase the interest in my stuff, but, again, Frostgrave makes some gorgeous miniatures.  I'm sure that whatever they do will be excellent.

It's a good time to be into Lost World gaming!

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Love the queen model, will be getting one of those for sure.

And what do I stumble across at random while painting another set of serpent priestesses?  Forge of Ice on a gaming podcast:

http://mannmomo.blogspot.com/p/the-hub-systems-podcast.html

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
Love the queen model, will be getting one of those for sure.

And what do I stumble across at random while painting another set of serpent priestesses?  Forge of Ice on a gaming podcast:

http://mannmomo.blogspot.com/p/the-hub-systems-podcast.html

Oh yeah!

I've been meaning to post about that - I was sent the link on April 1st, but I try real hard to not be online at all on April Fool's day, and I don't post anything at all if I can help it.

And I've had a busy weekend, getting things together for Fenris & Salute - Fenris will also be carrying my miniatures in the UK, acting as my European distributor.  That might make it easier for people in the UK and Europe to order my products without having to pay exorbitant shipping fees from Alaska.

What'd you think of the podcast?  I was a college radio DJ for quite awhile, there was a time when I was very good about avoiding overuse of "um"'s and "ah"'s... but apparently that is a skill one loses if one doesn't use it! :D

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
I've got a couple of new things coming now -

First of all, Fenris Games won't just be carrying Forge of Ice miniatures at Salute, they'll also be acting as my distributors in the UK (and Europe)!  This should solve some of the issues that have arisen from international shipping.

Secondly, John Dennett has finished the second head variant of the Sirrush:

Each Sirrush will come with both heads, and I expect to have the castings in hand around the end of the month.

Kev White has finished the Princess, too - Princess Amal-Téa!

These are being cast in resin in the UK right now, and I'm gonna try to get some of them to Salute... but the timing might not work out.  It'll be close.

That's about it for now. 

I'm probably going to run a contest to name the Queen, with one of the resin masters up as the prize, but that's a little ways away yet.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Oh for crying out loud, just take my money already.  Irresistable.

Queenie needs a footstool though.  Preferably a living one, she looks like the type to keep a lackey around for that kind of thing.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Oh crap, my wallet just started screaming.  Snake priestesses, the ladies on thrones, strange beasties...I feel my money getting sucked away...

"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Psychoflexible

• Scientist

First of all, Fenris Games won't just be carrying Forge of Ice miniatures at Salute, they'll also be acting as my distributors in the UK (and Europe)!  This should solve some of the issues that have arisen from international shipping.

And that's a very good new ! ;D

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Great additions. I really like the poses.

Kev is a killer sculptor.

a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Kev is a killer sculptor.

Understatement of the century.  Unmatched when it comes to naturalistic posing.

Offline chirine ba kal

• Bookworm
    • chirine's workbench
My Missus took a look at these, and will be firing off a 'pre-order' to you via your FB page.

If I may ask a stupid question, will the ladies be cast seperate from their thrones, or all in one?

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
My Missus took a look at these, and will be firing off a 'pre-order' to you via your FB page.

If I may ask a stupid question, will the ladies be cast seperate from their thrones, or all in one?

Certainly hope they'll be separate.  I have plans for those thrones with different figs planted on them, and I'm quite sure I can find other things for the ladies to plant their butts on.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Certainly hope they'll be separate.  I have plans for those thrones with different figs planted on them, and I'm quite sure I can find other things for the ladies to plant their butts on.

I may need two sets- one for regular retro sci-fi/pulp and another to use as Dark Eldar. They would look pretty good on a Raider.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 09:19:49 PM by Dr Mathias »