Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:59:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Denizens of Azor: Man-Apes and more Man-Apes!  (Read 113727 times)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Excellent work!  :-*

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
As for the naked women, while I'm normally not a fan, yours are probably the best out there. It's pretty clear that the intention is not just cheap objectification.

Agree, and the unique faces of each sister is one I like too (i.e. the same sculpt wasn't created).
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Glad to see you got Kev White on these, he's really tops when it comes to sculpting the female form (draped or not).  Is he doing the high priestess as well?

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
As for the naked women, while I'm normally not a fan, yours are probably the best out there. It's pretty clear that the intention is not just cheap objectification.

Agreed! Do you not think one of them looks like Heather Locklear?

Cracking sculpts! 8)

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
Glad to see you got Kev White on these, he's really tops when it comes to sculpting the female form (draped or not).  Is he doing the high priestess as well?

I don't have a specific sculptor lined up -- yet!  But Kev is a strong possibility, I think.  He's great to work with.  Top bloke.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya

Lovely!!!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
Here are some photos that I haven't posted here yet!  Most of them are in my instagram (@Forgeofice), but I try to keep this thread updated specifically for people who aren't on Facebook or Instagram, so, hopefully they're new to you!

The initial castings of the Crown of the First King have begun at Fenris in the UK.  Ian and I should both hopefully have it for sale before Christmas.

Dave Cauley has finished sculpting some prehistoric creepy crawlies - trilobites and a horseshoe crab.

Shellfish and arthropods of all sorts are common in the waterways of Azor; the swamps and lakes are abundant with them. A common food source and occasional nuisance to aquatic navigation, some of them can defend themselves with poisonous stings or a nasty bite. Others rely on their hard shells for protection.

Michael Raverdino in France has painted up some of my figures and they turned out GREAT.  I saw some of his work elsewhere and decided that I had to see what he'd do with some Azor figures, and he did not disappoint!

There was also an annual event at the university here - "Pop Con".  It's a fun event.  I never sell anything (college kids being broke and all!), but there are so few events like this here in the middle of Alaska that I think it's important to show up to support it.  And I'm kind of a recluse these days - it's cool to get in touch with the local nerd community.  Fun costumes, cool food vendors, it's a good way to spend a weekend.

I am not even remotely as cheerful as I look in that photo - I way overslept and was super disorganized!  It took me the whole first day to really get my bearings.

But, this is what my setup looks like when I go to events.  High on the to-do list is actual real packaging and some sort of transportable pegboard for me to hang blister packs from.  Ziploc baggies have been fine (and cheap!) so far, but I'm getting to a point where upgrading seems more like a requirement than an option.

Here are some of the figures for my upcoming Eye of the Cyclops set:

It's really rare that I get all my painted figures out at the same time - at home I generally keep them in storage cases.  This is the first time I've had so many all out at once, so I had to snap some photos of the contents of my display cases.

Man, the Sirrush just dominates everything.  

I'll mention that I do have castings of the Sirrush in hand and for sale now - it's $50 for the creature.  Shoot me a PM or an email (Alxbates AT yahoo DOT com) if you'd like one.  There are about 50 castings in existence, and once the resins are gone they'll be gone forever.

-Alex
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:10:35 AM by Alxbates »

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Denizens of Azor: Prehistoric bugs, giant crowned gorilla skull & more!
« Reply #397 on: November 18, 2017, 08:52:13 AM »
Ermahgerd - lovely stuff.

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #398 on: November 18, 2017, 02:31:08 PM »
Your stuff is always inspirational, Alex! I love them all, and snaps to you for attending the university event in spite of, erm, lackluster sales. You're a good chap.

Also, fun to see a photo of you - in this day of electronic communication it can be fun to put a face to a name. Keep up the great work!

Daryl

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #399 on: November 18, 2017, 10:14:54 PM »
AWESOME!!!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

I really do like the idea of a series of "encounter sets" for RPGs and tabletop games, CONGRATULATIONS!!!  ;)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #400 on: November 18, 2017, 10:45:28 PM »
Fantastic stuff as always.  The skull piece has me thinking, have you considered doing a (very large) mini for the living version of the King?  Maybe with variant heads with and without crown?  That would be pretty cool.

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #401 on: November 18, 2017, 11:36:56 PM »
Fantastic stuff as always.  The skull piece has me thinking, have you considered doing a (very large) mini for the living version of the King?  Maybe with variant heads with and without crown?  That would be pretty cool.

Mmmmmmmaybe...

Maybe I've already got concept art done, too...

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #402 on: November 19, 2017, 12:15:58 AM »
Great stuff Alex, that looks like a very professional set-up.
And you do look remarkably cheery for a man whose mind is adrift in the Stygian labyrinth of a Lemurian netherworld  ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:46:48 AM by Captain Blood »

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #403 on: November 19, 2017, 12:41:15 AM »
Mmmmmmmaybe...

Maybe I've already got concept art done, too...

Needs an attractive blonde to obsess over - better get Kev sculpting her.  :)

Offline orc

• Scientist
« Reply #404 on: November 21, 2017, 03:01:23 AM »
Great Stuff Alex :-* :-* :-*!!! I can't wait to see what can bring us the 'Eye of the Cyclops' and these encounters set >:(!!! Any idea when you are going ahead with you Kickstarter?? ::)