Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:05:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Denizens of Azor: Man-Apes and more Man-Apes!  (Read 113761 times)

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
Re: (Kickstarter) Denizens of Azor: Eye of the Cyclops
« Reply #465 on: June 23, 2018, 01:56:35 PM »
And things are going pretty well with the Kickstarter!

It's fully funded, and we've made a solid foray into the stretch goals.  The armored cyclops sculpt has been unlocked (and is being sculpted by David Soderquist as we speak!), everyone gets free shields for their cultists, the Guard Captain has been unlocked (and is being sculpted by Patrick Keith!), the pet lizard has been unlocked (already sculpted by Dave Cauley!), and we're well on our way towards everyone getting free sacrificial skull piles with which to decorate their hidden temples!

And I've got more planned!  I just sketched out what I think is a unique treasure pile a few days ago and lined a sculptor up to start work on it, and I've spoken with someone about new cult guard sculpts, too.

Check out the Kickstarter - share the link, tell your friends, please :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/966071466/the-eye-of-the-cyclops-from-forge-of-ice/

I've also made a big chunk of my regular catalog available as add-on purchases, so, if you'be been waiting for an excuse to buy my stuff, now is a good time!

Thanks for looking!

-Alex

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #466 on: June 23, 2018, 04:04:04 PM »
I do love the art for the captain, cute but she means business.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #467 on: June 27, 2018, 04:09:22 AM »
Happy to back this one.

Plenty of add-ons are on offer so well worth considering if you're still on the fence.

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #468 on: June 27, 2018, 11:40:02 AM »
Happy to back this one.

Plenty of add-ons are on offer so well worth considering if you're still on the fence.

Thank you for the support Muzfish :)

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #469 on: June 27, 2018, 11:44:08 AM »
Rob Wheeler of Pennyfew Painting finished painting the pet lizard and the sacrificial skull pile in record speed!

The skull piles were unlocked as a stretch goal, and come free with your pledge.  The lizard was unlocked as a purchasable add-on for $4.

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #470 on: June 28, 2018, 11:02:20 AM »
Thanks for the great minis, Alex. I'm in for sure.

I've been putting it off, but now there's really no excuse not to add-on the Lion Ladies and their pets...and, of course, that Guard Captain is irresistible....and, further of course, one really can't get by with just ONE cyclops...

o_o  o_o  o_o

:D

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 11:05:02 AM by oabee »
I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.
Gandalf

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
Harry Dresden

Offline joshuaslater

• Scientist
« Reply #471 on: June 28, 2018, 07:35:32 PM »
Thanks for the great minis, Alex. I'm in for sure.

I've been putting it off, but now there's really no excuse not to add-on the Lion Ladies and their pets...and, of course, that Guard Captain is irresistible....and, further of course, one really can't get by with just ONE cyclops...

o_o  o_o  o_o

:D

Ha Bates!!!  No one can have just one one eyed Cyclops!

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #472 on: June 30, 2018, 05:19:42 PM »
Ha Bates!!!  No one can have just one one eyed Cyclops!

This is what I'm talkin' about: I have been hosting Lost World Pulp Alley games at conventions for a year and a half now. My normal game has 4 players. If I were to do the Hill Raiders scenario from Pulp Alley's Lost World of Lemuria campaign, I would need seven cyclops: 5 deploy on turn 1 (# of leagues +1) and 2 deploy at the end of turn 2. If you do the math, that means I need 7 cyclops. PLUS each cyclops deploys with a "skull boar" in base contact. Seven more. The miniatures that Dave Phipps shows in the book specifically for this scenario are Alex's Cyclops and Entelodonts ("Skull Pig").

Now, I know, you don't have to use Alex's minis: you can substitute anything that would be suitable. And I know it sounds like I'm complaining.

But, dang it, these are great minis AND I WANNA HAVE THEM and use them in this dang scenario!   ;D ;D ;D

So the reality of this whole post is that I'm busy figuring how to finance these 14 minis and work out a procurement and painting schedule. Maybe I can just get 5 of each and hope the players kill off a couple of each in the first two turns...Yeah, that  should work.... ;)

I hosted Dave's Lemuria Death Rides from Above scenario at a couple of conventions and bought a passel (gaggle?) of pterosaurs from Andrew Taylor's Antediluvian Miniatures, and it was worth every penny. A great scenario: challenging, entertaining, FUN!

So Alex (and Andrew!): keep churning out these great miniatures!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 07:55:32 PM by oabee »

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #473 on: July 03, 2018, 09:30:10 PM »
This is what I'm talkin' about: I have been hosting Lost World Pulp Alley games at conventions for a year and a half now. My normal game has 4 players. If I were to do the Hill Raiders scenario from Pulp Alley's Lost World of Lemuria campaign, I would need seven cyclops: 5 deploy on turn 1 (# of leagues +1) and 2 deploy at the end of turn 2. If you do the math, that means I need 7 cyclops. PLUS each cyclops deploys with a "skull boar" in base contact. Seven more. The miniatures that Dave Phipps shows in the book specifically for this scenario are Alex's Cyclops and Entelodonts ("Skull Pig").

Now, I know, you don't have to use Alex's minis: you can substitute anything that would be suitable. And I know it sounds like I'm complaining.

But, dang it, these are great minis AND I WANNA HAVE THEM and use them in this dang scenario!   ;D ;D ;D

So the reality of this whole post is that I'm busy figuring how to finance these 14 minis and work out a procurement and painting schedule. Maybe I can just get 5 of each and hope the players kill off a couple of each in the first two turns...Yeah, that  should work.... ;)

I hosted Dave's Lemuria Death Rides from Above scenario at a couple of conventions and bought a passel (gaggle?) of pterosaurs from Andrew Taylor's Antediluvian Miniatures, and it was worth every penny. A great scenario: challenging, entertaining, FUN!

So Alex (and Andrew!): keep churning out these great miniatures!

I wholeheartedly endorse the purchase of many, many of my miniatures :D

Here's a preview of the second Cyclops sculpt in progress:

Cyclopes are incredibly rare in my setting - there would almost never be more than three or four alive at any given time in history, but, that said, it's not impossible that I'd have a third sculpted if there was demand for it.  I did have something in mind about a set of triplets, each born with only one eye...

That said, "not impossible" isn't the same as "likely", so... I dunno.  We'll see.

I'm super curious to get in on one of those games, though!  I hope to be at Gary Con again next year, and maybe NTRPG con, too.  Maybe I'll see you there!

-Alex

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #474 on: July 03, 2018, 09:42:04 PM »
Woohoo!

The Kickstarter is progressing very well - over 200% funded!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/966071466/the-eye-of-the-cyclops-from-forge-of-ice

We're in the final week, and I have some updates to share!

Patrick Keith has finished the Guard Captain for the cult -

And I've added three new Pterro-Men as add-on purchases! 

These sculpts are all in-progress, but they'll be finished by the time I'm doing fulfillment for the KS, so, I decided to add them as add-on purchases (and to help defray the costs of the sculpts with pre-orders - they're worth it, but they were not cheap!).  Purely an example of serendipitous timing - I was planning on releasing them this fall as a part of a separate release, but, since they're going to be ready now, I figured why not make them available immediately.  There are a few more pics up over on the KS campaign page.

Thanks for looking - and thank you to everyone who has pledged and/or shared a link to this campaign.  It's such a huge part of the success of little indie games projects like mine, and it is very much appreciated.

-Alex

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #475 on: July 03, 2018, 10:52:26 PM »
Love the Ptero-men! And backed!
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Online Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #476 on: July 04, 2018, 06:25:22 AM »
The Ptero-men are brilliant. I see that Fenris Games will be sorting EU shipping and was wondering if they would be picking the range up after the Kickstarter?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 06:35:04 AM by Elk101 »

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #477 on: July 04, 2018, 06:52:02 AM »
Brilliant sculpts :D

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #478 on: July 04, 2018, 09:52:52 AM »
The Ptero-men are brilliant. I see that Fenris Games will be sorting EU shipping and was wondering if they would be picking the range up after the Kickstarter?

http://fenrisgames.com/shop#!/Forge-of-Ice-miniatures/c/23044053/offset=0&sort=normal