Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:36:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Denizens of Azor: Man-Apes and more Man-Apes!  (Read 113753 times)

Offline Valerik

• Mad Scientist
  • "...promiscuously brandishing a revolver..."
Re: Snake Cult Starter Kit received
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2015, 10:55:08 PM »
My viper bedecked babes, er priestesses arrived yesterday.
I'll be marshaling the mugs, mooks, n'minions, adding the acolytes & sourcing their shrine soon.

I am MOST pleased with these lovely ladies!!

Along with all the other bits n'boobs n'bobs they arrived in 3 days from Alaska!!

I've heard grumbles here, & more elsewhere, that Forge of Ice/Alex Bates, lacking a viable web presence, is somehow suspect, or unprofessional, questionable even.

Please allow me to disabuse EVERYONE of such notions. 
Alex was communicative, responsive, forbearing & understanding during our transaction. 
His products are innovative, crisply & cleanly cast, well packed & delivered promptly.
I couldn't be more satisfied with my purchase, its professional manufacture & handling.

Alex's figures are very nice, comparing favourably with my standard benchmarks:
Harwood Hobbies & Pulp Alley/Statuesque Miniatures. 
They exhibit low/no flash, expressive, interesting, exciting designs well executed.
Alex's creations are as useful as they are affordable.

I tried to decide if I like the first priestess (yes, she IS still available!!) better'n the 2nd,
but then they both started squabbling & threatened to sic their pets on me...
So, officially, I do NOT have a favourite...

As for the rest of the stuff I bought mostly parts n'pieces.

Let me highly recommend the turtles!!  Great for perils in those damp n'squishy spots on the table where crocs, hippopotomi n'gators might not be able to hide so good. Bought sight unseen I'm frankly delighted.  The shell "shields" will do nicely as waterline testudines, box & snapping varietals, whilst the critter herself is just plain ORNERY!!  I'm looking forward to painting them.

The primitive weapons are nicely rendered & well detailed, I instantly decided I need more of 'em, as well as more turtles.  The shields are nicely rendered too.
The Venus will be a superb plot point for Pulp Alley, especially if she is cursed!!

I'm quite looking forward to the Jungle Queen becoming available, soon I hope!!
Ditto a Kickstarter, I'll back Alex & Forge of Ice, colour me a contented consumer.

My next order I might try some of the fantasy critters on for size.

Thanks Alex!

Valerik

"There's death a dozen times over, down the river..."
Mr Charles Allnutt, Esq.

BGR

"Fart in the devil's face"
Martin Luther

Offline wulfgar22

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
Re: Denizens of Azor preview thread - the Queen of the Jungle!
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2015, 10:29:28 AM »
My snake ladies arrived nice and quick here in the UK with no problems!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2015, 01:56:52 AM »
Okay, I want at least three of the snake bedecked priestess figures - but in 15 mm.  When can I expect delivery!?   ;)

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2015, 11:15:34 PM »
Okay, I want at least three of the snake bedecked priestess figures - but in 15 mm.  When can I expect delivery!?   ;)

I'm sorry to say that I have no plans to do anything in 15mm.  Perhaps they could be tropical Storm Giants?

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2015, 11:24:55 PM »
My snake ladies arrived nice and quick here in the UK with no problems!

Glad to hear it Wulfgar!

-Alex

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
Re: Snake Cult Starter Kit received
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2015, 11:39:46 PM »

I've heard grumbles here, & more elsewhere, that Forge of Ice/Alex Bates, lacking a viable web presence, is somehow suspect, or unprofessional, questionable even.

Believe me, I am *very* aware that my lack of a working online store is a pain in the ass for everyone involved.  I just barely remember the days of ordering miniatures via mail order, sight-unseen, from a catalog of line drawings, not even photographs of the figures... but that was a long time ago. 

Please allow me to disabuse EVERYONE of such notions. 
Alex was communicative, responsive, forbearing & understanding during our transaction. 
His products are innovative, crisply & cleanly cast, well packed & delivered promptly.
I couldn't be more satisfied with my purchase, its professional manufacture & handling.

Alex's figures are very nice, comparing favourably with my standard benchmarks:
Harwood Hobbies & Pulp Alley/Statuesque Miniatures. 
They exhibit low/no flash, expressive, interesting, exciting designs well executed.
Alex's creations are as useful as they are affordable.

I tried to decide if I like the first priestess (yes, she IS still available!!) better'n the 2nd,
but then they both started squabbling & threatened to sic their pets on me...
So, officially, I do NOT have a favourite...

As for the rest of the stuff I bought mostly parts n'pieces.

Let me highly recommend the turtles!!  Great for perils in those damp n'squishy spots on the table where crocs, hippopotomi n'gators might not be able to hide so good. Bought sight unseen I'm frankly delighted.  The shell "shields" will do nicely as waterline testudines, box & snapping varietals, whilst the critter herself is just plain ORNERY!!  I'm looking forward to painting them.

The primitive weapons are nicely rendered & well detailed, I instantly decided I need more of 'em, as well as more turtles.  The shields are nicely rendered too.

The Venus will be a superb plot point for Pulp Alley, especially if she is cursed!!

I'm quite looking forward to the Jungle Queen becoming available, soon I hope!!
Ditto a Kickstarter, I'll back Alex & Forge of Ice, colour me a contented consumer.

My next order I might try some of the fantasy critters on for size.

Thanks Alex!

Valerik

"There's death a dozen times over, down the river..."
Mr Charles Allnutt, Esq.

Thank you very much for the endorsement and the kind words!

-Alex

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
Re: Denizens of Azor preview thread - Sleazy Merchant & Sleepy Sentries
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2015, 01:02:20 PM »
I think that I have mentioned that I'm planning a Kickstarter to release a small batch of figures.

Here they are!  It's a Sleazy Merchant and his Sleepy Sentries.

Every RPG I've played in always seems to have a sleazy merchant or slave trader or crooked senator as a villain, and he always seems to have low-rent guards who are prone to falling asleep on the job.  Or getting drunk, or perhaps ensorcled.

The ancient city, Azor, is decadent and corrupt, and this fellow is a fine example of the sort of corrupt official that can make life troublesome for the protagonists.  He was sculpted by Kev White and painted by Jason Huffman.  

There are six guards in total, all sculpted by Bobby Jackson - two standing awake and alert, and four in various stages of slacking off all the way to slumber.

Everything has already been sculpted, and master castings have been made - all is ready for production.

Should the KS be wildly successful I do have a couple of small stretch goals in mind, shields and some loot for the guards to be standing watch over (admittedly not doing a very good job at it), but the plan is to keep things very simple and straightforward.

Thanks for looking - I'll post more news as things get closer to being released.

The armored crocodile, Queen of the Jungle, the Snakeman and a terrain piece are also all expected to be ready this summer, too!

-Alex in Alaska
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 01:05:33 PM by Alxbates »

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2015, 01:59:16 PM »
Brilliant!  :o

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2015, 04:10:54 PM »
Excellent sculpts!

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2015, 06:11:28 PM »
Excellent!  :-* :-*

Offline ShortscaleDave

• Scientist
QUOTING IN FULL BECAUSE AWESOME!  How did I miss that pic first time around. I'm calling it: best serpent man sculpt I've ever seen. DO. WANT.

This here is just an early in-progress picture, but I'm super stoked about it, so I'm going to show it off!

A serpent man sculpted by Mr. John Dennett!  Some of you may remember his work from Grenadier in the 1980's - his Monster Manuscript figures are still some of my all time favorites.

The Histath are a race of mostly plains-dwelling dinosaur tamers and riders.  Nomadic and predatory, they live in small family groups or tribes, occasionally uniting to raid (or trade with!) the human and subhuman inhabitants of Azor.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2015, 10:29:17 AM »
It is definitely cool. I prefer snakemen leg less but this one is an exception for me. Must get!
When is the KS planned?

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
QUOTING IN FULL BECAUSE AWESOME!  How did I miss that pic first time around. I'm calling it: best serpent man sculpt I've ever seen. DO. WANT.

OK, Dave, since you're so enthusiastic, I'll post a preview of the nearly-finished figure.  It's basically done except for the spear.

He'll be released this summer with the Jungle Queen and armored crocodile from earlier, along with a certain terrain piece.

Then, after that, an entire tribe...

Offline wulfgar22

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2015, 10:57:56 AM »
 :-* He's brilliant!

Offline ShortscaleDave

• Scientist
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2015, 11:00:32 AM »
Phenomenally good!  I thought it looked great smooth, but the detailing is next level!

Bring on the whole tribe!