Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:58:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Star Wars Miniatures Battles Project  (Read 76010 times)

Offline ThorinXV

• Student
Re: A Star Wars Miniatures Battles Project
« Reply #285 on: February 18, 2017, 10:36:54 AM »
I would really love to join this campaign. But since the event takes place more than one thousand kilometers from here, I can only hope you make lots of nice pics and write up such a cool battle report again Hue!

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
  • "-El Emperador no es tan magnánimo como yo"
« Reply #286 on: February 18, 2017, 08:58:43 PM »
i'll try Thoryn!!!. i'm wondering on bringing a couple of cammeras! ;)

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #287 on: March 05, 2017, 03:50:46 PM »
These are some shoretrooper props that i'm preparing for our Scariff assault. Minis are unidentified. Thanks to Commander Vyper for such strange minis.

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #288 on: March 06, 2017, 11:57:34 AM »
Those Shoretroopers are brilliant!  :o

They are originally the Acropolis Andromeda 5 Federal Marines available from the Baggage Train: LINK

The sculptor's images:
Acropolis_SF by www.henni.photo, on Flickr

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #289 on: March 06, 2017, 07:06:15 PM »
Whoaaaa!! That must be a blast of the past for sure!! Thank you earther!!! No more misteries!!:D

Offline psullie

• Scientist
    • Paul's Blog
« Reply #290 on: March 06, 2017, 08:50:14 PM »
peculiar poses, but cracking painting !

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #291 on: March 06, 2017, 09:49:51 PM »
Whoaaaa!! That must be a blast of the past for sure!! Thank you earther!!! No more misteries!!:D

Please note that the bottom two images (the dark ones in long coats and the ones in red) are much bigger than the Federal Marines (in blue) and the green troopers.  ;)

Offline orc

• Scientist
« Reply #292 on: March 09, 2017, 03:41:59 AM »
 :o :o :oMagnific Shoretroopers Rafa !!! I can't wait to see this photos from "Scariff Assault"  >:(

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
Re: A Star Wars Miniatures Battles Project: 3 ruleset Battle of Scariff
« Reply #293 on: March 20, 2017, 06:55:54 PM »
Hello there gents.
Last Saturday, Criamon, other members of Despertaferro ( IRONAWAKEN) wargaming club and myself managed to play The battle of Scariff with 3 rulesets ( ARMADA, X-WiNG, and SWMB).
The idea was engaging in three different scenarios that were dependant one of another.
Thus, David organised  a  grid in which each round were described as actions to do ( To hack the imperial codes, to send the data to Rebel Fleet) , and unavoidable events ( arrival of AT-ACT's, Arrival of Vader's fleet).
In that way, If rebel fleet could'nt destroy the Shield, Rogue one commandoes couldn't send the data, etc.

Criamon and myself were incharge of the SWMB ground assault Scenario. There were many issues to keep in mind regarding the lenght of Rounds on each different Ruleset, and we were forced to RESUME. So we decided to use only a couple of heroes. Cassian and Erso. no need to say that Scariff battle could have been played in a more wide quantiny of miniatures, but our challenge was to play acordingly to 3 games, and mainain a "time line"

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #294 on: March 20, 2017, 07:01:56 PM »
The scenario was filled of PROPS, you know that the cargo shuttle would be an outstanding example of scrath work but we haven't the time and resources. Criamon, on the other hand , scratched a Shield gate for Armada.
Additionally, the X-wing Scenario were planned for the rebels to protect the U-Wing till they could trespass the Shield Gate and deploy some reinforces on the ground / or destroy the At-Act from the SWMB board. ( using X-wing stats for the At-Act)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:06:14 PM by huesped »

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #295 on: March 20, 2017, 07:04:56 PM »
The rebel forces had to break the Shield gate in a devastating attack , meanwhile the Rogue One commando infiltrates and breaks the imperial security data banks

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #296 on: March 20, 2017, 07:13:11 PM »
The Rogue One:
1 4 Elite commandoes
1 4 elite commandoes
1 6 Hand-picked Commandoes
Jyn Erso
Cassian Andor

The Imperial Forces:
1 6 Shoretroopers
5 6 stormtroopers
Dir. Krennick
2 Shadow troopers

With only a Unit of Stormies patrolling the installation, Rogue One had to arrive to the console in barely three rounds, which it doesn't leave much space to open fire/maintain firefight against the imperial forces if engaged. Thus, Victor and myself decide to split Our forces, one squad firing upon the patrolling unaware Stormies, and the rest running to the console

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #297 on: March 20, 2017, 07:27:06 PM »
Meanwhile in the skies, the rebel fleet had to withstand the tie Swarm, which affected  the shields on one of our Frigates, Rogue One hold the line among the crates agaist a non-willing- to -die Stormies. Fortunately, Criamon failed to deploy reinforcements on the 2nd round. This was used by the rebels to move forward fast (RUUUUUUN!!!!) to the Console, still out of range.
the third squad of Rogue One took position in front of the bunker, hoping to open fire against everyone that crossed the Blast Doors.

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #298 on: March 20, 2017, 07:33:31 PM »
Meanwhile on the third round Cassian managed to arrive up to the console and hack the Imperial Security programs, creating the breach needed to decode the data, the battle above was slowly turning to a massacre, and our fellow rebel Admirals, Oscar and Lluís, began to sweat, thinking on the possibilities of destroying the damned  Gate.

On the other hand, Rogue one commandoes stood still in their positions like Fr$*ck%ng heroes, standing on the imperial blasts fired upon!! ;D ;D ;D
On the Other hand, The Imps were re organizing, and Criamon finally could send some reinforcement, that will, for sure, put the rebels in a unconfortable situation

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #299 on: March 20, 2017, 07:39:41 PM »
With The Data decoded, and prepared to send the DS plans to the Fleet. Rogue One could only take cover and wait the fleet to destroy the Shield Gate, and i can assure you that, half the rebel playes had celebrated Saint Patrick - with it's unavoidable hangover, restoring our energies with 4 coffees along the game, we were REALLY SWEATING.  Every time news came from the Armada Board our faces were of despair xDD.
The words " -The gate stands still, one round more-" was said many times that day.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:37:04 PM by huesped »