Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:57:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686663
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A Star Wars Miniatures Battles Project  (Read 75613 times)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: A Star Wars Miniatures Battles Project
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »
You have probably mentioned this somewhere but, What figures do you use mostly? WEG or WotC?

I'm looking forward to that sailbarge. :)

Cheers
Matt.

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
  • "-El Emperador no es tan magnánimo como yo"
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2015, 09:16:57 PM »
Hey Matt. i must admit that i began collecting WEG when i was 14. after 26 years, once sold several GW stuff, i re-started to collect WEG again. i tried two  WOC blisters - or whatever- but the quality of the minis was, for me, outrageous - i know that other series of WOC were in better shape, but the ones i bought seemed to be microwaved!!.
On the other hand, i wanted to keep the scale. there's something on the real 25mm that amazes me - not only grenadier, but ral partha  and such, that IMHO 28mm has lost.

thus, only WEg ;)

about the Sali Barge- or perhaps a cargo Barge, i guess i can teake a picture with the skiff for comparison, even that is still WIP ;) i'll upload it soon!
cheers!!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2015, 07:13:13 AM »
Wowie, what an excellent thread. Love what you're doing with this game!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2015, 09:23:29 AM »
Well it looks good! And a long time collecting minis shows in your wonderful painted collection!  :-*  :-*

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2015, 11:51:41 AM »
This thread is amazing! I love what you've done with those old WEG figures. Beautiful.

But that stock light freighter is spectacular!!! Did you kit-bash that? It looks like an old Millennium Falcon kit, heavily modified, with a camper attached to the top as a cockpit. Am I close?

The whole spaceport is wonderful. I'd love to see it from different angles. 

Offline Viruz

• Scientist
    • The Metal Magic Forum is closed
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2015, 10:12:20 AM »
I'm enthusiastic and a a little bit envious. :D
I buy old Spacelords Miniatures from Hobby Products !
- Cybertech, Bunkerbreaker, Yoyodyne, Sarday´kin, Phagon -

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2015, 09:06:42 PM »
But that stock light freighter is spectacular!!! Did you kit-bash that? It looks like an old Millennium Falcon kit, heavily modified, with a camper attached to the top as a cockpit. Am I close?

thx everyone for your kind words!! i'll keep posting some stuff. - in the end, it's the only wargame i retain: too much work for the few free time in this days :/
The models is a 1:72 XS STOCK FREIGHTER, it appeared in the videogame Star wars: The Old Republic, as the smugglers' ship.
it's a garage resin model, wich means a very limited number of copies. still, it has some of the classical Corellian design, although this one seems a bit rustic.  I prefered purchasing different models rather than the YT-1300, and in the end, the FineMolds Millenium Falcon was as expensive as the XS Stock freighter or the YT-2400 (next in my building queue). And they always looks flashy on a battleboard!!  8)

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2015, 01:18:18 PM »
You have probably mentioned this somewhere but, What figures do you use mostly? WEG or WotC?

I'm looking forward to that sailbarge. :)

Cheers
Matt.
here is.  i had to look on the shelf where was it!!!
 some pics of my WIP cargo barge. it's aprox. 14'' long. not a sail barge but in the end more playable zone
Emoticono wink
it was done at early 90's, when a scratched ina a compulsory way, so do not look after any accuracy

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2015, 01:51:38 PM »
Hello there, gents. Yesterday some fellow members of Despertaferro and AIF wargaming clubs playtested a scenario we designed for three factions. Thus, Criamon, victor and myself have tested and enjoyed the results. As we advanced in this tread, The scenario takes stage in Kala'unn, the Ryloth Spaceport , in where the representatives of the Clan Baasha, producers of the highly prized spice Ryll, have to close a deal with Jabba the Hutt representatives. The Hutt sends four enslaved wookies, as sign goodwill that will work as slaves to mine Ryll.
A rebel command, stuck in Ryloth, has his eye on the Tessek's freighter , Jabba envoy, and pretends to steal it, hoping to get out of that hole. Although they faced with the moral dilemma of freeing the Wookies and thus gain important allies. And everyone knows what the debt Wookiee Life !.

With nerves, a henchman fires his gun and put both factions firing. People carrying boxes full of spice and credit Ryll trying to reach safety, the rebels appear suddenly after several drawers opening fire on the wookie captors. Among the chaos, the Wookiees, like the Lannisters whom always pay their debts, and are engaged to pluck a few heads of Tessek's henchmen . He is forced to order his Gamorreans they drop the boxes with the precious Ryll and go to restore order. Meanwhile, rebel leader has been found in one of the boxes scattered around the spaceport a thermal detonator, which successfully launched on  Ryll crates carriers. Tessek's being severely diminished his forces. The Baasha clan, as they've got the credit crates and collected toward the entrance to the cavern that leads to the underground city. Trying to secure at least payment crates, they 're also trying try to reduce Tessek forces, pretending also recovering the spice. Tessek has the freighter in walking distance, but the melee among Wookiees, the remains of his own thugs, and his bodyguard Gamorreans stand. Finally, among Wookiees Gamorreans and there is a slaughter, that seek to exploit the rebels ran to the freighter, anticipating the intentions of Tessek. The rebel hero dies of a Tessek's  accurate shot , although  little remains of the rebel squadron makes it to the Corellian freighter before Tessek survivors would.

There we have left. - on 6th round- if we 've played up to 7th. The rebels effectively have entered the Freighter, and perhaps The Baasa clan Twil'eks have reached the Cave entrance.
The truth is that it was such good fun with peers. We have found that the scenario works, the dimensions were correct and the interplay between three factions, though at first it may seem complicated, opens up many possibilities for various betrayals and promotes numerous twists to the strategies of each.
 In addition we tried a number of special Abilities in Gamorreans and The Wookies, which give more color if possible, along with random equipment available among stacked boxes at the spaceport, brought surprises - the thermal detonator that the rebels found and useless - as they were already equipped with- blaster pistols encountered by Baasa hench men.

you can find the Scenario in the Yahoo group SWMB groups. you must have yahoo account and get going. Once admitted you'd find a lot of material prepared by SWMB players.

good people; a pleasure as always !!!

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2015, 01:55:47 PM »
more captions ;)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2015, 02:05:11 PM »
Love the cargo skiff  8) 8) 8)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2015, 02:58:05 PM »
Wow great thread :) very inspiring :D

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2015, 07:34:57 PM »
The figures look amazing as always, but that terrain is cool beyond belief. Is that set up based on the hanger bay scenario from the back of the rulebook?

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2015, 09:30:17 PM »
thx for your words.
perhaps it has some influence on Scenarios published by WEG like " to hunt the Hutt" on "Imperial Entanglements" supplement or , as you said "Like rats in a trap".  But we developed a whole new scenario.
Anyone interested on downloading should join the SWMB Yahoo group - a yahoo email needed!- then enjoy of many updates, info, scenarios, home rules and such.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/swmb/files

any feelings and oppinions about the scenario, will be wellcome!

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2015, 09:37:02 PM »
Very cool!! :-* :-*