Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:18:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686597
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 614
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Round 10 postponed again  (Read 9899 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Round 10 postponed again
« on: June 29, 2008, 04:38:42 PM »
Dear Lead Painters, I'm sorry to tell you that the Round 10 will be postponed again. Unfortunately I won't be able to prepare all the entries, create the polls and start them tomorrow. So the new deadline will be the next weekend, 6.Juli and the new start of the Round 10 - Juli 7.

So the new entry deadline and round duration:

Round 10 (Season 2 Finals) July 7th – July 13th.

yours
Prof.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Re: Round 10 postponed again
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 05:03:39 PM »
Aarggh. and I worked hard at getting my lot ready for today.....  ;D
Ah well - next week is a right mess of work, and I'll be abroad over the weekend, so it's just as well.  8) 8)
Prof, I actually was worried by a vision of you arriving home late this night from your trip and spending until 5 a.m. or a similarly ridiculous hour to get the voting set up!  :o Better this way. Hope you had a good trip.  :)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 07:04:13 PM »
Since I am the Lord of the Procastrinators I am always greatful for all thing I can postpone. Cheers. Alex! :-)

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 08:47:17 PM »
Urrgh! Painted all day to make the deadline. But on the other hand now I'll be able to do some detailwork and even better lots more minis that are nearly finished by now! And something else...
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 12:42:33 AM »
Ha! Now I can try to finish my General instead of my 'regular' squad leader. Was gonna send off the photo tonite...

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 07:59:16 AM »
Dear Lead Painters, I'm sorry to tell you that the Round 10 will be postponed again...

Don't worry, we all know how busy life can be.  Just grateful you put the effort into arranging the competition at all.  I could never find the spare time for such an enterprise.

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 02:12:25 PM »
There was no point checking the calculations for a fourth time, Malinsky knew. That satellite was coming down almost 800 kilometers off from the projected impact point, somewhere in the mosquito-infested swamps of Siberia. He mashed his cigarette into the ashtray on the console and leaned back. He had flown over that area, once, years ago - endless seas of reedy grasses, the occasional island of gnarled pine tree, nothing to mark the land except for a few unnamed settlements, the odd collective farm, and some aircraft navigational aids powered by atomic batteries.

The nav aids, he thought. Back in '85 or '86, during one of the silent crises, beacon six-omicron had failed, and they'd had to parachute a fellow in to fix it, quick, before the Americans wised up to it. The special team had flown in and taken over his control station, one radio operator speaking to that field agent who had stood in hip-deep water and managed to repair a thermocoupling without turning the area into a mini-Zone. Malinsky had been impressed, even moreso by the unassuming, smiling, deeply muddy field agent when he stepped off the helo. What had been that guy's name?

They called him "the Professor," he remembered. "Don't worry, the professor will get to your little lighthouse and get it working again, Malinsky," the radio operator had said.

Sighing, Malinsky picked up the yellow telephone from its hook on the console.

"Hey, Seryosha," he said gruffly, "I've got some bad news. Star Nine is coming down in the middle of a swamp. Do you think we could find 'the Professor?'"

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 11:07:58 AM »
You're a busy man Prof!! Which incidentally is good for me since it gives me one more chance at buying the miniatures I need for round 10...  which won't happen since it's to far away from any of my projects  :-I

Still do have the big RAFM Cthulhu lying around though   ;D

Next season will be a better job, then I'll at least have some projects lying in wait instead of (sometimes a bit too much) frantic painting

Looking forwards ot seeing the entries next week though!
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 11:33:52 AM »
Hmmm.. still haven't broken out of my painter's block   :(

Must put the khaki-project on hold and sit down with something more colourful, I think...  :?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 09:39:12 AM »
Hmmm.. still haven't broken out of my painter's block   :(

Must put the khaki-project on hold and sit down with something more colourful, I think...  :?

This happens to me quite often, actually.

When it does, I shift gears totally, start a new "mini" project (no pun intended) and it gets me slapping paint around again.

After finishing my Round 10 entry, I did just that, changed gears completely, found some old mini's, stripped off the paint and am now repainting them, hopefully a lot better than the first time around.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »
well, lads, NO postponement this time, so do send your entries :-) till now 14 entries are in.

Perhaps the round 10 will take more than a week, I'll go back to Russia next week again but that doesn't matter, we will start tomorrow, that's for sure.

As usual, Round 10 won't be the random selection of fight participants. I will make the selection :D So we will have an exciting finale, I hope  8)

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 06:23:25 PM »
Mine is in, thanks to the latest postponement I was able to do some weathering on the AT. I fear I did to much, but it's been my first try.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 10:23:19 PM »
Sorry chaps, no round 10 for me, got loads od minis done, none the right team and most have been posted before in a battle report, so I'll just have to enjoy the entries and feel guilty  >:D

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 07:25:59 AM »
Mine is in, thanks to the latest postponement I was able to do some weathering on the AT. I fear I did to much, but it's been my first try.

Poliorketes if the effect you intended was a very dusty train I think you did a fantastic job!  I like it.  Looks to me like a train that went full throttle with out stopping across hundreds of miles on the barren Russian steppe! :)  That was very well done for a first attempt at weathering!