Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:40:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689635
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Cemetry Lodge  (Read 2604 times)

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
Cemetry Lodge
« on: March 23, 2014, 08:30:52 AM »
Useful for Victorian Cuthulu onwards, every cemetery needs a haunted lodge:

Approx 1/48th scale - looks ok with largish 28mm.  Note that it's a bare kit, you'll have to apply the external texture yourself.  More details here;

http://www.petite-properties.com/
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline Connectamabob

• Mastermind
Re: Cemetry Lodge
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 01:37:54 AM »
Hmm. Not encouraged by the fact I had to dig through their blogs to find out what these were made of, and exactly what degree of "undecorated" we were talking about. If you've got a storefront, then that's where that info should be. Shop catalog pics should show items OOB up front, froofed up second (if at all), not exclusively the latter with no trace of the former.

If it hadn't occurred to me to look at their blog, I would've closed the tab without ever even considering buying because of the super-sketchy and customer-unfriendly impression their omissions create.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 01:42:01 AM by Connectamabob »
History viewed from the inside is always a dark, digestive mess, far different from the easily recognizable cow viewed from afar by historians.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 03:26:31 AM »
This piece will be in their catalogue from the end of March. I think I might try it....they have so many nice pieces.....I have their church furniture set which is great.

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 03:28:46 AM »
Cool. I just built a church otherwise this one would be mine...as it is way nicer than my, rather boxy one.  :?

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
    • EndTransmission's random gaming things
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 02:46:55 PM »
Oooh Those all go with the look/feel that I want for my village setting. I may have to experiment with one of those houses to see exactly what you get in the kit and how tricky it is to get the final look

Offline Bob Murch

• Scientist
  • Honest purveyor of toys and such.
    • Pulp Figures
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »
Beautiful model! It may encourage me to continue with my cemetery project that has been languishing.

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 04:23:09 PM »
Cool. I just built a church otherwise this one would be mine...as it is way nicer than my, rather boxy one.  :?

it's not a church, it's more of a caretakers house, quite common in English cemetries that don't have their own church (the big one next to the uni I work at has a lovely lodge, not a million miles away from this one)...

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 06:15:38 PM »
Oooh Those all go with the look/feel that I want for my village setting. I may have to experiment with one of those houses to see exactly what you get in the kit and how tricky it is to get the final look

Essentially you get a series of MDF walls/roof/floors/chimmney stacks and mount card window frames (usually two per window to add depth plus the glazing material) - all laser-cut.  They use DAS clay on the walls, carved to get the stone effect and by the look of it they've used it for the tiles as well.  The kits come with basic instructions but you can buy a small booklet for each kit which advises on more detailed finishing - tbh it's not really worth the extra price.

I've built a few of these for wargames use - adding Warbases paper tiles and either brick plasticard or random cut cardboard stone as finishes.  One day I'll pluck up the courage to try the DAS method.

I hadn't spotted the French Chateau  :-* 

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 06:25:16 PM »
Agree on the difficulty of finding the 'raw' product and the buildings are a bit pricy for what you get  :?

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/