Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:50:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690532
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The new Northstar Company poll!  (Read 6275 times)

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
Re: The new Northstar Company poll!
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 05:40:15 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Poll is now closed. There were 425 votes in all and the results can be viewed here:
http://inhermajestysname.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/northstar-poll-results-2/
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 01:45:30 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Poll is now closed. There were 425 votes in all and the results can be viewed here:
http://inhermajestysname.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/northstar-poll-results-2/

Give the 'top half' of the results:

Company                                                                                       Votes    Share
The Tippoo Sultan [SDRS: Indian madman with Clockwork Tigers]               78            18%
Le Cabinet Noir [IHMN: French Secret Service]                                       67            16%
The Templars [HVF: Knights in armour with firearms]                               56            13%
Royal Navy Landing Party [SDRS: with Rocketeers & a Patent Kelly suit]    47            11%
U-Troop, The North-West Mounted Police [HVF: Sasquatch]               42            10%

I was thinking that the top two choices were pretty significantly in the [pun not intended] lead, not that this is a democracy, but there is a place to produce one off Rocket packs, Patent Kelly suits, and/or Sasquatch figures/bits.  Gun armed Knights did well but I am not sure if it isn't easier to convert figures, YMMV.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
  • Most of what I say is lost in translation.
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 04:58:44 PM »

Give the 'top half' of the results:

Company                                                                                       Votes    Share
The Tippoo Sultan [SDRS: Indian madman with Clockwork Tigers]               78            18%
Le Cabinet Noir [IHMN: French Secret Service]                                       67            16%
The Templars [HVF: Knights in armour with firearms]                               56            13%
Royal Navy Landing Party [SDRS: with Rocketeers & a Patent Kelly suit]    47            11%
U-Troop, The North-West Mounted Police [HVF: Sasquatch]               42            10%

*Snip*
Not surprised about Tippoo though he is going to be quite old considering he was born the 1750's and died May 1799 at 48. He was a neat historical figure and the tigers will be cool.
I am surprized by the Le Cabinet Noir though since you can cobble together the entire force with a quick internet search but it will be an interesting list none the less.
The Templars are a disappointment since they where a list I was hoping to win since I suck at modifying figures, but you can get the Landing party in the armour with sword and pistol and rifles from that wonderful british website.
http://ironcladminiatures.com/en/25-british-victorian-sci-fi-figures
They work in a pinch for knights, patten kelly suits, and they are a british landing party. Brigade games make a set of four Patten Kelly Suits.
The British Landing Party already exists and is excellent see above. Though I am still looking for Rocketters.
I am disappointed to be honest about U troop, though for purely selfish. I can get the mounties(though a little out time), Cree and Sasquatch but the two named characters are hard to locate and I was hoping to save myself trouble by seeing them made.

My two cents

Daniel
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 05:02:09 PM »
Not surprised about Tippoo though he is going to be quite old considering he was born the 1750's and died May 1799 at 48. He was a neat historical figure and the tigers will be cool.
I am surprized by the Le Cabinet Noir though since you can cobble together the entire force with a quick internet search but it will be an interesting list none the less.
The Templars are a disappointment since they where a list I was hoping to win since I suck at modifying figures, but you can get the Landing party in the armour with sword and pistol and rifles from that wonderful british website.
http://ironcladminiatures.com/en/25-british-victorian-sci-fi-figures
They work in a pinch for knights, patten kelly suits, and they are a british landing party. Brigade games make a set of four Patten Kelly Suits.
The British Landing Party already exists and is excellent see above. Though I am still looking for Rocketters.
I am disappointed to be honest about U troop, though for purely selfish. I can get the mounties(though a little out time), Cree and Sasquatch but the two named characters are hard to locate and I was hoping to save myself trouble by seeing them made.

My two cents

Daniel

You make a good pitch for your viewpoint so maybe North Star will consider more than a straw poll in their decision.  It couldn't hurt to contact them and make those points directly.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
  • Most of what I say is lost in translation.
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2014, 05:32:12 PM »
I would have to clean it up since it is coming from my phone and it's tiny tinny keyboard.

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2014, 07:23:52 PM »

There is a simple twist to the Tippoo Sultan saga which explains this apparent anomaly that you will be able to see when you read Sleeping Dragon, Rising Sun  :D

You must all remember that the final choice in Sir Nick's, though I think that a good case has been made for the Sultan.

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2014, 05:45:16 PM »
Nick has just announced that Northstar are going to do a Tippoo Sultan company for IHMN  :D

https://www.facebook.com/northstarmilitaryfigures