Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:33:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686501
  • Total Topics: 118104
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley AAR - Nine Miles to Mexico  (Read 4541 times)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Re: Pulp Alley AAR - Nine Miles to Mexico
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 02:09:19 PM »
Huh, the plastic looks a fair bit thicker than the flimsy sort of stuff you get in an average blister pack.

Yup, here's a piece she's ready to cut out...

HAVE FUN

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 09:36:51 PM »
Great game and AAR - inspiring as always.

I am very impressed with your clear bases. What sort of glue are you using and do you find it holds well. It looks like a very elegant solution as to how you finish a base, grass, dessert, tarmac, no just have it see through. I would have thought as there is so little surface area to glue and the plastic/metal interface is not going to be the best, that the bond would be quite fragile in play.

Excellent

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 10:24:25 PM »
Wolf Girl;
I have been following your escapades for quite some time now and must say that you never disappoint with your AARs. Your terrain and figures are always great looking, and I must say that I am a shade envious of all the games that you have played while I attempt to squeeze an hour or so of painting in when I can due to work and other life commitments...keep them flowing as the inspirations are helping me a lot too, in order to get things completed.

One quick question...what rule set do you use for your Pulp games? Thank you in advance for your reply...and HappyY Gaming!!
Regards,
Hitman
 8)

P.S. Today's comic book style AAR was awesome...what program did you use....
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 06:00:21 AM »
I am very impressed with your clear bases. What sort of glue are you using and do you find it holds well. It looks like a very elegant solution as to how you finish a base, grass, dessert, tarmac, no just have it see through. I would have thought as there is so little surface area to glue and the plastic/metal interface is not going to be the best, that the bond would be quite fragile in play.

I'm just using whatever super-glue we have lying around at the moment. It's probably the cheapest stuff Dad could find.  ;)

None of the bases have fallen off by accident yet, and when I actually tried to rip one off it was very difficult. In fact, I destroyed the base and it left little plastic nubs on the bottoms of the miniature's feet. So it's holding together reeeeeally well.

I'm happy with how it's going and I'll keep converting more minis over to clear bases.

One quick question...what rule set do you use for your Pulp games? Thank you in advance for your reply...and Happy Gaming!!

P.S. Today's comic book style AAR was awesome...what program did you use....

We use our own Pulp Alley rules for all our games --http://pulpalley.com/

And for this last battle report I tried using Microsoft Publisher. I think it turned out okay.

THANKS

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 06:32:17 AM »
One quick question...what rule set do you use for your Pulp games?

What? That's like asking Richard Branson what Broadband provider he uses!!!!  o_o
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 09:50:09 PM »
Hi Wolf Girl
Thanks for the reply, I think I shall give this a go.

One last question, how are you removing the cast lead bases on the figures before fixing them to your clear bases.

Thanks

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »

One last question, how are you removing the cast lead bases on the figures before fixing them to your clear bases.

It sounds funny, but the best tool we've found is basic toenail clippers! They work great!  lol lol lol

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 09:09:53 PM »
but the best tool we've found is basic toenail clippers!
  >:(

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 12:30:40 PM »
Thanks - sorry for the delay in thanking you for the info but we are in the highlands of Scotland at the moment and internet is not so easy as at home.
I have used toenail clippers in the past but always got a v shaped cut that still took a lot of fileing and cutting to get flat, but it was quick and did not bend the figure, will have to try again.
Enjoy your gaming :D