Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686448
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dr Who - Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Daleks/Battle for Canary Wharf - Hotlead! 201  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Red Shirt 1

• Assistant
Last weekend my son and I attended the HOTLEAD! convention in Stratford, Ontario. We put on a hybrid game of Lock, stock and 2 smoking Daleks and "All Hell breaks loose" from the Battle for Canary Wharf. As we did not have the figures or terrain to play Lock, stock and 2 smoking Daleks as is, we took the fight back inside and replaced the Geezers and Police with and second Cyberman and Torchwood team.

Lock, stock and 2 smoking Daleks

The Game Begins

10 and the TARDIS

The Cybermen manage to capture the Doctor for a brief time but he is soon liberated by Yvonne and Torchwood Team 1. While this is going on Dalek Cann and Torchwood team 2 head off to secure the Dalek Ark. The Preachers begin stalking Cybermen as they move off towards the Cyber conversation factory.

10 captured by the Cybermen and freed by Torchwood

Micky, Rose and the Dalek Ark

Torchwood engages the Daleks

Preachers move on Cyber Conversion Chamber

Yvonne and the Doctor start collecting data from the phase shift analysers. The Cybermen continue to search rooms in an effort to  capture candidates for upgrading.  Mickey, Rose and Torchwood team 2 become locked in a death struggle with the Dalek Cann. Pete Tyler drops in (via event card), only to be exterminated by Dalek Cann for his trouble. Torchwood team 2 is wiped out and Mickey is captured. The Ark was primed!

Torchwood collect 10 and gather data

Cybermen search for more victims

Pete pays the price

Moments later Torchwood reinforcements destroy Cann and liberate Mickey.The Doctor, Yvonne and Torchwood rush off to prevent Dalek Sec and Thay from reaching the Ark. The Preachers are not idle during this period, They used their electromagnetic bombs to good effect, destroying the second Cyberman team and freeing one of their captives. They reach the Cyber conversion site free Jackie tyler and shut the site down.

More daleks arrive!

Preachers move in

As Dalek Sec had entered play via his event card he soon departed the scene, (unable to make his roll to remain in play) before leaving  he inflicted 2 wounds on the Doctor. Dalek Thay moves in to secure the Ark only to meet up with more Torchwood reinforcements. Mickey and Rose move out of the Ark room, joining the remaining Preachers who had headed off towards the centre of the table in a running fight with the remaining Cybermen.

Preacher free Cybermen captive by togewaugh, on Flickr

Caught between 2 Torchwood teams and the Doctor, Dalek Thay goes down under the sheer volume of fire and some very untimely die rolls.

By this point we had played 12 turns and decided the Preachers and Torchwood had completed their main objectives. The only problem remaining was that the Dalek Ark was soon to open!

We had a very nice group players join us for the game, ranging in age from about 10 yeas to those who were young at heart! A good time was had by all

Both Lock, Sock and 2 Smoking Daleks and the Battle for Canary under the 10th Doctor link on the Doctor Who Miniatures games site.
http://www.drwhominiatures.co.uk/

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Nice looking game.

How did you make the Ark?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Red Shirt 1

• Assistant
How did you make the Ark?

I made a rough shape with a lot of green stuff and then sculpted and sanded it into the desired shape. I then added styrene stringers, applied some more green stuff.

Some final sanding and carving. And it was ready to paint. I found the trick was to wait 2-3 days in order to allow that much green stuff to cure. You just can't rush it.

It took  a couple of weeks from star to finish.

Offline Dobbie71064

• Librarian
    • Dobbies Hobbies
I wish i was down at hotlead on Friday, i could only make it down for Saturday. It looks like an amazing game!

Offline Red Shirt 1

• Assistant
I wish i was down at hotlead on Friday, i could only make it down for Saturday. It looks like an amazing game!

It was, a number on people mentioned the game Saturday to me which was very satisfying. The youngest of the players asked if I would run it again on Saturday.

Now I need to work on next years game!