Forum > Cold War Reference Repository

Cold War Era Miniatures Wish List

(1/8) > >>

carlos marighela:
Anyone fell free to chime in. I gather if 10 of us play the game, brother Arlequin will create a poll.

1) Cubans for the Revolution. A character pack of Fidel, Che, Raul and my favourite Cuban, Camilo Cienfuegos. A guerilla pack and some packs of Batista's Army.

2) Cubans for the Bay of Pigs. A couple of packets of Brigadistas/ CIA puppets/ latifundista running dogs plus People's Militia.

3) US Army for the 1960s (not Vietnam) M-14s, OG 107 fatigues.

4) Soviet Army for the 1950s and '60s. Gymnastierkas, AK-47s, RPDs and RPG-2.

5) Yemeni tribesmen for Aden.

6) British Army 1946-58. A suitable range of British Army in tropical kit for Palestine, Cyprus, Suez and Mau Mau. Beret, bush hat and helmet head variants.

7) Che and friends Bolivia.

8) Salvadorean Army and FMLN guerillas

9) 1980s Swedes.

10) 1960s/ 70s Chinese PLA. The classic Mao cap and suit look.

Edit: Poll added and stickied. I've tried to keep them in a rough chronological order, but any other additions will have to be added after the current list, as otherwise it will wipe the poll completely. If you want to change your vote you can, but you'll have to re-do the entire poll selections from scratch. You can choose as many or as few as you like though and the limit will be changed if, or as, new selections are suggested.

Jim/Arlequín

juergen c. olk:
1)S.A.D.F.-Angola  2.)U.N. Peacekeepers -1961-Congo w/soft cap and helmets (Irish and Swedes) 3.)Katanganese Gendarme-1960'sCongo 4.)Modern African Peacekeepers    ...in 20mm. I do realize that manufactors need to make money ,but it is a wish list.

Earther:
I like all of CMs suggestions and I'd like to see juergens's but in 28mm. ;)

These in 28mm for me please:

1) Mid-1960s Belgian Paras for Dragon Rouge

2) 70s French for Kolwezi

3) 60s-70s SAS in tropical/desert kit with M16s & GPMGs

4) 1960s Simba rebels for the Congo

5) Generic scruffy-looking African soldiery in fatigues with M1 helmets and SLRs and AK47s - possible head variants of berets, bush hats and peaked cap with neck flap.

6) Mr Hicks to add to the Congo mercenaries range he did for Mongrel. (I can wish! ;))

7) 70s-style mercenaries/terrs/freedom fighters - mix of ethnicities with Swedish Ks, UZIs, MAC 10s, AKs, RPKs, SLRs etc. Dressed for the tropics.

8 ) Entebbe Isrealis with UZIs and AK47s, wool-knit caps and turtle-necks.

9) 60s-70s 'armed civilians' - western cloths for warm climates, male and female, mix of military weapons from handguns to LMGs. NOT KKBB style. Iron Curtain types too for KGB.

10) Late 70s/early 80s Pathet Lao/Khmer Rouge types

11) 70s tropical Soviets in caps - not necessarily for Afghanistan

I'm sure I'll think of more as the day goes on… lol

Arlequín:

--- Quote from: carlos marighela on April 03, 2014, 10:18:13 AM ---Anyone fell free to chime in. I gather if 10 of us play the game, brother Arlequin will create a poll.

--- End quote ---

Indeed I will and with Juergan and Earther, that makes five. 

I'll also make it multi-scale, we're not sizeist. :)

von Lucky:
In order of preference:

1) 2000-now war correspondent reporter and cameraman team

2) 2000-now Afghan and/or Iraqi interpreter in combat gear

3) 1990-now Tuaregs

4) 'Elite Squad' BOPE and favela residents (men, women and children)

5) 'Underbelly' criminals (ie Morans, Fat Tony, Carl Williams, etc)

6) 1980s BRD Bundesgrenzschutz and DDR Grenztruppen

7) 1970s Icelandic Coast Guard (hey, I can dream!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version