Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:21:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690630
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warzone Resurrection Imperials out soon  (Read 5655 times)

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
Re: Warzone Resurrection Imperials out soon
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 06:48:48 AM »
Some of the Prodos digital sculptors have an "end justifies the means" approach to human anatomy already, so... Or maybe the Greyhounds are piloted by ex-jockeys who have lost their legs... Or something o_o

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 08:04:57 AM »
it desperately needs to be bigger. You can see the helmeted head in the turret and its clear the tank is far too small. They should of made a 2 man version.

If he is standing in the bottom of the tank, turning with the turret, he could be crammed in there, I think. Any equipment/armour would have to be ditched, though...  ::)

Funny, that the pics say, the set can be preordered, but no trace of it at the store...
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 03:38:02 PM »
Funny, that the pics say, the set can be preordered, but no trace of it at the store...
It was in the 1st subsection of the new store the last I looked. On the pad now so won't go look for a direct link.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 04:46:36 PM »
It was in the 1st subsection of the new store the last I looked. On the pad now so won't go look for a direct link.

K, I was looking under 'Imperial'. Figures, they woudn't put it there  lol

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 09:38:40 PM »
Yeah... I am working on making sure the starters are under their factions... ::)

So, the tankette, we love it. But heck, can't love everything you lot! :P

It's meant to be a design ripped off from Bauhaus, in the background of Mutant Chronicles, the Fieldhausens break away from Bauhaus and join Imperial. They design the Bauhaus bully, but this thing is actually based on blueprints they stole before leaving Bauhaus. It sort of 'proved' them to Imperial.

Its size and appearance are exactly as we requested. It's wacky as hell, but perfect for Warzone in that sense. If you don't like it, perhaps change the turret. There will be an alternate 'mortar' turret coming out soon. The whole vehicle was pitched by me, based on some early French and Polish tankette designs.

We have a new website, based on feedback from people, but we are a small company so things are still being worked out. If you do spot anything unusual, just send me a PM or flag it up and we'll do what we can.
http://prodosgames.com

As for order turn-arounds, at the moment it is a wee bit slow due to selling a bit more than we thought we would at Salute, but the idea is to get orders shipped within a week or so of being ordered. If you have persistent issues, you can always email me at orders@warzonegame.com, or through the website, or through here, or on FB as many of you have me already.

As for stores, we have boxes for retail now (as many of you will have seen at Salute) and I am beginning to contact stores that are interested. If you have a local store, please flag them up to me or get them to email at rob.alderman@prodos.co.uk

I'll be doing some looking myself and I have some good links, but it always helps if the fans know where it should be.  :)

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 09:52:15 PM »
Yeah... I am working on making sure the starters are under their factions... ::)

So, the tankette, we love it. But heck, can't love everything you lot! :P

It's meant to be a design ripped off from Bauhaus, in the background of Mutant Chronicles, the Fieldhausens break away from Bauhaus and join Imperial. They design the Bauhaus bully, but this thing is actually based on blueprints they stole before leaving Bauhaus. It sort of 'proved' them to Imperial.

Its size and appearance are exactly as we requested. It's wacky as hell, but perfect for Warzone in that sense. If you don't like it, perhaps change the turret. There will be an alternate 'mortar' turret coming out soon. The whole vehicle was pitched by me, based on some early French and Polish tankette designs.

We have a new website, based on feedback from people, but we are a small company so things are still being worked out. If you do spot anything unusual, just send me a PM or flag it up and we'll do what we can.
http://prodosgames.com

As for order turn-arounds, at the moment it is a wee bit slow due to selling a bit more than we thought we would at Salute, but the idea is to get orders shipped within a week or so of being ordered. If you have persistent issues, you can always email me at orders@warzonegame.com, or through the website, or through here, or on FB as many of you have me already.

As for stores, we have boxes for retail now (as many of you will have seen at Salute) and I am beginning to contact stores that are interested. If you have a local store, please flag them up to me or get them to email at rob.alderman@prodos.co.uk

I'll be doing some looking myself and I have some good links, but it always helps if the fans know where it should be.  :)

Right of the bat the new website is MUCH better,if i had seen this website first i would have ordered plenty by now. much nicer to navigate and much more professional.i do quite like the tankette, its ridiculous, but it can afford to be what with being a warzone vehicle.i'd say that your new site is better than gw's new site.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 10:20:26 PM »
Very kind! I think ours still suffers a little with navigation and stuff is in some odd places. But I shan't say no to a pat on the back.  ;)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 08:13:47 AM »
The Necromower and the later bike with the steamroller spiked front wheel were equally stupid, but fit well with the overall tongue-in-cheek clichee-ish approach of the original MC/Warzone - and the tankette was drawn from the same mindset.

Mutant Chronicles wasn't meant to be 'hard' sci-fi, but 'techno-fantasy' with a horror twist.

I see what you mean about the credibility of the tank, but in the spirit of the above, I can easily see a swarm of these (flanked by Necromowers) heading an attack. It's all good fun.

My aversion towards many of the new sculpts is due to the - as I see it - attempt to change the feel of the universe into something more 'hard sci-fi'-ish, but I think that some of the old light-hearted silly clichee 'feel' has been put into the Imperials (which, incidentally has always been my favourite MegaCorp), and that they fit much better with my 'view' of the setting than, for instance, the new Capitol figs.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 01:28:29 PM »
saw the stuff in the flesh at Salute, that tankette is still horrible, undersized and just looks wrong. on the plus side the other stuff looked better than in online photos. If they'd not sold out of the Mishima starter packs or if they had their beautiful AVP stuff that was on display for sale then I'd have spent a lot with them.