Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:47:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: British Army LCP (Light Car Patrol) Ford Model T’s of WW1  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Von_miligan

• Assistant
    • Early War Miniatures -WW2
British Army LCP (Light Car Patrol) Ford Model T’s of WW1
« on: April 14, 2014, 04:13:27 PM »
British Army LCP (Light Car Patrol) Ford Model T’s.
British LCP units were based on the Ford Model T truck. Adapted and then used extensively in the Libyan, Egyptian deserts and latterly Palestine from 1915 to 1919. They carried out extensive mapping of the deserts , war operations, patrolling, observing and reporting back on enemy movements plus deep penetration raids.

These are the forerunners of the famous WW2 long range desert patrol groups, the WW1 LRDG. In World war one, these vehicles were the height of technology, being pushed way beyond the makers design specifications. Both the men and vehicles traversed and discovered part of the deserts previously never visited by motor vehicles. Famous raids including the capture of the head of the Libyan Sanuzi who, inspired by the Turkish Ottoman Empire to revolt and attack the British. Appearing out of nowhere in their battered Model T trucks, these men attacked and captured their king and took him back to Cairo to “re-consider“ his options!

The men, the vehicles were dressed to live and fight in these harsh conditions. As time went on, no two vehicles or crews looked the same. Each loaded and dressed to best face these extreme conditions. This offers the modeller a great licence to create unique looking models and crews.
The LCP kits come in 4 different types representing the majority of the Model T vehicles found in reference pictures. Each vehicle comes with drivers and crew, weapons and stowage options. To enhance the kits further there are accessory packs of additional crewman, a vehicle mounted Vickers machine gun and crewman plus additional stowage. There are multiple types and poses of crewman. Crewman with kits may vary. These included seated, kneeling, standing and open handed as well as men seated holding rifles or open handed for other weapons.
LCP Kit 1 features a fully loaded Model T LCP truck, 3 crewman, some stowage, Lewis gun on Pintal mount, and optional vehicle accessories like Rifle in Cavalry holster, doors, spare tyres, fuel can etc. This costs £9.50.

LCP kit 2 has a different bonnet configuration, external home made water condenser and windscreen. It too has 3 crewman, some stowage, Lewis gun on Pintal mount, and optional vehicle accessories like Rifle in Cavalry holster, spare tyres, fuel can etc. This costs £9.50.

LCP kit 3 has a heavily modified front end with bonnet removed, condenser mounted on bulkhead, plus 3 crewman, some stowage, Lewis gun on Pintal mount, and optional vehicle accessories like Rifle in Cavalry holster, spare tyres, fuel can etc. This costs £9.50.

LCP kit 4 is the total stripped out version of the model T. No mud guards, no running boards, modified rear stowage platform at rear, long range fuel tank fitted. This is the ultimate go anywhere LCP. It comes with stowage, stacked fuel cans, tent age, 3 crewman, tools, spare wheels, guns and other optional vehicle fittings. This costs £10.50.

LCP accessories include a vehicle mounted Vickers Machine gun, separate water can for cooling, ammo box’s, 2 gunners in relaxed poses, an officer observing with binoculars. This can be fitted to any of the LCP’s but it is a tight fit. This costs £3.00.

LCP accessory 2 is 3 additional dismounted crewman. 2 men with rifles, 1 firing, the other walking both wearing solar topee and 1908 pattern webbing. A 3rd man is prone, firing a Lewis gun in field service cap. This costs £2.00.

LCP set is all 4 models, plus all the accessories packs in a big set. I plan to make a special Vacuum formed plastic base for these at some point in the future as well. The entire sets which in all accessories packs would be £47.50 but as a set with the special vacuum formed base will be £45.00.

Additional stowage can also be purchased so you can really load these trucks up.
These will go well with our recently released range of “revolting Arabs” as well.
All kits come with instructions for building. These were designed by Tom Lobely and myself. Tom had the original concept and we made the vehicles and crew figures between us.
It’s a truly inspiring subject to either model or game with. I am sure these models can be put to use for other periods outside the deserts of WW1.
You can see more pictures and comments at our face book site at :
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.700612063319098.1073741870.585343228179316&type=3&uploaded=16#!/media/set/?set=a.700612063319098.1073741870.585343228179316&type=3
Now available on the EWM webstore at:
http://earlywarminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=366_385_472_475

Thanks for your interest and I look forward to hearing your comments,

Regards
Paul T@EWM
Owner/designer/creator of Early War Miniatures, 20mmZone, OTT WW1 ranges, EWM Scenic's.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: British Army LCP (Light Car Patrol) Ford Model T’s of WW1
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 04:30:29 PM »
Wonderful kits, what else is there to say...  :-*

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 07:15:17 PM »
I agree, wonderful kits. I was hoping they were 28mm, not least because of the price, but could not find anything on the post to say what scale. The shop page mentions a 20mm range of figures/models, so I think I will pass, shame. If you ever repea in 28mm I am interested.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 07:34:47 PM »
Bloody brilliant!
 :-* 8) :-*

These are making me think of resurrecting my Very British Apocalypse project as they are perfect for it.
 ::) ::)

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 12:58:59 AM »
Great looking figures.
Wish the guys were 28mm.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Beast of Bukhara

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 05:01:04 PM »
I had the privilege of a sneak preview of these last month and 28mm or no they are a blumin marvellous :-* :-* :-*