Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:49:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Argonor's previously limited LotR project(s)  (Read 48125 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Argonor's previously limited LotR project.
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2018, 04:50:24 PM »
I am finally going to do a little more work on the LotR front, albeit a rather dull task, for now.

I am going to twerk these second hand Rohirrim into something that can fit with my existing ones, without more work than absolutely necessary.

This to bring my archers up to full levy strength for SAGA.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Among other projects, some changes were made to these

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Albeit also intended for a SAGA warband, this is probably best posted here:

One Royal Guard ready for primer

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Been cleaning and basing a bunch of these, to get them off my prepping station and make space for some of my more recently started projects

I have enough of these for another unit for GoB, and I shall paint it as soon as I have finished Lea's SS&SS party, and my Broken Legions Argonauts (Greeks) warband (I think).

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Well, I still haven't put the final touches to the last member of Lea's warband (baad dad!), and my LotR stuff has been lying idle for quite a while, but with SAGA Age of Magic seemingly able to get some of my gaming buddies interested, it is about time to get my Rohan warband up to strength.

I think these will be ready for primer tomorrow, and then I can probably start painting Monday, as I have a God of Battles appointment Saturday, and the garden also needs some TLC.

I intend to add some riders to the warband, too, and then add some leaders and standards to the Royal Guards so they can be used as two units in GoB, for when I get enough Rohirrim on the table to actually field an army (in the meantime it will make them three points of Hearthguard instead of two, and I may pick up Warlords of Erehwon to play with forces sized between SAGA and Gob ).

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Nice always good to see rohirim getting some love. It's been crazy with generic fantasy rule releases this year it's hard not to paint everything.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Nice always good to see rohirim getting some love. It's been crazy with generic fantasy rule releases this year it's hard not to paint everything.

I have been using both SAGA 1 and God of Battles as 'generic' fantasy sets, so I am really pleased that the overall market seems to sway at bit in that direction, now. I really don't want to buy droves of new minis every time I find a ruleset I like, but prefer to re-purpose what I have already painted, and add bits and bobs to that to accommodate the new possibilities.

Played a game of God of Battles today, btw - haven't had time to process the photos just yet.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
I like those buildings!
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Looking good.  You also use your printer for non gaming purposes... I can imagine a lot of terrain builds but can't yet imagine household uses.  I'm sure I am being dense but what do you use it for around the house?
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Looking good.  You also use your printer for non gaming purposes... I can imagine a lot of terrain builds but can't yet imagine household uses.  I'm sure I am being dense but what do you use it for around the house?

Thanks!

I designed and printed some sewing machine thread spool holders for my wife, and am about to design and print an adaptor-thingy for a drainpipe to fit into the top of a pallet tank (for collecting and storing rain water). Round Christmas, I printed some decorative stuff (icicles and a some stylized 'christmas trees').

I am also going to print some drawers and fittings for turning empty filament spools into tower storage units.

For other purposes, I printed some dragon egg gift boxes for delivering the presents for a couple of confirmations we attended 1½ week ago, and I've also printed some coin stands for souvenir coins (mainly from France).

But, of course, I purchased the printer mainly for gaming purposes, for sure.  :)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 10:45:53 PM by Argonor »

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Ah.  I just lacked imagination. Probably due to my not having any clue how to create items to print.   lol

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Ah.  I just lacked imagination. Probably due to my not having any clue how to create items to print.   lol

I had no clue about that, either, but I simply got a free application and started playing around with it.  :)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
I am building a 250 points Moria Goblin hunting party for Age of Fantasy skirmish, and I wanted to get this old thing based to my current standards before the game (the Goblins are facing a Gondor patrol with Boromir and a Knight of Dol Amroth, so they need a little 'punch' to stand up to the task).

I have also repaired a couple of Gondor riders - the Captain was unseated, and the trooper's horse broke a leg when I accidentally toppled a box full of painted minis a couple of years ago. I applied the GW Assembly Handle to hold the horse in place while the Poly Cement did its magic on the leg.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 07:20:36 PM by Argonor »

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Played 250 pts. Age of Fantasy Skirmish today

AAR on the blog:
https://argonor-wargames.blogspot.com/2019/06/2019-06-06-age-of-fantasy-skirmish.html