Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:08:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686510
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: CLT40K's Modern Warfare Project  (Read 2216 times)

Offline CLT40K

• Bookworm
CLT40K's Modern Warfare Project
« on: May 04, 2014, 06:50:29 PM »
Hi, first post here...  I signed up because everytime I went looking for something related to modern warfare mini's I ended up on this site.

Looking

So, a couple weeks ago, I ordered 17 buildings from Gamecraft Miniatures' middle eastern range (http://store.gcmshop.com/)  I put them together to get a feel for how the board was gonna look...  I just need a few days to plaster and paint them.

I had experimented with doing the building construction myself, but I can't compete with the laser cut details that gamecraft offers...

I started this as a way to compliment my Warhammer 40K desert raiders, but I've been sort of down on 40K since the most recent edition's rule changes (and of course the constant price hikes)  So in looking for alternatives I decided to get into some historical wargaming....

Also in the set up for this project was the purchase of a bunch of minis...  Mostly Eureka with some Empress thrown in for the moderns and Perry Mini's for the WW2 models.

I have to say, I really like Eureka's 28mm Mujahideen... 

More to come...
-------------------------------------My 40K Blog:  For the Throne

Offline petercooman123

• Scientist
Re: CLT40K's Modern Warfare Project
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 07:01:12 PM »
Welcome!

Nice looking board already! And a great job on the kasrkin!

Offline CLT40K

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 05:27:02 AM »
So here are the first of the troops...

2REP - French Foreign Legion....  I suck at painting cammo... so I decided that I would sacrifice some authenticity for a cooler looking mini...

Insurgents - Since I'm batch painting these guys, I'll need to be mindful to change up the color schemes...

Finally some generic special ops guys... 

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 08:43:28 AM »
Hi, first post here...  I signed up because everytime I went looking for something related to modern warfare mini's I ended up on this site.

Our net is wide and we catch everyone eventually.  ;)

Welcome to the forum!  :)

Looks like you have got off to a flying start with the board though! As much as some historical gamers malign GW, their influence on getting people to make some fantastic terrain to play on can't be denied and certainly beats the 'cloth with a few books under it' that some of us remember from back in the day.

While there are a fair few sets of good WWII & Modern skirmish rules out there, there's nothing to stop you using your preferred edition of 40k as the basis for your modern games... you just need to work out the stat lines for vehicles and troops.

The guys on here are great though, so don't hesitate to ask for any advice or opinions... having said that you'll no doubt get them without asking.

;) 

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 09:42:10 AM »
Lovely, it's all going to look great when it's finished.

If I may, a note about the colour schemes, the shirt/trouser combination (shalwar kameez or pirhan tonban, depending on which local language you're after) that your Afghans are wearing should always, always match. They're worn (and sold) as a combined set).

Offline CLT40K

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 05:26:56 PM »
Lovely, it's all going to look great when it's finished.

If I may, a note about the colour schemes, the shirt/trouser combination (shalwar kameez or pirhan tonban, depending on which local language you're after) that your Afghans are wearing should always, always match. They're worn (and sold) as a combined set).

Sweet, thanks...