Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:41:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690585
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hello and introductions  (Read 2864 times)

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hello and introductions
« on: September 17, 2008, 08:56:28 PM »
May I present my calling card - Tony Harwood from Worcester, also known as Dampfpanzerwagon.

I long time lurker and thanks to Mark at HLBS, Birmingham a new member.

Regards

Tony
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: Hello and introductions
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 09:08:06 PM »
Welcome to probably the best forum in the world, from just a bit further down the M5.
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 09:13:48 PM »
As a fan of your excellent scratchbuilt Flash Gordon vehicles, I bid thee a hearty welcome, Sir!

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 09:55:10 PM »
Welcome!
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn.And the scabbard thrown away!' -Cry of the People by John G Neihardt.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 10:03:05 PM »
Well met!
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 10:55:02 PM »
Welcome!

I’ve take a look at your Blog, it’s a nice site that you got there! I really like your Flinloque’s big farm. :)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 10:52:38 AM »
To Westfalia Chris

Thank you for the comments.  Are you aware of the link to your models on my Blog - I had tried to contact you to ask your permision on another Yahoo/forum to use the photo and link, but maybe you have not seen my post.

I think your Perry Comet miniatures and background is fantastic. Well done.

In addition I have been asked with 'Dances with Words' (TMP) if I could get you to make contact with him as he want to discuss your miniature Ecco Loctos.

To make contact I suggest that you contact him direct via TMP.

Regards

Tony
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 12:44:24 PM »
Hello there. Is Worcester currently underwater? It seems to be becoming like Bangladesh in that respect these days. That'll teach you for oppressing Hereford for all those years.

Now I'm getting confused. These stock avatars seemed like a good idea at the time, but the only trouble is, when multiple people pick the same one I get rather confused. Some of the more popular ones have at least three users. Being rather dim I tend to recognise people by their avatars. I am sure I am going to become terribly muddled as to who is who and who said what.

But never mind, eh? It'll keep things interesting. Welcome, Tony.  :)
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 12:53:53 PM »
Hello there. Is Worcester currently underwater? It seems to be becoming like Bangladesh in that respect these days. That'll teach you for oppressing Hereford for all those years.

Now I'm getting confused. These stock avatars seemed like a good idea at the time, but the only trouble is, when multiple people pick the same one I get rather confused. Some of the more popular ones have at least three users. Being rather dim I tend to recognise people by their avatars. I am sure I am going to become terribly muddled as to who is who and who said what.

But never mind, eh? It'll keep things interesting. Welcome, Tony.  :)

I agree. There seem to be at least two Gandalfs (Gandalves?) which would have ben alright, I guess, if one was, you know, 'White' etc., but they ain't. Is these stock avatars should be flagged somehow as spoken for already. Otherwise I could easily start hurling insult or praise on the wrong guy. Alex, is it doable?

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 12:54:39 PM »
Welcome!

I have the same problem - that's why I've used a home-made one for quite some time  ;)

I think I'll have to make a new one, soon... myself wearing a fedora or a pith helmet, perhaps  lol

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 01:17:50 PM »
To Westfalia Chris

Thank you for the comments.  Are you aware of the link to your models on my Blog - I had tried to contact you to ask your permision on another Yahoo/forum to use the photo and link, but maybe you have not seen my post.

I think your Perry Comet miniatures and background is fantastic. Well done.

I´m honoured. :o I have to admit that I do not really read blogs on a regular basis, more or less checking in from time to time, so this had escaped my notice - making it all the more flattering now.

In addition I have been asked with 'Dances with Words' (TMP) if I could get you to make contact with him as he want to discuss your miniature Ecco Loctos.

To make contact I suggest that you contact him direct via TMP.

Ah yes, good old David. I really have to get back in touch with him - the mail managed to lose a package to him on its way overseas, sometime in 2005/6, and then the difficult year 2006-2007 made me forget to contact him. I´ll see to drop him a PM.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 02:37:58 PM »
Welcome. 8)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin