Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:18:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690496
  • Total Topics: 118334
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: IMPORTANT NOTICE: Rules change re: Crowdfunding topics (Kickstarter etc.)  (Read 6097 times)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Dear forum members,

following the ever-increasing influx of crowdfunding-related topics, we have found it necessary to expand and clarify the existing crowdfunding rule.

The full rules may be found here:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=46528.msg541077#msg541077

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them.

A short summary:

1. Anybody may post crowdfunding topics to inform forum members on new and potentially interesting projects on Kickstarter, Indiegogo and the like. If you are personally involved with the project, please make this clear in your opening post

2. You may only post crowdfunding topics on projects that are directly relevant to the wargaming and modelling hobbies.

3. There may only be a single topic on any crowdfunding project; subsequent topics may be removed without prior notice. If you want to post updates on a project, use the existing thread; remember that topic openers may change the topic title, so if you want to achieve higher visibility, change the topic title or ask the topic opener to change it.

4. All crowdfunding topics must feature at the beginning of their topic title an identifier tag, which consists of the used crowdfunding platform in angular brackets. So, if you want to post a topic on a Kickstarter project, your title must start with [KICKSTARTER].

5. A crowdfunding topic is to be posted in the most appropriate thematic board, e.g. Scifi topics go on Future Wars, Fantasy topics to Fantasy, etc. pp. If the project is not period-specific, such as gaming or modelling accessories, you should post it on the Commercial board.

If you have further questions, please post them in this thread and I will reply ASAP. I would also like to ask users who previously published crowdfunding topics to check on them (if they are still important, i.e. the project is either still funding or reached funding and is currently in the implementation phase) to see if the topic title needs changing - I will go through existing topics to bring them in line with the new format, but I may miss some. Also, if you spot existing topics that either need reformatting or are duplicates of older crowdfunding topics, please report them to the moderators so that we can clear up a bit.

Thanks for reading!

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
Is there any possibility of having a Crowdfunding tab in the Bazaar, using similar rules you posted here, ie one main post per project?  I'm interested in lots of stuff but might not catch it on the appropriate board.
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Is there any possibility of having a Crowdfunding tab in the Bazaar, using similar rules you posted here, ie one main post per project?  I'm interested in lots of stuff but might not catch it on the appropriate board.

We discussed the option of having all Crowdfunding topics grouped together in the Bazaar, but decided (by majority vote) that it would be more useful to have them on the topic-appropriate theme board - basically the other way round, in that there may be folks interested in thematic crowdfunding projects who do not visit the Bazaar section at all.

That said, when visiting the LAF, you can use the "Show unread posts since last visit" search to display the most recent updates, thus not missing new crowdfunding topics since your last visit.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Is it acceptable to use [KS] instead of [KICKSTARTER]? It can be hard to come up with a encompassing description for the thread title if a large part of the available characters are used for the label :)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Is it acceptable to use [KS] instead of [KICKSTARTER]? It can be hard to come up with a encompassing description for the thread title if a large part of the available characters are used for the label :)

81 Characters (67 net if you use the tag and a space) isn't enough for a topic title? Maybe consider it an exercise in brevity! ;) lol

Seriously, I am not inclined to allow any further cryptic abbreviations, since the whole change is mainly driven by a desire to improve clarity on boards.