Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:15:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689680
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Gloire  (Read 10790 times)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Gloire
« on: July 10, 2006, 01:59:36 PM »
Is this a new forum Professor? I don't recall seeing this last week.

And it's a good place to talk about the next game that Rattrap Productions will be putting out.

The game is called Gloire: Adventure in the Age of Kings. It is set during the period of the Three Musketeers. It will be based on the .45 Adventure rules design, but modified slightly to get the period feel. It will be an entirely seperate game from .45 Adventure and Gloire is the first of hopefully many releases for it.

Pete Murray is writing all the new bits and will be convention testing it at Historicon in two weeks. Kim Allman is working on cover and interior art for it.

Some time in August, I'll be setting up the website for it. And the rules should be available around the end of the year.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Gloire
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 02:03:25 PM »
Excellent !
And I have all the needful miniatures for it ! Tada !!!
Finally I have a good reason to paint them. They are Redoubt Musketeers plus all the fellas from that time. I can recomment those miniatures !
Good idea with that kind of rules. I will buy me one  :D

Björn
, ,

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Gloire
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 02:20:23 PM »
"sdeyoung" is the Prof.Hes :-)

Great news, Rich! I see you're a true adventurer :-) Looking forward to see the rules.

And in the meantime I need those Redoubt minis too...

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Gloire
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 02:34:47 PM »

:lol:

Offline Prof. Dietrich Hes

• Librarian
Gloire
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 03:40:34 PM »
Rich,
 thats why I suggested adding it to the forums.  Granted it also includes some pirate gaming as well, but since the impending release of Gloire is upon us, it couldnt hurt to add some tidbits here as well.

I'm hoping to get some of the things i have up in here today.  I have to finish a commision today, so that is slowing me down.

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
Gloire
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 05:22:16 PM »
What'd I miss? Am I late? Am I late?

Seriously, Gloire is coming along well, and the demo game I'll be putting on at Historicon uses *drumroll* Redoubt musketeers! I'll try to put some pictures up of the game board in development. The musketeers are off at Pictors Studio for painting, but should be here soon.

If you've got questions about Gloire--rules or whatever--I'd be glad to answer them, too!

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Gloire
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 05:54:47 PM »
Hi Pete,

welcome! I assume, we will find in the rules the profiles to play the Three Muskeeters and other Dumas characters? How about Zorro? Btw, do anyone know a 28mm Zorro? The size of the playable groups similar to .45, less then 10?

Alex

• Librarian
Gloire
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 06:30:01 PM »
Pete,
 welcome aboard.  You should post an image or two of your carrying box for the tavern. it came out real nice. I'm probably going to borrow the idea for mine as well.  I'll probably do a roudned top though that will open for the figures.

also since it hasnt been mentioned for the rules, here is a link to their yahoo group:  

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Gloire

there is some info in there, but I am sure once Historicon comes and goes, there will be more.

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
Gloire
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 07:54:38 PM »
Hello perfessers!

As far as Gloire and the profiles of the Four Musketeers and Zorro in the rulebook, I don't think there's been a firm decision on that. If they're not in the rulebook, I might write them up and distribute them as a pdf download for free.

Yes, the groups will be about the same size as the ones in .45 Adventures. There are some differences. Grade 3 and Grade 2 characters are about the same in Gloire as .45 Adventures, but the Gloire Grade 1s are equivalent to the half-grade models in .45 Adventures. This was at Rich's suggestion, and I think it's good. It gives you two levels of heroes and lots of cannon fodder!

I made a wooden case to carry the 2'x2' game board around. It has a large removable lid to protect the scenery on the board. Here are some photos:

Details of the corner joinery of the bottom frame which supports the playing surface.

A movie showing how it works: http://home.comcast.net/~pgmurray/MOV02661.MPG (8mb, 20sec)[/url]

Offline Mo

• Mad Scientist
    • Oddman Productions
Gloire
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 08:05:25 PM »
Pete, that is absolutely too cool!

When can you make me one?
Fantastic Worlds: Pulp Action in the Far Reaches of Space
http://oddmanproductions.com

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Gloire
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 08:07:24 PM »
the case is great, reminds me of my mammoth transport case:
http://www.witchhunter.net/gallery_norse_war_mammoth_07.html
my father has made it for me, i think he could make such a 2'x2' case too :-)

is there the rules for the mounted models? And how about the cardinal himself?

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
Gloire
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 08:39:57 PM »
Thanks! No, I'm not taking orders right now! It was enough to finish this one...

The mammoth case is much nicer than mine, with better finish and better construction--your father could build something better in less time.

Horses are definitely in the basic rulebook. There's even a "heroic horse" who can get his own abilities. There are a couple of character archetypes you could use for the cardinal, but again, I don't know if there will be any famous literary characters in the rulebook.

Offline black hat miniatures

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackhat.co.uk/
Gloire
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 09:22:41 PM »
Quote from: "Driscoles"

:lol:

I actually have a full set of the Redoubt stuff and they are painted! (well, almost all of them...).

I ran a Three Musketeers participation game at a convention a couple of years ago using my own rules based on En Garde!

Pictures here:

http://guildford-wargames.org.uk/info/?page_id=34&file=Shows/Valhalla%202004%20-%20Three%20Musketeers/

I'd like an excuse to use the figures again - I have built a complete Inn to use with them as well...
Mike Lewis

Black Hat Miniatures
www.blackhat.co.uk

• Librarian
Gloire
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 09:25:28 PM »
I'd imagine that having hte actual characters in the book might be a bit of a copyright infrigment, but having htem as a free download isnt.  

BTW, the heroic horse is a pretty good friend to have around.

Also the rules will be very adaptable for whatever character you want to make.  its just a matter of finding hte right archtype to make your character out of.  My tavern owner is using the "Executioner" archtype, as that fits him the best.  So for the cardinal you might want to use the "Man of the Cloth" archtype, or something else depending on how you want to create him

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Gloire
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 09:33:41 PM »
very good idea for the board case. I think i will steal this idea. :P
Maybe for two boards ???

Also nice pictures from the musketeers game.

A couple of years ago i saw pictures of a game with a skirmish in an Inn and a skirmish with a coach and Richellieu. Both were close to the 70`s Musketeers movie. After that I had to buy the Redoubt miniatures. I can really recommend them. They are very nice !

Björn