Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:55:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Figures for Caribbean conflicts during Napoleonic wars?  (Read 1294 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Anyone know of  a source for 15mm figures suitable for skirmish gaming conflicts in the Caribbean from the end of the Age of Piracy through to the Haitian Rebellion.
Particularly escaped slaves, Maroons and Haitian rebels.

Really I suppose the question is does anyone do in 15mm what Trent do in 28?

If not actual figures what are the "counts as" options, Mahdist Arabs or Indian Mutiny ranges? Are there "Darkest Africa" native askari types out there?

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: 15mm Figures for Caribbean conflicts during Napoleonic wars?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 01:32:19 AM »

Have you looked at the different Blue Moon 18mm ranges?
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 04:51:35 AM »
Can't recall name of the company but they also make 15 mm ships and have a number of 15 mm figures that will probably be of use.  If I can recall the name, I will post it here (unless someone beats me to it).  Also check out Minifigs for some options.  And check out Eureka Miniatures, a variety of options there.  Might not all be perfect matches but I think you will find figures 'close enough' to make it work.  Thoroughbred Miniatures - that was the one I couldn't remember!  I have a bunch of the Bluemoon pirates but they might be a bit larger than the others and quite a bit bigger than the Peter Pig pirate range which might also be of use. 

Offline vexillia

• Mad Scientist
    • Vexillia
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 08:04:29 AM »
I have limited stock of the Capitan 18 mm Napoleonic Naval crew figures that may fill a few gaps:

https://www.vexillia.com/capitan/shop15_naval.html

All on sale at 50% off.

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 04:31:08 PM »
I pondered a similar project in 15mm.  I considered Lancashire Games 15mm Vendeans, Peter Pig Pirates and Minifigs Pirates.  My thinking was that what clothes  the slaves  had would have been European in style.  I thought Pirates with cutlass could stand in for ex slaves with machete.

You can see pics of the 15mm Vendeans on this site if you do a search.

No one does an equivalent in 15mm of what Trent does.  I'd certainly buy some if they did.

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 04:49:58 PM »
Just realised I started to paint some.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 09:50:19 AM »
..... I considered Lancashire Games 15mm Vendeans.....

They look ideal, how do they size up amongst 15mm ranges?  The Lancashire Games selection being notorious for scale inconsistencies, those look to be quite stocky sculpts.

Thanks for the other ideas. Peter Pig and Essex are too small and Blue Moon too large to work with the 15mm (mainly Rebel Minis) Pirate set I plan to use as the core of this project but Minifigs and those Lancashire figures could work.

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 11:18:45 AM »
True 15mm Robh.  They will nicely fit with Essex, Peter Pig and Minifigs. 

Just to confuse things Lancashire have two Vendean ranges on 15mm and one 18mm.  You will find the 15mm range in the archived ranges section of their website. Currently they have a Sale on.

Good luck with the project.

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 07:14:00 PM »
Years ago, a company named Two Dragons (possibly now owned by Caliver?) did British Revolutionary/Consular War figures in 15mm; Chariot Miniatures do, or did, a Parisian "sans culottes" mob; and Minifigs do a French Revolutionary range with British and French in bicorne, as well as pirates and civlians in their Renaissance range.  Khurusan also do some 1798 Irish Rebellion figures that would be perfect as well-dressed armed and unarmed civilians.

If you can disguise/remove the more modern weaponry, look at some of the late 19th Century Spanish/Cuban ranges for peasantry etc.
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 12:41:11 PM »
Eureka landing parties of sailors and royal marines perhaps?