Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685058
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for a few good Zombies and survivors!  (Read 5767 times)

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
    • http://ironworkersminiatures.blogspot.com/
Looking for a few good Zombies and survivors!
« on: July 18, 2008, 05:35:23 PM »
I'm looking to set up a modern zombie game and I'm looking for a few specific things.

This will be a small game set in a small town Muddy Creek (population 532).  I've got a start on some of these guys.  I'm just the kind of crazy to try and do the whole dange town too or at least most of them.    

Zombies:

Zombie Dogs:  Any size or type and a couple packs worth 10-20.

Zombie Football players:  American style.  A whole team would be good and some cheerleaders too.  Big tough zombies wearing their equipment.  Not a problem for guns but not easy for people armed with lesser weapons.  

ACW Zombies:  There was a reenactment going on in town. 10-20  

Military Zombies:  Someone called in the National Guard.  Too bad most of them are now armored and shambling around town undead with guns.  In their rage addled state they won't hit much but I wouldn't want to find out first hand.   1-20.

Everyone esle:  Just everyone else men women kids.  Undeal folks.  Need em cheap and would like to have at least a couple hundered.  

Survivors:

Survivalist family:  Dad, Mom, Jr., Sis, and their pitbull.  All armed with military grade weapons lots of ammo and lots of rounds.  They also have plan for all ocassions.  Problem is they don't share well with others, like at all, and there are only four of the and their dog.

National Guard Survivors:  Four or five troops and their Humvee.  Yeah they got armor and good weapons but they don't know anyone else or where anything is.  Not to mention their mission is to help these people.  

A group of hunters:  6-10 folks with some basic hunting guns and some hunting dogs.  They are good shots but their guns don't hold a lot of ammo and they don't carry all that much out with them to begin with.    

Bikers:  A biker gang hopefully with a few bikes.  They all have at least a handgun stashed somewhere and perhaps a few shotguns.  They are mobile but have few friends in town and they were just passing through anyway.  

High school students out camping:  6-8 kids.  They drug an old AK and a shotgun along with them to do some plinking but they don't have a lot of ammo.  "Wolverines!"

Civil War reenactors:  These guys camped away from the others in the "Hardcore" campground.  10-12 guys with their muskets.  Slow loading but they will usually take a Zombie out with one shot.

Survivor NPCs.

Some helpless victoms:  Some people just get lucky but even those who appear helpless might be of some use or have some bit of information that would prove usefull.  

Some solos:  Crazed shop keepers who arn't gonna let anyone loot their store.  The crazed vet having flashbacks.  People who are armed and able but have chose to go it alone.        

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
Re: Looking for a few good Zombies and survivors!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 05:44:18 PM »
I would suggest Copplestone for the National Guard, as they do Zombie Troopers, Cold War for the generic civillian zombies, and a couple of packs of the Golgo Island Zeds from ERM, and the new Perry plastic ACW for both Re-enactors and their undead counterparts.

Some of the more specific ones I can't really help with, but have alook round all the above webshops, I'm sure there will be something that takes your fancy. But possibly not in the numbers required without serious conversion skills.

Oh, and Westwind have some nice Hunter/Solos in their Roadkill range. Think you can get them from Old Glory stateside.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 07:49:09 PM »

Zombies:

Zombie Football players:  American style.  

Player and cheerleader from Cold war miniatures

If you could go WWII re-inactment then Westwind (SOTR) would be a good call. Nazi zombies etc... or just go for a civil war historical miniature and head swops with the westwind zombie heads.

Military Zombies:  Someone called in the National Guard.  

Copplestone castings, GW plastics once converted a bit, TAG with headswops, (westwind)
Everyone esle:  Just everyone else men women kids.  Undeal folks.  Need em cheap and would like to have at least a couple hundered.  

Some civies from Black Hat minatures, old glory etc....

Survivors:

Survivalist family:  Dad, Mom, Jr., Sis, and their pitbull.  All armed with military grade weapons lots of ammo and lots of rounds.  They also have plan for all ocassions.  Problem is they don't share well with others, like at all, and there are only four of the and their dog.

Hasslefree, EM4, Copplestone, alpha forge.

National Guard Survivors:  Four or five troops and their Humvee.  Yeah they got armor and good weapons but they don't know anyone else or where anything is.  Not to mention their mission is to help these people.  

TAG: nice NBC wearing troopers, delta or rangers.

A group of hunters:  6-10 folks with some basic hunting guns and some hunting dogs.  They are good shots but their guns don't hold a lot of ammo and they don't carry all that much out with them to begin with.  

Westwind (road kill range), alphaforge, hasslefree, copplestone, em4

Bikers:  A biker gang hopefully with a few bikes.  They all have at least a handgun stashed somewhere and perhaps a few shotguns.  They are mobile but have few friends in town and they were just passing through anyway.  

Westwind (road kill range), copplestone, em4

High school students out camping:  6-8 kids.  They drug an old AK and a shotgun along with them to do some plinking but they don't have a lot of ammo.  "Wolverines!"

hasslefree, copplestone etc...

Civil War reenactors:  These guys camped away from the others in the "Hardcore" campground.  10-12 guys with their muskets.  Slow loading but they will usually take a Zombie out with one shot.

Survivor NPCs.

Some helpless victoms:  Some people just get lucky but even those who appear helpless might be of some use or have some bit of information that would prove usefull.  

Old glory, Black hat miniatures

Some solos:  Crazed shop keepers who arn't gonna let anyone loot their store.  The crazed vet having flashbacks.  People who are armed and able but have chose to go it alone.        

Hasslefree

Hope this helps.

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 11:31:20 PM »
In addition to those already mentioned, Rafm has some nice modern zombies:
http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RAF&Product_Code=RAF02822&Category_Code=RAF

(I particularly like the crossing guard).  Plus the modern day heroes can provide some of your survivors, including a selection of Elvii, SWAT Teams, mercenaries, and one certain Burt "it's all in the reflexes" Jackson : http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RAF&Category_Code=RAF

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 05:49:40 AM »
My god zombies are all over the place you should have no trouble filling your town.  Cold war Zombie stuff are nice but smaller than some they fit nice with Hasslefree (which is one of the Best Companies out there both to deal and the figures) and they have a nice Cheerleader and great zombie hunters including children. Griffin miniature are also very nice chunkier that most.  Any ACW figures can be used (Perry’s new plastics would be nice and easy to rework into Zombies) Coppelstone and EM4 have nice NBC troopers I posted some on my blog.  Zombiesmith (also very cool to deal with) has a really nice selection of the undead.  Westwind has the good old boy hunters in the road kill section as well as others.  Lance and laser have a nice looking hazmat crew although I have not seen it in person.  There is a company that makes a survivor family and I think it has a dog too but I can't think of it right now.  Good luck
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 08:36:22 AM »
Wow, Vyper, there's help and then, there's above and beyond the call of duty.  Well done, that man.
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 09:21:18 AM »
In addition to those already mentioned, Rafm has some nice modern zombies:
http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RAF&Product_Code=RAF02822&Category_Code=RAF

(I particularly like the crossing guard).  Plus the modern day heroes can provide some of your survivors, including a selection of Elvii, SWAT Teams, mercenaries, and one certain Burt "it's all in the reflexes" Jackson : http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RAF&Category_Code=RAF

The Rafm zeds are a bit on the big side passable but only when in a large horde.  If you want a crossing guard (which is better IMHO) the one from the griffin zeds and survivors pack is great.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »
Wow, Vyper, there's help and then, there's above and beyond the call of duty.  Well done, that man.

Not difficult when you've zeds on the brain.....

BRAINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

;)

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 03:28:13 PM »
Survivalist family:  Dad, Mom, Jr., Sis, and their pitbull.  All armed with military grade weapons lots of ammo and lots of rounds.  They also have plan for all ocassions.  Problem is they don't share well with others, like at all, and there are only four of the and their dog.

Found this blog on TMP it has the survivor family with dog from Ground zero games that I was thinking of it should fit your needs
http://www.freewebs.com/rossinthewastes/

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.recreationalconflict.com
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 05:12:14 PM »
Just keep in mind that GZG figs are true 25s and tend to be much smaller than most other figures.

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring. For my next set of zombies I'm going to see if Brian can do zombie dobermans and german shepards. I dunno how well he sculpts animals, but we haven't been let down yet.

"Cold war Zombie stuff are nice but smaller than some they fit nice with Hasslefree"

I was just looking at Cold War and Zombie Smith the other day. Our figures matched up pretty well to the Hasslefree figures I've got. (all two of them) If both of those lines match up to Hasslefree and our guys we might have to start carrying them all at Recreationa Conflict. :)
Recreational Conflict: www.recreationalconflict.com

Jibbery style oinkery which don't make no damn sense.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 07:41:14 PM »
And Crocodile Games has two packs

http://www.crocodilegames.com/secure/list_items.asp?CatID=35&SubID=48&pageHeading=Items%20-%20Miniatures%20-%20Other

and one more should be added in August (I think - I'm waiting for the next one to order all 3)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 08:08:18 AM by Argonor »
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Luckyjoe

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »
You could try some Heroclix or Horrorclix. They need repainting and re-basing but they're easy to convert and crazy cheap on e-bay. Pappa Midnight and some others have done some very nice jobs with them, and I think there is a spot on Steve Dean's site where he redoes them as well. I've got about 75 survivors and zombies I'm starting to work on. I especially like the SWAT minis.

Luckyjoe

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 12:07:34 PM »
For cool bikers (no bikes, though) see:

http://www.obeliskminiatures.com/

28 mm range, Gangstars, GA005

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
    • http://ironworkersminiatures.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 01:53:23 PM »
thanks guys!  Lots of good leads here. 

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 06:21:53 PM »
Not much to add than that I'm planning to use the Westwind nazi zombies as Red Shadows as in the 1980's Action Force toys.

Dogs: Mega Miniatures ebay-store has a pack of dogs, easily converted I think.

Prince August sells the old Warzone figs that has the undead Legionnaries, one pack even Copplestone's.

Bolt Action has brilliant WW2 Harley Davidsons.
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++