Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:41:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686438
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 758
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: SAGA Fantasy Skirmish - Update. pics of Dwarves vs Benbow's Barbarians 06.14  (Read 9041 times)

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
Lovely looking game and figures.  :D

I hope Mr. Copplestone gets a move on with his not-Romans..
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Decided to post this as new thread instead of continuing where it was on the 15mm fantasy thread as i believe that a lot of wargamers only need to see "15mm" in the title and they pass it over instead of having a look and seeing what is possible in smaller scales.

I never pass something over because of scale, but only recently I have begun contemplating doing some stuff in smaller scales. My main reason for staying away from smaller scales is the fact that I own lots of terrain for 28mm (and a ton of minis to go with it).

We have a growing 15mm God of Battles community in Denmark, though, and I just received the rulebook today - and when I was flipping throught it, I actually had the thought: 'Why not do SAGA in 15mm, too?'. I do use SAGA for 28mm fantasy (LotR), and intend to play GoB with LotR figs, too - BUT - as both the Dark Age and generic Fantasy are genres I don't own minis enough for to build armies, and haven't got excessive amounts of scenery for, if I'm going to game those, I can just as well build/buy 15mm terrain pieces and save a lot of time and money  :D

So stuff like this is actually just kerosene on cinders  ;)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline mikeygees

• Scientist
Wow, stunning....

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
I hope Mr. Copplestone gets a move on with his not-Romans..

Has he hinted at doing some? Would be a nice addition to the range!

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
He has, but with all things Copplestone, it may be a bit of a wait...  ::)

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
 Great looking game,figures and terrain too.

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
Really outstanding. Great painting, but I think it's the terrain that is the real highlight. What size table is that? Do you play the standard scenarios or homemade ones? I'm a 15mm Saga player too, so nice to see someone else doing it. Your stuff certainly puts mine in the shade, though. Lovely!

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
What size table is that? Do you play the standard scenarios or homemade ones? I'm a 15mm Saga player too, so nice to see someone else doing it.
Thanks. The table is 120cm x 120cm (4ft x 4ft) and SAGA works pretty good without changing any 28mm measurements. The only real difference is that with smaller bases on 15mm figures the whole unit is nearly always in "very short" distance of the melee and can fight.
I must admit i hardly play the scenarios in any rules and just try to build an interesting table with balanced forces.
laf medals by Robert  (steam flunky), auf Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/sets/

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
Ok, that's interesting - we normally halve all distances, but the table does end up feeling pretty small. I do like the way this looks like an expansive battlefield.

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
Nice pics, Rob! Must work on new forces soon ...  :)