Forum > Medieval Adventures

Makers of resin Dark Age buildings

(1/17) > >>

Captain Blood:
So I'm starting to think about Dark Ages terrain, and specifically buildings...

By which I mean the stereotypical thatched hut / hovel / house / hall commonly associated with Saxon / Viking type cultures...

I want to be able to make up a village - so half a dozen assorted buildings, great and small. Plus pigpens etc...

I've taken a look at:

Grand Manner - extensive range, although in an assortment of different styles and cultures. And very expensive, even though he seems to have currently discounted his prices by 25%

Stronghold Terrain, and am very taken with them - but the range is very small, only three different buildings, and the overwhelming impression is 'Teddy Bear Fur'. But they are in contention.

Adrian's Walls - quite a new outfit, I think, who do a nice range of ready painted Dark Age buildings in exactly the right style. The only problem is, I'm not that keen on the paint job they come with, and not sure I want to pay a premium for ready-coloured buildings, when I don't like the colours. But they are in contention too...

I could make my own - wouldn't be too difficult, but not sure I can be bothered.

I detest the 2-D, printed look of MDF buildings, so please don't suggest those.

Apart from that, I'd be very interested in any other ideas, suggestions, testamonials or recommendations. (We might even create a sticky, if we can get an exhaustive list).

Thank you  :)

LeadAsbestos:
I'm in exactly the same position, ready to get some terrain on the table to go w/ the near-complete forces I've (finally!) gotten together. Cost is an important factor, so I'm doing some MDF, but I'll be watching this space.

Too Bo Coo:
I like Acheson Creations.  Nice buildings, pretty cheap and well, they work great!

von Lucky:
Curteys Miniatures has a small range:
http://curteysminiatures.co.uk/product-category/dark-ageearly-medieval-buildings-and-civilains/

rumacara:
Gripping Beast has some lovely buildings in resin.
Hovels to but on the 25mm size.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version