Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:53:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Makers of resin Dark Age buildings  (Read 140752 times)

Offline KimAllman

• Student
  • Cathago delenda est!
    • The Art of Kim Allman
Re: Makers of resin Dark Age buildings
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2017, 02:12:49 AM »
If not already mentioned Acheson Designs have done a new range of Medieval buildings that really more Dark Ages in nature. They also finished a successful Kickstarter for the buildings. I picked up quiet a few at Historicon and did the Kickstarter so I am set for my Dark Ages games for having a village that needs defending/sacking.  :D
History does not repeat itself, but it does rhyme. - Mark Twain

Offline Richard in Sachsen

• Scientist
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2018, 06:28:55 AM »
FYI

Grand Manner is changing its business model. Raw resin models will no longer be available but painted ones will be. Orders for raw resin go until the end of the month, Jan 31st 2018.
You go to war with the figures you have, not the figures you wish you had!

Offline stevthom

• Lurker
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2021, 06:46:31 PM »
Hi i know this is a fairly old thread, but does anyone know if the Saxon Miniatures Dark Age building molds for casting in plaster are still available after Warlord Games bought up their figure range ? Saw them featured in the Shield Wall supplement for Hail Ceaser and they looked really nice.

Failing that does anyone have a set they'd like to sell to me ?

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2021, 06:48:50 PM »
Hi i know this is a fairly old thread, but does anyone know if the Saxon Miniatures Dark Age building molds for casting in plaster are still available after Warlord Games bought up their figure range ? Saw them featured in the Shield Wall supplement for Hail Ceaser and they looked really nice.

Failing that does anyone have a set they'd like to sell to me ?

I had not idea!! I would be very interested to know if they are available too!  :)

Offline Gonzo100100

• Bookworm
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2023, 11:26:15 PM »
I believe it’s a right topic to refresh rather than creating a new thread (I hope)

Some time ago I spent quite some time searching for STL files (to print out myself) for thatched huts that would be accurate for England/Normandy in early Middle Ages (900-1100AD) I found only a handful of candidates that I could actually print but nothing as good as those presented in the thread’s first post (Those made by Grand Manner / Stronghold Terrain / Adrian’s Walls). There is muuuuultitude of fantasy huts available to print but I simply can’t accept them in my historical project.

So, if you know of any good models of thatched huts, I could buy STL files, please send me the link.

Offline ffrum

• Librarian
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2023, 08:25:20 PM »
From some time ago (2018) the Printable Scenery, Country and King line of STL buildings exist.  These run from castle structures to fam fields, walls, farm buildings, city/town buildings, King's Gate and Tower, etc.  This is a large line of structures, scenery and some figures for printing.  I found them on ETSY as printed versions from several vendors.

Look at the Country and King buildings.  "Realistic 3D Printable European Buildings for Table Top games from the Middle Ages through to the 20th Century for Wargames and D&D" 

This Norman Period building line had a kickstarter shown at:
https://www .kickstarter.com/projects/printablescenery/king-and-country

Despite all logic I have obtained many of them and I feel they are very nice.  I have even made modifications to a few successfully.

They are available printed on ETSY from several vendors/printers.  I like Dungeon Artifacts for price, service, print quality and responsiveness.