Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:58:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689483
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 28MM Egyptian Archeological Dig (update: additional vehicles)  (Read 18299 times)

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Re: 28MM Egyptian Archeological Dig
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2014, 07:48:47 PM »
Todd, when you look at the Our Ranges section on the Foundry site, you will find them in the last column on the far right under Casting Room Miniatures.  Richard

Thanks, I was completely unaware of that range. There's some good stuff mixed in with some real anatomical oddities.  ??? o_o

Really cool project, quite inspiring.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2014, 04:28:36 PM »
Dr, thanks for taking the time to write and for the very generous words.  You are absolutely right about the ups and downs of Foundry's Egyptian Adventure line, but there are some interesting and unique items in that collection.  Richard

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2014, 04:55:45 PM »
Todd, when you look at the Our Ranges section on the Foundry site, you will find them in the last column on the far right under Casting Room Miniatures.  Richard

Ahhh, now that helped. THANKS!  :D

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2014, 04:21:16 AM »
You're welcome. 

Offline Monstrum

• Assistant
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2014, 07:48:03 AM »
amazing   :-*
"When I die bury me upside down, so the world can kiss my ass."

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2014, 05:54:04 PM »
that Egyptian line is killer!  Love tye mummy stuff.  You just need a third and forth standing then advancing mummy!  FFL is great too!
"They seek him here, they seek him... There he is!"

former user

« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2014, 07:28:54 PM »
you should also check out the Reaper line of egypt themed stuff

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2014, 09:59:06 PM »
gary42 and former user, let me first thank both of you for taking the time to write.  As to needing more mummies for a larger army, I must admit to the fact that I have many more painted mummies than are shown in the gallery.  The simple fact is that it takes hours to put these table layouts together, and I just get tired around hour number three and things get left out.  As to Reaper, I completely agree that they have great stuff, but I have to say that I used a lot of their figures in this gallery.  In pics 11 and 13 there are Reaper merchants.  The scarab beetle swarms and victim in pics 86 and 87 are Reaper.  The sarcophagus and a lot of the treasure pieces shown in pics 92-97 are Reaper.  The Horus statues in pics 98 and 99 are Reaper.  I think that the female mummy in pic 101 is Reaper.  The seated mummy king (one of my favorite pieces) is Reaper as is the Bastet statue in pics 104-106.  And the mummy guards in pic 107 are Reaper.  Lots of good Reaper stuff available and I used a lot of it.  In fact, many of the mummies that I mentioned above that I failed to include in the gallery are Reaper as well.  One of the things that made this collection so much fun to do is the fact that there is a lot of great stuff from a lot of manufacturers to select from.  It was a great experience.   

former user

« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2014, 05:00:01 AM »
holy moly - I just realised that I missed the finished temple stuff - wow, this is the epitome of ancient egypt on a a tabletop...

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2014, 03:11:47 PM »
former user, I'm glad you had a chance to take a second look and enjoyed seeing the full gallery.  It is a big one.  Richard

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2014, 09:38:15 PM »
Thanks for the link to the Foundry stuff Richard. Some of those look quite useful!  :D

-Todd

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2014, 04:31:23 AM »
Todd, you're welcome.  Let me add that former user's post has made me realize that viewers don't always go beyond the sample pictures posted and check the full gallery.  With that in mind, let me say that when I post my galleries  on my website I also post a write-up that outlines what manufacturers I used in terms of figurers and terrain and what went into the construction of the items that I've built/scratch built for the project.  I love it when people take the time to check out the full gallery and write-up, and I hope that what they see and read helps them with a project they are working on.  Richard

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2014, 02:15:38 PM »
oh...my...god
what else is there to say. AMAZING!

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2014, 01:13:01 AM »
Pete, thanks for the "omg" and "AMAZING"… always wonderful to hear/read!  Richard

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 28MM Egyptian Archeological Dig (update: additional vehicles)
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2014, 01:31:40 AM »
Because I featured vehicles from Atlantis the Lost Empire in my Pulp Egyptian collection, I’ve decided to share a few more of those vehicles that I’ve picked up since the Egyptian Gallery was photographed.  On the Saturday morning of the day we photographed the Pulp Egyptian Gallery, I went to the swap meet and to my great joy I found the truck that is part of the AQUA EVAC Action Set.  It’s a hard item to find.  While it was not a complete set or complete truck, it was all that I wanted in that its cab, wheels and undercarriage were all in perfect shape.  All that was missing in terms of the truck was the rear cargo bed, and I scratch built that using Evergreen plastic.  Great little truck, and it cost me only $1.  The driver is from the Dixon Gangster collection.  Two weeks ago at the swap meet I picked up another Command Car (shown in pic 48 of the gallery).  It was missing a few pieces but fortunately the pieces that were missing were ones I would have removed anyway.  That also cost me $1, and I’ll be doing a slightly different modification of it when time permits.  In addition to the Command Car, that day I found several of the Happy Meal Dr. Sweet Tanker Trucks (comes in two parts/tractor and tank) and two of the Audrey in Oiler Trucks.  I got all of the Happy Meal vehicles for 50 cents each.   The Happy Meal vehicles are not as detailed as those sold in the Disney shops, and they come with extremely oversized figures, but other than the oversized figures, they are scaled perfectly with the other Atlantis trucks and the oversized figures are not difficult to remove.  Below I’ve provided some pictures of these recent swap meet finds.