Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:53:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690526
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Argonor's God of Battles Project(s) - Full Undead Army on page 12  (Read 38213 times)

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Re: Argonor's God of Battles Project(s)
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 03:07:45 AM »
Great looking scenario, with your wonderfully painted minis! Are you all set for Horisont yet?

Jevenkah

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Argonor's God of Battles Project(s) // Undead Chariot
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 04:35:59 PM »
Great looking scenario, with your wonderfully painted minis! Are you all set for Horisont yet?

Jevenkah

The sand is drying on the last piece of baggage I'm going to get done (a large inter-war trunk, but, hey, it's Fantasy!).

I readied THIS today:

and the sand is also drying on the seconnd one's base (I'm going to bring a 24 pts Lords of Undeath army for interested parties to try out, too).

I need to edit, print, and laminate some rosters for the Dwarves and the Undead, but otherwise, yes, I'm good to go!  lol
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 05:51:40 PM »
FANTASTIC! The Charioteer doing the Celtic standing-on-the-horses routine is an inspired touch. VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Argonor's God of Battles Project(s) // AAR Part 2
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 06:14:03 PM »
FANTASTIC! The Charioteer doing the Celtic standing-on-the-horses routine is an inspired touch. VERY WELL DONE!

Not my doing, alas!

The model was already constructed (and painted) when I bought it almost 20 years ago - but It wasn't based, and it had come apart being rattled about during moves, cleaning, and so forth...

The 2nd part of The Battle of Amon Thorongil has been uploaded to my blog; teaser piccie here:

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Argonor's God of Battles Project(s) // Undead Chariot #2
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2014, 09:44:37 AM »
Got this one repaired and based.

More pics on the blog.

I now have a full 24 pts Lords of Undeath army that I'll bring along to Horisont as an alternative to one of our LotR armies.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Argonor's God of Battles Project(s) // AAR Part 3
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2014, 11:36:00 AM »
Part 3 of the GoB LotR AAR is now up on my blog (http://argonor-wargames.blogspot.dk/)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Argonor's God of Battles Project(s) // AAR Parts 4 and 5
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 07:50:05 PM »
Parts 4 and 5 now posted on the blog:

http://argonor-wargames.blogspot.dk/

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Argonor's God of Battles Project(s) // New Project and AAR Part 6
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2014, 08:53:58 PM »
I am planning a new LotR-army for God of Battles (Hint: 'They have a Cave Troll!!'):

And Part & of the test Game AAR is on the blog as well!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2014, 09:56:34 AM »
The full AAR of the test game is now online.

Furthermore pics from the first evening at Horisont VI are also to be found, now:

http://argonor-wargames.blogspot.dk/

Teaser:

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2014, 02:51:45 PM »
It looks like you had a blast at Horisont...couldn't happen to a nicer Guy The Pardulon Post Apocalypse board was/is unbelievably cool. AND of course a SPLENDID job on your Battle Report. ENTERTAINING STUFF all around!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2014, 06:25:40 PM »
Thank you, and, yes, Horisont is a blast of a convention; very recommendable if someone plans to spend some time in Denmark, anyway (I guess it's a bit much to travel from abroad for a single weekend of gaming mayhem) - we do have some interesting sights to offer here and there, too (I'm living almost next door to one of Northern Europes largest water castles, Egeskov).

I think the event may take place in another than the 3rd weekend of November if the organizers decide to use the same premises as this year - we coudn't stay all Sunday, because Odense Drum Majorettes always have their Christmas event there on that paticular Sunday...   ::)

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2014, 09:26:18 PM »
Very nice pics. :) Stuff like this is why I'm trying not to perma-base my own fantasy minis.

And I love your stove. :D

Offline guitarheroandy

• Mad Scientist
    • Andy's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2014, 11:28:54 PM »
Great stuff!! I have the GoB rules and, although I haven't played with them yet, the mechanisms look as though they will work really well. They look as though they could be a really fun set for Middle-earth type encounters. Did you do much alteration to army lists to make your LoTR forces?

I have been looking at the two Elf factions in the game and neither quite does what my vision of a Tolkien Elf army ought to do (obviously removing all the weird sea creatures from the Sea Elf list and just looking at the Elves themselves... )
The Orcs could probably do as they are (those are the two forces I would be setting up games with)

I almost feel like I want to create a Tolkien-esque Elf list by taking the appropriate bits from both GoB Elf factions... I was thinking City Guard and Royal Guard from the Quithnilian lists to represent standard and slightly elite Elf infantry, plus Marines from the Sea Elf list to represent armoured archers, with Seekers from the Sea Elf list to represent Elf rangers. They could draw heroes from both lists - the Sea Elf hero could be a typical Elrond-esque figure while the less armoured Revenant from the Quithnilian list could be a ranger hero (perhaps add a shoot value or allow him to add shooting dice to the Ranger unit he accompanies?) They could also take eagles from the Quithnilian list... The miracles could be lifted straight from either and just renamed (e.g. Might of the Valar rather than Kei's Might...)

Anyway, that's as far as I have got at the moment, but it's giving me food  for thought and, along with the inspiration from your adventures with GoB, has made me drag out the Middle earth figures and get a few into the painting queue again!  :D

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2014, 02:06:55 PM »
Very nice pics. :) Stuff like this is why I'm trying not to perma-base my own fantasy minis.

And I love your stove. :D

Yes, keep your minis based for multi-purpose at all costs!

I'm not quite sure which stove you're referring to? The one currently attached to the chimney is the old one that is going to be replaced by a newer, more efficient type.

Great stuff!! I have the GoB rules and, although I haven't played with them yet, the mechanisms look as though they will work really well. They look as though they could be a really fun set for Middle-earth type encounters. Did you do much alteration to army lists to make your LoTR forces?

No, I really just re-named units from the Mercenary list (Dwarf Swashbucklers and Swashbuckler Gunners for the Minas Tirith units, Half Elf Warriors and Half Elf Scouts for the Fiefdom units), and Duregar used the Norse Dwarf list.

I have been looking at the two Elf factions in the game and neither quite does what my vision of a Tolkien Elf army ought to do (obviously removing all the weird sea creatures from the Sea Elf list and just looking at the Elves themselves... )

If you want some creatures of Middle-Earth, just rename some of the entries.

The Orcs could probably do as they are (those are the two forces I would be setting up games with)

The Orc list is great, but I miss a unit of War Orcs with Pikes (Uruk-Hai Pikemen). I'll have to harass Jake Thornton on that one   >:D

I almost feel like I want to create a Tolkien-esque Elf list by taking the appropriate bits from both GoB Elf factions... I was thinking City Guard and Royal Guard from the Quithnilian lists to represent standard and slightly elite Elf infantry, plus Marines from the Sea Elf list to represent armoured archers, with Seekers from the Sea Elf list to represent Elf rangers. They could draw heroes from both lists - the Sea Elf hero could be a typical Elrond-esque figure while the less armoured Revenant from the Quithnilian list could be a ranger hero (perhaps add a shoot value or allow him to add shooting dice to the Ranger unit he accompanies?) They could also take eagles from the Quithnilian list... The miracles could be lifted straight from either and just renamed (e.g. Might of the Valar rather than Kei's Might...)

I think you're on the right track - as long as it fits the theme, I see no reason at all, not to use units from separate armies - and remember, you can always use 1/3 of your Main Force points on Allies  ;)

Anyway, that's as far as I have got at the moment, but it's giving me food  for thought and, along with the inspiration from your adventures with GoB, has made me drag out the Middle earth figures and get a few into the painting queue again!  :D

Just get dug in, there, we need to see more LotR-stuff, and far more GoB AARs!!  :)

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2014, 05:11:08 PM »

The Orc list is great, but I miss a unit of War Orcs with Pikes (Uruk-Hai Pikemen). I'll have to harass Jake Thornton on that one   >:D

I think you're on the right track - as long as it fits the theme, I see no reason at all, not to use units from separate armies - and remember, you can always use 1/3 of your Main Force points on Allies  ;)

As you say, just take Merc ally pikeman. Relatively easily done.