Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:28:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warzone Resurrection AAR, Bauhaus vs. Bauhaus  (Read 2391 times)

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
Warzone Resurrection AAR, Bauhaus vs. Bauhaus
« on: July 13, 2014, 08:51:40 PM »
Just posted the AAR for the game of Warzone Resurrection we played yesterday:

http://dhcwargamesblog.wordpress.com/2014/07/13/warzone-ressurection-bauhaus-vs-bauhaus/

Enjoy,

Burkhard

And here are the usual pre-view pictures (more clickable pictures on the blog):

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
Re: Warzone Resurrection AAR, Bauhaus vs. Bauhaus
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:35:52 AM »
Great battle report, and I have to say a fantastic table with some lovely painting on display.  Love the weathering on the bikes  :-*

How are you finding the game?  A couple of us are thinking about it - we have the rules download, but how vital are the cards to the game?  I have enough sci-fi minis to proxy to begin with, but the Warzone models are lovely...

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 12:11:21 PM »
Thank you!

So far I am liking the game! When I pledged i thought "well if I do not like them, I can always go back to the 2nd Ed.", but so far they are good. There are a few rings i feel are a little rough or too strong, but not too much so. Regarding the cards. Well for a Standard game you do not need them, just for the advanced one (unless yo know someone who has the text for all cards, so you could proxy them). The cards are the one thing I am still undecided about. The right card on the wrong unit can ruin a players whole turn. Given that you only draw so few cards, this adds a huge element of luck to the game. That being said, so far I saw far fewer played (both by myself and my opponents) than I had expected, so the effect has been minimal.
What does concern me (in the advanced game) are the resource cards you need to "turn to burn" the other cards or perform special actions. These only come from your Warlord and your Squad Leaders (in charge of the basic troop types). this seems to lead to (i) the idea "how can I get the most cards" which in turn leads to very similar forces and (ii) the prime tactic of "hunt down the Warlord as fast as possible" since he grants the most cards. This might turn boring after a while, but if you play with a good fun group of players this should not be a problem either!

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 01:59:06 PM »
Thanks for the info Burkhard - now you've REALLY got me interested!

Cheers,

Derek

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 05:31:47 PM »
I do find myself looking at this game more and more. Great battle report. :)

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 07:36:46 PM »
Thanks! Glad if I can tempt you!  >:D

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 07:38:19 PM »
I'm confused about the Vulcan suit. Wasn't that the one, that didn't make the cut (even though it's massively cool)?
Too many projects... not enough time...

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 08:59:01 PM »
I can understand your confusion. Prodos did an original deign during the Kickstarter. People felt it was too small for a Vulkan, so they redesigned it. But they felt the first design was too cool so they created a new unit that was essentially infantry in powerarmour and called them Juggernauts. But it gets even more confusing, since both have already been redesigned after the KS based on production experience.
Personally I like the first Juggernaut design better and am happy that i have six of them. On the other hand, the new Vulkan looks better, but since I already have five, I am going to stick with the old design... Especially since I have already grown fond of it!

Did this help or are you even more confused now?  o_o

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 06:03:25 PM »
It all seems so clear now.  :D

Thanks.  :)