Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:15:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689497
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pictures of Old Glory's WWII French Infantry?  (Read 4344 times)

former user

Re: Pictures of Old Glory's WWII French Infantry?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 09:50:26 AM »
I use Crusader french too, I will post some comparison pics later, but they are more naturally built and less strong reliefed than Artizan or even Empress (or other Paul Hicks sculpts).
The main issue is the head proportion, and while I do not bother much if it fits the miniature well, other people might not like it. The helmeted heads however are a different thing, the helmets are well sculpted and might balance out proportion issues.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 03:34:47 PM »
I'm surprised the Crusader miniatures fit with larger ones as they look a little stubby to me. But I guess pictures would tell?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 04:02:39 PM »
I'm surprised the Crusader miniatures fit with larger ones as they look a little stubby to me. But I guess pictures would tell?

If you check my blog on Dice of Legends, I have shots of my French - Crusader, Black Tree and Warlord as well as Battle Honors. To me they match up very well and once mixed in units they look fine on the table.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

former user

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 05:03:18 PM »
I think it might be the time to compile a sticky thread about resoorces for the french army of the first half of the 20th century, what do You think?

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 06:52:15 PM »
yeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssss  ;)

Dans les situations critiques, quand on parle avec un calibre bien en pogne, personne ne conteste plus. Y'a des statistiques là-dessus.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 09:51:45 PM »
If you check my blog on Dice of Legends, I have shots of my French - Crusader, Black Tree and Warlord as well as Battle Honors. To me they match up very well and once mixed in units they look fine on the table.

That actually makes me think they're smaller. Warlord are nearly a full head shorter than Copplestone/Artizan and have very obviously smaller kit.

I think it might be the time to compile a sticky thread about resoorces for the french army of the first half of the 20th century, what do You think?

That would be nice!  :D

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 01:33:31 AM »
That actually makes me think they're smaller. Warlord are nearly a full head shorter than Copplestone/Artizan and have very obviously smaller kit.

That would be nice!  :D

That may be so with Copplestone or Artizan, I only have the above named in my collection, even the small variance is fine as if you look around people are all different heights from 4' something to 6'+ so to me that is more real as not everyone is the same height, build and looks like a Space Marine of uniform height...

former user

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 05:51:02 AM »
people are all different heights from 4' something to 6'+ so to me that is more real as not everyone is the same height,

Yes, we had that
it is basically about the different sculpting styles, mirrored in the body proportions, that can vary wildly; not so much about the actual size difference. Also, even if equipment can vary and was issued in different sizes, there is not that much variation in industrialized production. An army is different from a gang of Old West outlaws.

Anyway, here some comparison pics, first one a deliberate convolute,
from L to R - Artizan WW2, Renegade WW1 with headswap, Woodbine, Old Glory CIC, Crusader, Artizan renegade, Foundry
the second a hodgepodge actually designed to be a unit
as You can see, I am fine with even the ones that pop the large heads, Foundry, Renegade and the resin headswap in heroic 28 from Kromlech.

As to the resource sticky, given the interperiod nature of the collection, where do we put it? Interwar or Pulp?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 05:55:37 AM by bedwyr »

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 03:52:04 AM »
It has applicability to Pulp, but it does seem like more of a military resource to me. I'd say Interwar?

former user

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2014, 08:24:22 AM »
have to ask the mod first