Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:27:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) S.D.Z.A. - Super-Hero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Miniatures  (Read 140870 times)

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
Re: (Commercial) S.D.Z.A. - Super-Hero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Miniatures
« Reply #645 on: September 04, 2016, 11:45:55 AM »
You posted that last tease just as I posted; they are cool!

Things are looking healthy enough to "Unlock" very soon indeed!

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #646 on: September 04, 2016, 11:54:30 AM »
Right, sorry this took so long - but there were so many great entries, and the winning entry was not just based on whether its a great idea or not, but also how it might "fit" into the SDZA Universe (an important one that, because as well as being produced as a miniature the winning entry will get rules and profiles too).

AFTER MUCH talking, PM'ing, chatting (almost arguing) we've FINALLY come to a decision!

And the winner is David Thomas with "The Day After Today Kids"

With Honourable Mentions for ~

John Blake "SteelFlank" (because it amused me so much)

Kieron Mulholland "The C Team" (because its a quality Mash-Up)

Carl is going to make a start on the Renders soon so expect the "The Day After Today Kids" to be up for pre-order as part of the Next SDZA "Retro Booster"

As for the "Honourable Mentions" don't worry, I'll sort you out with a little something to for your efforts.

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #647 on: September 06, 2016, 07:28:55 PM »

The Red Sector Crew do the most dangerous and hazardous jobs in the SDZA Universe, but when it gets too dangerous for even THEM to handle. The send in their N.O.R.M. Unit (Networking Offline ROM Module) often cheering "NORRRRM" whenever he enters the Room (or more often as like Bar) to liase with them about their next Job.

(The Face and "Gabby Griller" will be cast Separate so you can customize your N.O.R.M. Units as you wish).

Brilliantly sculpted by Carl Stoelzel

And remember, if you don't "Boost" I can't unlock stuff ;)

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
« Reply #648 on: September 07, 2016, 03:39:10 AM »

The Red Sector Crew do the most dangerous and hazardous jobs in the SDZA Universe, but when it gets too dangerous for even THEM to handle. The send in their N.O.R.M. Unit (Networking Offline ROM Module) often cheering "NORRRRM" whenever he enters the Room (or more often as like Bar) to liase with them about their next Job.

(The Face and "Gabby Griller" will be cast Separate so you can customize your N.O.R.M. Units as you wish).

Brilliantly sculpted by Carl Stoelzel

And remember, if you don't "Boost" I can't unlock stuff ;)

admit tingly biased but I Lovett!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #649 on: September 07, 2016, 11:25:30 AM »
Midway Boost Number Two - Red Sector Cleanup Crew II

Comprising of Barry's Holographic Aunt Petunia, and the N.O.R.M. Unit.

You know its going to be a bad day at Work, when your Holographic Aunty is sent to help you and she brings your childhood favourite penguin puppet to "cheer you up".

(The Face and "Gabby Griller" are cast Separate so you can customize your N.O.R.M. Units as you wish).

Both Models sculpted by Carl Stoelzel.

Pre-Order Price £8.25  (RRP £9.50)

https://nexus-miniatures.ecwid.com/#!/Red-Sector-Cleanup-Crew-II-N-O-R-M-&-Aunt-Petunia/p/71232437/category=15426785

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #650 on: September 07, 2016, 08:32:40 PM »
Craig Cloister, rather ineffectual Red Sector "Cleaner" often said "The best thing I ever did in my life was getting Krissy-K to go out with me", that is until the day she dumped him.

Krissy-K is everything Cloister is not (smart, educated - and washes regularly), and way out of his league - still Cloister has spent the last few years trying to win her back, and (no doubt) will keep trying.

(Another to share tomorrow, and he's a big surprise - I hope)

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #651 on: September 08, 2016, 01:59:59 AM »
Barry Arnold was not a "liked" man, even amongst his fellow "Cleaners" - when he got killed on duty, there were groans and moans when H.H. (Hard Holo) Technology was used to bring him back rather than just recruiting someone new.

When Barry's "death" experience failed to change him for the better, the usual happened and a copy was taken - the resulting H.H. recruit was braver, more handsome, and way more dynamic than the original - and Barry "Wildfire" Arnold was born.

Wildfire is so brave and talented, he generally operates on his own - which suits the original Barry, as he hates Wildfire's guts - often referring to him as s**g head behind his back . . . .

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #652 on: September 08, 2016, 01:51:34 PM »
Red Sector Cleanup Crew III - Wildfire & Krissy-K

Barry Arnold was not a "liked" man, even amongst his fellow "Cleaners" - when he got killed on duty, there were groans and moans when H.H. (Hard Holo) Technology was used to bring him back rather than just recruiting someone new.

When Barry's "death" experience failed to change him for the better, the usual happened and a copy was taken - the resulting H.H. recruit was braver, more handsome, and way more dynamic than the original - and Barry "Wildfire" Arnold was born.

Wildfire is so brave and talented, he generally operates on his own - which suits Barry, as he hates his guts - often referring to him as s**g head behind his back . . . .

Craig Cloister, rather ineffectual Red Sector "Cleaner" often said "The best thing I ever did in my life was getting Krissy-K to go out with me", that is until the day she dumped him.

Krissy-K is everything Cloister is not (smart, educated - and washes regularly), and way out of his league - still Cloister has spent the last few years trying to win her back, and (no doubt) will keep trying.

Both Models wonderfully sculpted by Carl Stoelzel.

Pre-Order Price £8.25 (RRP £9.50)

https://nexus-miniatures.ecwid.com/#!/Red-Sector-Cleanup-Crew-III-Wildfire-&-Kitty-K/p/71273788/category=15426785

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #653 on: September 08, 2016, 09:02:43 PM »
Red Sector Cleanup Crew IV - Rocky & Birdie

Rocky was demanded, so we brought him forward for you - AND on top of that, ANOTHER Special Edition Splutter Bot!

No all "Cleaners" are created equal, when Felix was affected by the RDS Virus he gained cat-like traits - enhanced smell, cat-like reflexes, night vision - the lot.

When Felix's Cousin Rocky was affected by the RDS Virus, he mutated into . . . a Dork . . . .

Sometimes Splutter-Bots go a little strange, generally eccentric - but "Birdie" as he came to be known, became downright offensive - regularly giving people the finger who p**s him off!

Birdie is strictly limited edition - only 60 will be made, and only 30 will be available for sale as part of the Retro-Booster. The remaining miniatures will be kept for shows or as prizes later on.

Both Models wickedly sculpted by Carl Stoelzel.

Retro-Booster Price £8.50 (No RRP for the Pair, as only Rocky will be available to purchase after the Retro-Booster ends)

https://nexus-miniatures.ecwid.com/#!/Red-Sector-Cleanup-Crew-IV-Rocky-&-Birdie/p/71348507/category=15426785

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #654 on: September 09, 2016, 09:30:37 AM »
One of the newer things we're trying is the "EZ-Build" system, rather than separate arms and weapons (which, lets face it are a pain to assemble at 28mm scale - especially in metal) we opted for separate torsos, legs, and heads only. It still gives a large amount of variation for each model with rotation and the fact different torsos can be used on different legs - but isn't a pain in the ass to do (like when the arm sticks to your fingers rather than the model LoL)

So our Minions (or Grunts if you prefer) with be cast in this Manner.

Here you see the Troops of the Villainous Machine Empire, they hail from the far future in the S.D.Z.A. Universe and the Machine God of the Empire  - in typical terminator fashion - has started sending its Human Slave Troops back in time to ensure the Machine Empire comes to be (assuming the heroes of the "Future Force" don't stop them).

All this is on target to unlock VERY Soon!

So Stay Tuned!

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #655 on: September 09, 2016, 10:33:04 AM »
Any chance of  a Retro-Booster bundle for Krissy, Wildfire, Rocky & Birdie?
Or a bundle of Krissy, Wildfire & Rocky?

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #656 on: September 09, 2016, 10:50:00 AM »
Any chance of  a Retro-Booster bundle for Krissy, Wildfire, Rocky & Birdie?
Or a bundle of Krissy, Wildfire & Rocky?

Not really, they're already at a discounted price vs final RRP - I'm not pushing for profit here, just to get them cast.

Pricings based on achieving that goal.

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #657 on: September 09, 2016, 11:26:37 AM »
When the Machine God decided to use all his might to ensure his Dystopian Future was safe by "tampering" with the Time Line, the Future Initiative (the Super-Powered Guardians of Mankind) assembled a special force, who travelled back in Time using their Time-Glider to keep the future from descending into a Machine Ruled Hell.

"Future Force" as the call themselves comprises of Five young adults with enough powers and technology to keep the future from happening - "Saving the Future, From Itself"!

Sculpted by my Cray-Cray Friend Carl Stoelzel!

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
« Reply #658 on: September 09, 2016, 02:36:33 PM »
The world needs the Future Force now! OK maybe just me 8)

-A
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #659 on: September 09, 2016, 03:25:42 PM »
The world needs the Future Force now! OK maybe just me 8)

-A

I think most do - and, the Villains (Troopers and Leaders) will be up for pre-orders at the same time