Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:08:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) S.D.Z.A. - Super-Hero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Miniatures  (Read 140876 times)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
I have now received an e-mail explaining all the difficulties encountered so far, thanks Drew. Apparently I wasn't on the e-mail update list. Happy to wait for production now as there are plenty more miniatures in the catalogue that I would like. I hope all goes well here on in.

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
Re: (Commercial) S.D.Z.A. - Super-Hero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Miniatures
« Reply #721 on: September 04, 2017, 03:28:12 PM »
So what's happening with the Red Sector Clean-Up Crew then?

Any update?

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
« Reply #722 on: September 04, 2017, 05:34:26 PM »
A timely reminder. I too would appreciate an update!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #723 on: September 05, 2017, 08:26:38 AM »
There doesn't seem to be any updates on the Facebook page.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline The_Baron

• Librarian
« Reply #724 on: September 05, 2017, 12:19:57 PM »
Yes an update would be appreciated also

My Blog: http://returntologansworld.blogspot.com.au/
Empire of the Dead, Strange Aeons, Old-School Fantasy and Rogue Trader, 15mm ATZ

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #725 on: September 05, 2017, 12:57:07 PM »
So what's happening with the Red Sector Clean-Up Crew then?

Any update?

I got this in response to an email I sent.

"I apologise for it being an inordinate amount of time, but we are really close now.

The money has been paid out to the Sculptor, the 3D Printer (twice), and now the Caster - not to mention legal fees over the C&D order. And just to assure you we aren't trying anything on, no one gets rich charging just £4-ish a miniature these days I can tell you.

These have been actual real world problems - what with the Cease and Desist order over the (Not) Red Dwarf Miniatures and the Wifes surgery (and my own stays in Hospital - don't worry, scare over now - just another scan to make sure in a couple of weeks time), not to mention being let down/ripped off by a 3D Printing service. I have to agree it has been a silly amount of time.

Things ARE now with the Caster (the reason why they've been removed from the webstore - no more pre-orders or addons, as we got ecwid to "reset" it all for us), with the conventional sculpts being Cast up first, then the (Not) Dwarfers (there was reticence on behalf of the Caster there, but as no more will be sold he finally relented and agreed to cast them as private commission).

I must point out, the (Not) Dwarfers will never be available again - and Grant/Naylor productions have assured me they actually have no interest in licensing wargaming miniatures either. So other than people who've purchased multiple purchases for the purpose of scalping their spares on ebay, thats all she wrote. Likewise with the Future Force (BotP) part of the range, they are proving problematic to cast up - so they are likely to change for any future production, when the initial production run 'runs out' they will no longer be available in the current form.

Some of the range (like the Strangers) WILL be expanded upon, adding more characters and alternate "cosplay" poses of the Kids.

It won't be much longer now I assure you - any further releases (and trust me, theres a backlog of sculpts that I obviously wouldnt even think of releasing till these were done and dusted) will be in smaller "bite sized" releases - easy to managed when/if things go wrong (and trust me THINGS WENT WRONG).

Smaller more controlable releases in the future I am afraid - its the only way forward."

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #726 on: September 05, 2017, 01:04:31 PM »
Same response to me.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #727 on: September 13, 2017, 12:42:42 PM »
Nearly 12 months on now. Still waiting but its not a kickstarter lol

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #728 on: September 13, 2017, 05:17:15 PM »
Nearly 12 months on now. Still waiting but its not a kickstarter lol

Indeed! ;)
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline The_Baron

• Librarian
« Reply #729 on: October 01, 2017, 01:07:29 PM »
Hmm still no update, and I'm certain there were posts from 2017 which have now disappeared from the blog. I wonder how production is going?

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #730 on: October 05, 2017, 05:40:33 PM »
Hmm still no update, and I'm certain there were posts from 2017 which have now disappeared from the blog. I wonder how production is going?

I suspect it will be a while yet before some get minis they pledged for.

Drew/Nexus made play on running something that wouldn't be late because it is not a Kickstarter. Kickstarters are not always late, and they are not late because they are Kickstarters - those that are late are often due to unanticipated problems, even happy ones such as over-funding success.

Either way, I imagine Drew/Nexus has now realised that crowd funding is not the issue, it is production etc. where problems lie. However, the lack of information seems quite telling. The last Nexus Facebook page (not group) update was June 7th with relation to production, which suggested 6-8 weeks for delivery which seems to have been missed. Interestingly there was a comment on a Nexus Facebook post 3 days ago by someone commenting on the wait and there has yet to be an answer.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:47:20 PM by leonmallett »

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
« Reply #731 on: October 05, 2017, 05:55:31 PM »
Take this as you wish: I messaged him directly on FB at the beginning of August and I got a response quickly. He said the first wave is at the casters and he was prepping an announcement/pictures. Apparently the plan is to cast/release things in waves. Conventional Sculpts - First, Red Sector - Second, Future Force - Third and Everything else - Fourth. But as you know nothing has been posted in the 2 months since that response.

-A
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #732 on: October 14, 2017, 12:52:22 PM »
Take this as you wish: I messaged him directly on FB at the beginning of August and I got a response quickly. He said the first wave is at the casters and he was prepping an announcement/pictures. Apparently the plan is to cast/release things in waves. Conventional Sculpts - First, Red Sector - Second, Future Force - Third and Everything else - Fourth. But as you know nothing has been posted in the 2 months since that response.

-A

He stated on June 7th:
6-8 weeks now at the outside before we start fulfilling the Red Sector Deals

That statement re: Red Sector essentially went into August, which is around the time you contacted Nexus I guess?

Customers could receive stuff next week, maybe next month, or it could be much longer. I have my suspicions that those third and fourth waves may not make it this year, but my guess may be way wide, just a hunch I have.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #733 on: October 21, 2017, 06:23:50 PM »
Dug this out for irony:

IT'S ALIVE!
We've decided to make the Sharp Distinction Retro-Booster much more simple, with a set range of Miniatures to pre-order over a slightly longer period of time - with no Unlocks to stretch for.

All the items here are up for Pre-Order as part of the latest "Retro-Booster" Promotion, estimated Shipping is the first quarter 2017 (so again much faster than a Kickstarter).

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #734 on: October 21, 2017, 06:26:47 PM »
On the Nexus Facebook page a guy asked about his pre-order and was told he was getting an update via email; as a follow on I asked if all pre-orders were getting an individual update email (since Nexus have not been updating their page with concrete information about pre-orders in recent) and after I did that, the post those comments were attached to was quickly deleted.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 05:24:25 PM by leonmallett »