Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:23:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686460
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) S.D.Z.A. - Super-Hero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Miniatures  (Read 140864 times)

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
Re: (Commercial) S.D.Z.A. - Superhero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Miniatures
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2014, 08:56:31 PM »
Wow! :o

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2014, 09:37:23 PM »
Thanks they are truly awesome figs to paint.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2014, 06:23:51 AM »
Managed to catch the lead dealer at source at the Derby World Wargame show on Saturday.

I also got some new shiny toys

Lovely little sculpts got them cleaned up ready for basing and paint :D

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2014, 10:57:31 AM »
People who know me, should always come and talk to me - who knows what I have "on me" LoL

You Snooze, You Lose!

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2014, 03:58:40 PM »
Managed to catch the lead dealer at source at the Derby World Wargame show on Saturday.

I also got some new shiny toys

Lovely little sculpts got them cleaned up ready for basing and paint :D

Shiny!
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2014, 03:58:15 AM »
Just wanted to post up my first painted Nexus figures.  They were a joy to paint!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2014, 11:07:54 AM »
AWESOME SAUCE!

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2014, 08:51:38 PM »
Great looking agents. I really like there bases  ;)

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2014, 10:32:20 PM »
Thanks both.  Again, JOY to paint.

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2014, 12:49:15 PM »
Time for a Monday Teaser! These are the "Concepts" for the Rangers drawn by (and to be sculpted by) Martin Buck  - even though there are only two in the Picture, there will actually be three Miniatures available initially - a second Right Handed Male in a firing Pose.

The history of the Organization that became known as the D-Rangers (or Dinosaur-Rangers to give them their full title) began pretty much before that day in 1983 when the Dino-S**t first hit the fan.

Originally the "Rangers" (as they were dubbed back in the old days) were the Staff at the first Dino-Parks - and their membership comprised of the regular Staff, Veterinarians, Paleontologists, Experienced Zoo Keepers, and Animal Behaviour experts hired to work at and maintain the Dino-Parks - when the chaos erupted and the Dinosaurs started roaming wild and free - the remaining government hired those many of the original Rangers to help monitor, subdue, and even capture escaped and wild Dinosaurs in an attempt to control the situation - though their modern Duties and Responsibilities are greater today - as the D-Rangers often Deal with Carrion Outbreaks and Rogue Mutts as well.

Over time huge areas of land were allocated to keep the Dinosaurs contained - there was too much to learn from them, too much benefit from them being around (medicines, food, leather, fertilizer etc) to simply go on a wholesale killing spree, even after the army recovered from the initial chaos of those early days - it was decided that the Rangers would be "in charge" in all Dino matters - "policing" those areas, and would have the last word over capture or destroy.

Years later, the D-Rangers (or just Rangers as they are more commonly referred to) job pretty much remains the same - but recruits now go through a rigorous Training Regimen on how to deal with Dinosaurs of all Types, Mutts, Carrion, and even Civilian Activists.

Being a Ranger is considered to be one of the Toughest jobs on the planet, as these brave Men and Women regularly risk their lives for Civilians and Dinosaurs alike - if there's a Dino problem, the D-Rangers are the ones called in to sort it; and wherever possible, the Dino's in question are caught and impounded - but sadly, it is common in the case of Carnivores that the animal has to be put down - often aggressively.

Though the D-Rangers have access to the best equipment and vehicles, more often than not they prefer to ride specially trained horses - for two reasons. Most Carnivores cannot resist horse flesh, so a lot of the time its the Rangers mount that gets attacked not the Ranger him (or her) self. Secondly, a lot of Herbivores are easily "spooked" by the sound of motor-vehicles - and are much calmer when the Rangers are mounted on horseback. More recently they have been seen riding the "Jet-Stream Motorcycles" - created by Varian Blackwood and produced by VB Technologies. The Jetsreams (as they are commonly called) are almost totally silent, merely giving of a slight hum or faint whine.

The dress code of such a loose organization is (as you could imagine) fairly free-style, in the USA they commonly wear suede jackets sporting their Ranger emblem and many wear Stetsons. In Britain, they again suede jackets - but some British teams also wear colour coded (red, green, blue, yellow etc.) Helmets so each member of a team may be easily identified during a conflict or roundup – the Brit’s helmets often have custom paint schemes and sport dinosaur designs.

No matter where Rangers patrol, what part of the world - or what mounts the ride. They all wear the same emblem, and have the same Motto - Humanitas Colimus (Humanity We Serve). So, whether you live in luxury inside a Cities Walls, or live the Humble life of a Shanty Dweller - remember the Brave men and women of the Rangers who help keep you safe.

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2014, 12:51:30 PM »
Awesome!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2014, 01:06:54 PM »
PACK II is already "on the cards" and will contain a Lass, with two Head Options - and an Older "Officer" also with two Head Options . . . . ..

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2014, 01:12:23 PM »
Love em!  :D

Offline Marauderman

• Librarian
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2014, 01:14:59 PM »
The Drawing of the D-Rangers, reminds me a little of the original look of the human pilots from the original Battlestar Galactica TV series fro the late 70s-80s. If these miniatures turn out like the drawing they could also have some other uses, in other sci-fi games.
 Now if you can also get some of the old style Cylons also designed you could have a Superhero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Robot Miniatures Game.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:38:21 PM by Marauderman »

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2014, 01:39:16 PM »