Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:32:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) S.D.Z.A. - Super-Hero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Miniatures  (Read 140890 times)

Offline Viruz

• Scientist
    • The Metal Magic Forum is closed
Re: (Commercial) S.D.Z.A. - Superhero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Miniatures
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2014, 08:17:21 AM »
I love the new miniatures    :-*
and am looking forward to buy the figures in metal.  :D
Greetings....
I buy old Spacelords Miniatures from Hobby Products !
- Cybertech, Bunkerbreaker, Yoyodyne, Sarday´kin, Phagon -

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2014, 08:56:48 PM »
Today for S.D.Z.A. a further look at those who "fight back" against the System - against the City-State Governments, or Corporations like Uni-Tech and Jorōgumo Industries.

These "Rebels" are often just disgruntled about some policy or interference by an official body that has an impact on them in some-way - but more often than not, they are private Citizens with a serious "Axe to Grind".

These two guys were crafted for me by Sculptor Martin Buck - two average joes, willing to stand up for whats right.

The First Guy, who is a keen Amateur Video Enthusiast - has turned his hobby into a powerful tool to share information about the evil and the corrupt - he comes with the usual Separate Head, for ease of conversion - and is equipped with a Modern Subsonic Blaster and also comes with a Video Camera Arm too!

The second guy is much more grass roots - rough and ready with the more conventional 'tough guy' Sub Machine Gun.

Between them, alongside their brothers and sisters in the fight - they struggle against Corporate and Political Injustice around the world.

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2014, 11:04:10 PM »
That camera man is useful to me.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2014, 12:58:03 PM »
Really like the Uni-tech and rebels.  :D

No idea what I'd use them for though..  ::)
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2014, 12:24:33 AM »
No idea what I'd use them for though..  ::)

S.D.Z.A?

Other than that, it's a real puzzler . . . . .

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2014, 07:20:55 PM »
The history of the Organization that became known as the D-Rangers (or Dinosaur-Rangers to give them their full title) began pretty much before that day in 1983 when the Dino-S**t first hit the fan.

Originally the "Rangers" (as they were dubbed back in the old days) were the Staff at the first Dino-Parks - and their membership comprised of the regular Staff, Veterinarians, Paleontologists, Experienced Zoo Keepers, and Animal Behaviour experts hired to work at and maintain the Dino-Parks - when the chaos erupted and the Dinosaurs started roaming wild and free - the remaining government hired those many of the original Rangers to help monitor, control, and even capture escaped and wild Dinosaurs in an attempt to control the situation - though their modern Duties and Responsibilities are greater today - as the D-Rangers often Deal with Carrion Outbreaks and Rogue Mutts as well.

Over time huge areas of land were allocated to keep the Dinosaurs contained - there was too much to learn from them, too much benefit from them being around (medicines, food, leather, fertilizer etc) to simply go on a wholesale killing spree, even after the army recovered from the initial chaos of those early days - it was decided that the Rangers would be "in charge" in all Dino matters - "policing" those areas, and would have the last word over capture or destroy.

Years later, the D-Rangers (or just Rangers as they are commonly referred to) job pretty much remains the same - but recruits now go through a rigorous Training Regimen on how to deal with Dinosaurs of all Types, Mutts, Carrion, and even Civilian Activists.

Being a Ranger is considered to be one of the Toughest jobs on the planet, as these brave Men and Women regularly risk their lives for Civilians and Dinosaurs alike - if there's a Dino problem, the D-Rangers are the ones called in to sort it; and wherever possible, the Dino's in question are caught and impounded - but sadly, it is common in the case of Carnivores that the animal has to be put down - often aggressively.

Though the D-Rangers have access to the best equipment and vehicles, more often than not they prefer to ride specially trained horses - for two reasons. Most Carnivores cannot resist horse flesh, so a lot of the time its the Rangers mount that gets attacked not the Ranger him (or her) self. Secondly, a lot of Herbivores are easily "spooked" by the sound of motor-vehicles - and are much calmer when the Rangers are mounted on horseback. When they do use Vehicles, they are seen riding the "Jet-Stream Motorcycles" - created by Varian Blackwood and produced by VB Technologies. The Jetsreams (as they are commonly called) are almost totally silent, merely giving of a slight hum or faint whine.

The dress code of such a loose organization is (as you could imagine) fairly free-style, in the USA they commonly wear suede jackets - generally in browns and beiges, sporting their Ranger emblem -some even wear Stetsons. In Britain, they again suede jackets - generally black or dark Grey - and some British teams also wear colour coded (red, green, blue, yellow etc.) Helmets so each member of a team may be easily identified during a conflict or roundup – the Brit’s helmets often have custom paint schemes and sport dinosaur designs.

No matter where Rangers patrol, what part of the world - or what mounts the ride. They all wear the same emblem, and have the same Motto - Humanitas Colimus (Humanity We Serve). So, whether you live in luxury inside a Cities Walls, or live the Humble life of a Shanty Dweller - remember the Brave men and women of the Rangers who help keep you safe.

Concept Art and Sculpts by Martin Buck (thanks again Martin)

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2014, 08:22:47 PM »
I admire the amount of effort in getting the background and design "right". It's all half a generation before my time (so I don'y really appreciate it - but older folk ;) might). I really feel like it's a television show made around 1975 and I'm watching the repeats in the 1980s.

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2014, 09:29:11 PM »
Well done, Martin.  You're a star, Buck.

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2014, 09:33:58 PM »
I admire the amount of effort in getting the background and design "right". It's all half a generation before my time (so I don'y really appreciate it - but older folk ;) might). I really feel like it's a television show made around 1975 and I'm watching the repeats in the 1980s.

Awwww, thanks VL - it is indeed a labour of love for me.

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2014, 11:57:17 PM »
By the lords of Kobol.  Those are so necessary to my collection.  Beautiful and the alternate heads are a must.
This is my boomstick!

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2014, 12:08:49 AM »
Aye, I can see them protecting the rag tag fleet of survivors of my twelve colonies  ;)

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2014, 12:09:36 AM »
By the lords of Kobol.  Those are so necessary to my collection.  Beautiful and the alternate heads are a must.

ASSUMING these sell well enough to warrant it - I want to do a second Set with a Female Ranger and a Ranger Officer.

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2014, 12:10:25 AM »
ASSUMING these sell well enough to warrant it - I want to do a second Set with a Female Ranger and a Ranger Officer.

So where can I buy these to do my part in encouraging it?

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2014, 12:29:32 AM »
The latest batch of Greens are off to be Mastered on Monday, then soonish after that.

Don't worry when everythings up and ready I shall announce it on here, Facebook etc

Thanks in advance for your support!

Offline Viruz

• Scientist
    • The Metal Magic Forum is closed
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2014, 08:24:12 AM »
I must have them  :D (Complette Collection)
When are the Miniatures available in metal?  ;)