Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:37:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 762
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) S.D.Z.A. - Super-Hero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Miniatures  (Read 140905 times)

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
WOOT!

Mark Evans - Zombie sculptor extraordinaire has agreed to sculpt two new Miniatures for me.

A Female Carrion, and a Female Giaour (both for mature gamers) - Happy Day for Me!

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
In S.D.Z.A. there is plenty of choice and it’s not a case of you can ONLY take certain things in certain Factions – there are a lot of ‘mix and match’ possibilities. Good vs Evil are pretty much the only restrictions, and even then with mind controlling psychotropic drugs and electronic control collars - that line can get a little Fuzzy.

Humanity

At the end of the Day, the Earth is filled with people – normal folks just trying to do their job, or even survive. These are the regular “Human” Factions that n the base game.

Regular Folk – Not So Regular.

A lot of people spend most of their lives within the City States, the surviving Communities during the Year of Chaos walled themselves off – only rarely trading with other City States. Corruption became rife in a lot of these cut off communities – they rarely let in new blood, and almost Gladiatorial Games became norm as entertainment – Shanty Dwellers (those who live in shacks and old trailers just outside the city walls) would fight for the right of Citizenship, but even those who won rarely survived their wounds to join the elite. Even when they did, life inside the safety of the Walls was rarely what they expected.

Self Sufficiency and Recycling became the key to survival both inside and out of the Walled Cities – food gets recycled as fertilizer or feed for livestock, bodily waste from both humans and animals gets turned into fuel. Nothing is wasted.

All these factors go to make for tough and hardy stock (not to mention they are cunning) and these “types” form the Core of the Human Faction. Rednecks, Shanty Dwellers, City Security, Wasteland Warriors – all are possible within the S.D.Z.A. Rules and Setting.

The Rangers have what is considered to be one of the Toughest jobs on the planet, these brave Men and Women regularly risk their lives for Civilians and Military alike - if there's a Dinosaur, Wildlife, or Territory problem, they are the ones called in to sort it. The Ranger Movement (or D-Ranger/Dinosaur Ranger depending upon your preference) grew from the Staff at the first Dino-Parks - originally their membership comprised of the regular Staff, Veterinarians, Paleontologists, Experienced Zoo Keepers, and Animal Behavior experts hired to work at and maintain the Dino-Parks – during the Year of Chaos when the Dinosaurs escaped the Dino-Parks, and  started roaming wild and free - the remaining governments of the world hired most  of the original Rangers to help monitor, control, and even capture escaped and wild Dinosaurs in an attempt to control the situation - though their modern Duties and responsibilities are greater today – acting as border guards and peacekeepers,  Rangers often Deal with Carrion Outbreaks and Criminal Problems outside a City States walls as well.

Cops and Government Types - Special Agents, the Military and Private Security – then there are the “Super Troopers” (as the general Population call them) the super-elite A.S.P. Troopers of N.A.T.O. With the increased need for Military Aid during (and after) the Year of Chaos – N.A.T.O.s mandate became more that of a World Military Police Force, than just a European Peace Keeping force.

The Rebels - those that fight against corrupt City State Governments and Corporations like Uni-Tech. This mixed bag of Civilians, Mercenaries, and ex-Military – believe the Corporations (especially Uni-Tech) are at the center of all the worlds troubles, and unlike the World Government and the local Governments of the City States who debate endlessly about the world and its problems. The Rebels take Direct Action, often violently. Hero’s to some, criminals to others – its a fact that the Rebels are a force to be reckoned with.

In addition, Human Factions can get "Big Guy" Backup from Sentry's (huge self-aware machines – originally created by Varian Blackwood), and M.A.T.A.T.s (Mobile All Terrain Armoured Transports) the Armour of choice for the A.S.P. Troopers.

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
Drew, you are purposefully distracting us from the box, aren't you?

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
The Box . . .

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
The box has ....

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
Great background and artwork . ;)

What was in the box then  lol

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
Great background and artwork . ;)

What was in the box then  lol

Friday ;)

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Tease!
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
Tease!

Don't keep calling him that, he loves it!   :)

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
Friday ;)
Well I hope you put some air holes in for him ,then, lol

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
 :D I giddily took receipt of the following Nexus goodness today -

• Uni-Tech Security Officer 01 (Cap and Pistol)
• Uni-Tech Security Trooper 01 (Helmet, Visor Down and Rifle)
• Uni-Tech Security Heads Set 01 (Bare Head and Elite Trooper Helmet)
• Revolutionary/Merc 01 ("Porky" Ironsides, armed with UZI)
• Revolutionary/Merc 02 ("Do Gooder" Marcus, armed with Uni-Tech Blaster Pistol, and separate Camera)
• D-Ranger 01 (Codename Helios)
• D-Ranger 02 (Codename Galicia)
• D-Ranger 03 (Codename Joey)
• D-Ranger Helmet Sprue

They are all absolutely superb sculpts, nice and hefty with bags of character, and they have triggered all manner of game ideas in my meagre brain. The only problem I have is which to paint up first - most probably the Uni-Tech security guards… and I'm going to need SH*T LOADS!  :o lol

Kudos to Nexus for scratching that 80s SF itch so damned well! A fantastic range and highly recommended. Thanks VH!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
Thankyou - It's nice to read appreciative Posts  :D

Offline Viruz

• Scientist
    • The Metal Magic Forum is closed
I look forward to more great  Nexus Miniatures . :-*
Keep it up ......
I buy old Spacelords Miniatures from Hobby Products !
- Cybertech, Bunkerbreaker, Yoyodyne, Sarday´kin, Phagon -

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
Say nice things, and you shall be rewarded :D

Unfortunately, I am utterly terrible at taking pictures of Miniatures (in spite of a light box and a new camera) - I will update these as soon as I can. The Sentry is here! Sculpted by Dave Stone​ of Wargames Terrain Workshop (who also did the casting for me), the Mark I Sentry Unit is 87mm tall and comes with two right hands/forearms - a regular hand with a Blaster-Disc in the Palm, and a Sub-Sonic Blaster Cannon. Standing 87mm tall, cast in resin. Buy yours for just £14.99! Supplied with a 50mm DS plastic base as standard.

Also, to celebrate the release of the Sentry (Nexus' biggest miniature so far) we have the following deal for Easter!

The F.O.N.'Doom Squad' Easter Special!

To Celebrate the Sentry being publicly available, we have a Deal for Easter - From now until Midnight, on the 1th of April you can buy our first 'Doom Squad' Deal!

Four F.O.N. Operatives, complete with a Spare Head Sprue - and the Brand New Mark I Sentry Unit for just £24.60 (RRP £28.98) Thats a Saving of 15%! (cos the Sentry's release was in 2015 get it LoL - just think of the discount if Nexus Miniatures still exists in 2085 ;)

Contact me as Usual via Email (nexus-miniatures@outlook.com or varian@nexus-miniatures.co.uk) to place your order (or PM me on here)

NXS01 - Mark I Blackwood Industries Sentry Unit £14.99 each

NXDP01 - Doom Squad Deal (Easter 2015 - till the 15th of April) £24.60 (NX01 x 2 + NX02 x 2 + NX03 x 1 + NXDP01 x 1)

UK - £1.80
E.U. - £3.50
Rest of the World - £6.20

Other Available Miniatures

NX01 - F.O.N. Operative 01 (Psychic Hero) £3.50 Each
NX02 - F.O.N. Operative 02 (Beastly Hero) £3.50 Each

or £6.50 for a Pair

NX03 - Extra F.O.N. Heads Set 01 (The Wolfman and the Visor) 99p Each

NX04 - F.O.N. Trooper 01 (comes with F.O.N. Trooper Accesory Sprue I as Standard for now) £3.00 Each - OUT OF STOCK

NX05 - F.O.N. Trooper Accesory Sprue I (Aggressive Head, Rifle, and Stun Stick) 99p Each - OUT OF STOCK

NX06 - Mutt 01 (Carnivore) £4.00 Each
NX07 - Mutt 02 (Herbivore) £4.00 Each

or £7.50 for the Pair

NX08 - Uni-Tech Security Officer 01 (Cap and Pistol) £3.50 Each
NX09 - Uni-Tech Security Trooper 01 (Helmet, Visor Down and Rifle) £3.50 Each

or £6.50 for a Pair (and yes, you may buy "pairs" of Trooper 01)

NX10 - Uni-Tech Security Heads Set 01 (Bare Head and Elite Trooper Helmet) 99p Each

NX11 - Revolutionary/Merc 01 ("Porky" Ironsides, armed with UZI) £3.50 Each
NX12 - Revolutionary/Merc 02 ("Do Gooder" Marcus, armed with Uni-Tech Blaster Pistol, and separate Camera) £3.50 Each

or £6.50 for a Pair

NX13 - D-Ranger 01 (Codename Helios) £3.50 Each
NX14 - D-Ranger 02 (Codename Galicia) £3.50 Each
NX15 - D-Ranger 03 (Codename Joey) £3.50 Each

or £10.00 for all Three

NX16 - D-Ranger Helmet Sprue 01 99p Each

NX17 - Doctor Makalay (Brotherhood Leader) £4.50 Each
NX18 - Pisacha (Rogue Prime Assassin) £4.00 Each

or £8.00 for the Pair

NX19 - American Agent 01 (Wolfe Sculder) £3.75 Each
NX20 - American Agent 02 (Katherine Mulley) £3.75 Each

or £7.00 for the Pair