Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:17:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) S.D.Z.A. - Super-Hero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Miniatures  (Read 140889 times)

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
I'm in the future and I'm on the case Doctor!

:D

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
I SHOULD get samples of Masters to "proof" on Tuesday/Wednesday of all the new Miniatures, along with the a test casting of the "secret project" ;)

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
OK, the S.D.Z.A. Scenario competition is over, and we've had some really interesting entries. Thanks to everyone for entering - the Winners will be announced shortly!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Good to hear; and Happy Birthday for yesterday.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
Good to hear; and Happy Birthday for yesterday.

Thanks Dude!  :D

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
Right, the first Master Castings are now "in the post" and should be with me shortly.

In around two weeks, the new releases will be out (two Months worth) -including (hopefully) the initial version of the Mystery release plus re-stocks of everything I've been short of.

In theory, after that - releases will be more regular :D

More great news, I have added this little beauty to the Nexus Stable - sculpted by Ian Morton, "Ronin-X" will be our first Rogue Prime (or Ronin as they are known in  S.D.Z.A.)

Ian is also starting work on the second Miniature for the Rogue Prime range, "Ronin-B".

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
In around two weeks, the new releases will be out (two Months worth)

Will that include the Seraphis Institute figures?

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
This Month are two new Uni-Tech Trooper Poses, three Morlocks, three A.S.P. Troopers/Caprican Legion (by your command), a new "Furious" FON Operative, and two new FON Operative Heads - the Gambler and the Devil.

All 6 of the Institute, Varian Blackwood (and Cat), and Hopefully Ronin-X (if we can squeeze him in) will be the next lot of releases.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 05:23:01 PM by Van-Helsing »

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
Uni-Tech - a Corporation for the Future, or so their P.R. Department would have us believe.

They want the world to forget their past mistakes, like the cloning of the first Dinosaurs and the eventual chaos that stemmed from that project - but the release of a mutagenic virus that created Mutants, Super Beings, and the Living Dead is a tough list to leave behind.

Still, they move forward - innovating, striving for Corporate Dominance. A tough deal when competing against Varian Blackwood who gives away everything, and Jorōgumo Industries who always seem to undercut their prices.

Famed for putting on a show, parades being a favourite - Uni-Tech recently brought in Dress Uniforms, sporting a bright and striking Orange and Grey colour scheme - they certainly do provide a dashing spectacle.

In the setting of S.D.Z.A. (Super-Hero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse) Uni-Tech are the Corporation responsible for the Dino-Parks and the subsequent mess created - in game terms they can be played as either bad or good guys (depending on personal perspective and desire).

They have some of the best Weapons and Technology in the game, and so tend not to show up in vast numbers - but even so turn out in bigger forces than say Shanty Dwellers or Scraps.

Ruthless, Efficient, and Direct are words that best sum-up Uni-Tech and their style of Play.

Uni-Tech Miniatures Sculpted by Martin Buck, Uni-Tech Dress Uniform Painting by Clayton Conduff, and the Uni-Tech Propaganda Art by Carl Stoelzel.

http://sdza-nexus-miniatures.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
Supeb looking uniforms - very striking! ;) Clayton's done a cracking job!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
Supeb looking uniforms - very striking! ;) Clayton's done a cracking job!

Clayton is my little treasure and new Resident Paint Guru :D

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
Clayton is my little treasure and new Resident Paint Guru :D

No doubt, Clayton knocked them clear out of the park with both the painting and the photography here.

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
They've FINALLY reached the Mastering Stage!

"WHATS THAT COMING OVER THE HILL . . . . !"

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
COMING SOON FROM NEXUS MINIATURES!

The Cobra Low Altitude Skimmer!

Coming in at a nice chunky size of 105mm long, 95mm wide, and standing 65mm on its landing legs - the MK I Cobra L.A.S. (Low Altitude Skimmer) is THE light defense and transportation vehicle of choice.

When Captain Sylvester 'Cobra' Cobretti (who also held a Doctorate in Physics and Bachelor's degrees in aerodynamics, flight mechanics, and aircraft design) retired from the U.S.A.F just before the Year of Chaos, he returned to his first love - Aircraft Design. Unfortunately, with High Altitude Air Travel now prohibited by disasters all over the world above the cloud line. All Air Travel, was reduced to sub-sonic low altitude flyers.

The MK I Cobra L.A.S. (Low Altitude Skimmer) was the breakthrough in low altitude flyers, it literally draws the energy needed to power it from the atmosphere in the form of Muons.

Earth is bombarded by particles of "Cosmic Energy" (for want of a better term) all the time, these high-energy particles arriving from outer space are mainly (89%) protons – nuclei of hydrogen, the lightest and most common element in the universe – but they also include nuclei of helium (10%) and heavier nuclei (1%), all the way up to uranium. When they arrive at Earth, they collide with the nuclei of atoms in the upper atmosphere, creating more particles, mainly Pions. The charged Pions can swiftly decay, emitting particles called muons. Unlike Pions, these do not interact strongly with matter, and can travel through the atmosphere to penetrate below ground. The rate of muons arriving at the surface of the Earth is such that about one per second passes through a volume the size of a person’s head.

The Muon is an unstable subatomic particle, and as such it was felt had no practical use - as it had a fairly fast decay rate. By covering the Cobra with millions of tiny scale like receptors to catch the Muons as they hit the surface of the skimmer, Cobretti found a way of using the weak interaction created by the Muons decay rate to power an engine; and the I.P.S. (Ingrid Power System) was Born! (named after his Wife Ingrid Cobretti).

This was an astonishing, unbelievable breakthrough (one might say "out of this world") because an important advantage of Muon non-ionizing radiation is that it is safe for humans, plants, and animals - so it seemed like a dream come through.

There were drawbacks of course, the ship had to be very light - as Muons don't provide much power, and so even though they are equipped with weaponry (what weaponry depends upon who's using them) any direct impact, or blast tends to have a catastrophic effect. Cobras can be fitted to carry cargo (known as Pythons), but the heavier weight means much lower speeds.

MK I Cobra L.A.S. are seen in use all over the world, in particular by Uni-Tech and NATO.

OK - Now the Boring stuff.

The MK I Cobra L.A.S. is a pre-release prototype Kit, and will only be available in very limited quantities - Cast in two parts in resin, it is an expert level kit and will require some sanding and filling - as usual, please be careful when working with resin use a mask!. The MK I Cobra L.A.S. is supplied with its landing legs, cast in metal.

(Uni-Tech Officer Not Included, he's just there trying to hitch a ride.)

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
A while back you might remember that I announced a Competition.

All entrants had to do was to Write a Scenario Outline for S.D.Z.A. - the Deadline for was my Birthday (the 23rd of May) and the original intent was to have the Playtesters judge it, unfortunately - as usual with these things, they tend not to survive contact with reality and we ended up with several entries from Playtesters. So the Judging was done by myself, and Carl Stoelzel (BooBoo) who's been kind enough to help with the Graphics and Artwork for S.D.Z.A.

The standard was very VERY high, and the quality of work and imagination was inspiring.

Still, there were only three prize "levels.

1st Place will win a PAINTED pre-production "RoboBorg" Miniature (like the one in the picture) and its an original 3D Print (not a re-cast), AND AND a Set of the original 5 Releases as Resin Master Castings.

2nd Place will win a pre-production "RoboBorg" Miniature (like the one in the picture) and its an original 3D Print (not a re-cast), AND a Set of the original 5 Releases in Metal.

3rd Place will win a Set of the original 5 Releases in Metal.

So - now the interesting stuff - on to the winners.

Clayton Conduff won 1st Place, with his Scenario "Unstoppable Force" pitting the Initiative (F.O.N. Operatives) against Uni-Tech.

Karsten Zeidler (Von Lucky on the Lead Adventure Forums) won 2nd Place, with his Scenario "Rat-a-tat-tat" which is the saga of a rogue M.A.T.A.T. Unit.

Simon Quinton won 3rd Place, with his Scenario "Mission Log file. 007892" which had Jacob Nexus investigating deliberate dinosaur and human DNA splicing.

Will the Winners please contact me with their Address Details, and I'll sort you out with your Prizes.