Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:56:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689758
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 699
Total: 706

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) S.D.Z.A. - Super-Hero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Miniatures  (Read 141340 times)

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
Sorry to everyone who wanted one straight away, but the Skimmer is now Sold Out - restocks won't happen for 2-3 weeks (the caster is in France atm) - I will (of course) let everyone know when it's available again.

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
The Deadline for Pre-Orders has passed - many thanks to everyone for their interest. The Website will be updated tomorrow with the new listings and images (as will the Blog and the Facebook Page) - Including some new painted examples from our ranges!

http://sdza-nexus-miniatures.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.nexus-miniatures.co.uk/home

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Now that his round in the LPL is over, I hope you don't mind some photobombing of the thread - my A.I.M.L.E.S.S.* Sentry unit.

*I'd explain the acronym, if I hadn't forgotten what it should mean... ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 05:43:17 PM by Vanvlak »

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
:D :D :D

Hope that doesn't mean you're going to eat it  :o :D

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
THats my happy Growl :D

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
This is the Current Nexus Miniatures "Catalogue" - Pictures will be continually updated.

A quick note about Resin Models - All Nexus Miniatures Resin Models are Expert Level Kits. They may require sanding and filing, and need to be assembled with Super Glue. Please Take Care when working with Resin - if you are unsure and need help, please feel free to contact me at either of my Emails.

To place an order either contact me through here or Email at Nexus Miniatures (varian@nexus-miniatures.co.uk or nexus-miniatures@outlook.com) - or check out the Website at http://www.nexus-miniatures.co.uk/home

Metal Miniatures

Our Metal Miniatures are cast in white metal, and require cleaning with a knife or file - and in some cases assembly, we use Super-Glue. Due to the nature of the miniatures production material, and small parts, sometimes with sharp edges - we do not recommend them for Hobbyists under the age of 16.

NX01 - F.O.N. Operative 01 (Psychic Hero) £3.50 Each
NX02 - F.O.N. Operative 02 (Beastly Hero) £3.50 Each
NX03 - F.O.N. Operative 03 (Furious Hero) £3.50 Each

OR £6.50 for two (please let me know your preference), or £9.50 for all three

NXH01 - Extra F.O.N. Heads Set 01 (The Wolfman and the Visor) 99p Each
NXH02 - Extra F.O.N. Heads Set 01 (The Gambler and the Devil) 99p Each

NX04 - F.O.N. Trooper 01 (comes with F.O.N. Trooper Accessory Sprue 1 or 2 – please let me know your preference) £3.00 Each

NXT01 - F.O.N. Trooper Accessory Sprue 1 (Aggressive Head - Mouth Open/Shouting, Rifle, and Stun Stick) 99p Each
NXT02 - F.O.N. Trooper Accessory Sprue 1 (Grumpy Head - Mouth Closed/Frowning, Rifle, and Stun Stick) 99p Each

NX06 - Mutt 01 (Carnivore) £4.00 Each
NX07 - Mutt 02 (Herbivore) £4.00 Each

or £7.50 for the Pair

NX08 - Uni-Tech Security Officer 01 (Cap and Pistol) £3.50
NX09a - Uni-Tech Security Trooper 01 (Helmet, Visor Down and Rifle) £3.50 Each
NX09b - Uni-Tech Security Trooper 02 (Helmet, Visor Down and Rifle Raised) £3.50 Each
NX09c - Uni-Tech Security Trooper 03 (Helmet, Visor Down and Rifle Lowered) £3.50 Each

Either £6.50 for a Pair, or £9.50 for Three (please let me know your preference)

NX10 - Uni-Tech Security Heads Set 01 (Bare Head and Elite Trooper Helmet) 99p Each

NX13 - D-Ranger 01 (Codename Helios) £3.50 Each
NX14 - D-Ranger 02 (Codename Galicia) £3.50 Each
NX15 - D-Ranger 03 (Codename Joey) £3.50 Each

or £9.50 for Three

NX16 - D-Ranger Helmet Sprue 01 99p Each

NX17 - Doctor Makalay (Brotherhood Leader) £4.50 Each
NX18 - Pisacha (Rogue Prime Assassin) £4.00 Each

or £8.00 for the Pair

NX19 - American Agent 01 (Wolfe Sculder) £3.75 Each
NX20 - American Agent 02 (Katherine Mulley) £3.75 Each

or £7.00 for the Pair

NX21 - British Secret Agent 01 (60's Jacob Nexus) £3.75 Each
NX22 - British Secret Agent 02 (80's Jacob Nexus) £3.75 Each

or £7.00 for the Pair

NX23 - A.S.P. Trooper/Caprican Legion Trooper/Offcer (Rifle or Pistol) 01 £3.25 Each
NX24 - A.S.P. Trooper/Caprican Legion Trooper 02 (Rifle Raised) £3.25 Each
NX25 - A.S.P. Trooper/Caprican Legion Trooper 03 (Rifle Lowered) £3.25 Each

or £9.00 for all Three

NXAC01 - A.S.P. Trooper/Caprican Legion Weapon Sprue (Pistol & Rifle) 99p Each 

NX29 - Brotherhood Morlock 01 (Unarmed) £3.00 Each
NX30 - Brotherhood Morlock 02 (Unarmed or Throwing Big Rock) £3.00 Each
NX31 - Brotherhood Morlock 03 (Road Sign or Concrete Stump) £3.00 Each

or £8.50 for all Three

Resin Models

All Nexus Miniatures Resin Models are Expert Level Kits. They may require sanding and filing, and need to be assembled with Super Glue. Please Take Care when working with Resin - if you are unsure and need help, please feel free to contact me. Due to the nature of the Resin Models - because of the production material, required sanding/filing/and assembly with Super-Glue - we do not recommend them for Hobbyists under the age of 16.

NXS01 - Mark I Blackwood Industries Sentry Unit £14.99 each

NXS02 - Apocalypse Security Personnel 'M.A.T.A.T.' (Mobile All Terrain Automated Trooper) £12.99 Each

DEALS!

Our Deals are there for one reason, to offer great value for money (not that Nexus Miniatures aren't already good falue - they are). ALways check out our Deals to see what you can save!

NXDS01 - 'Doom Squad' Deal £32.00 (NXS01 x 1 + NX01 x 2 + NX02 x 2 + NX03 x 2 + NXH01 x 1 + NXH03 x 1)
NXDS02 - 'Robot Rumble' Deal £25.00 (Both a Mark I Blackwood Industries Sentry Unit and an ASP M.A.T.A.T.)
NXDS03 - 'Uni-Tech Patrol' Deal £20.00 (NX08 x 1 + NX09a x 2 + NX09b x 2 + NX09c x 2)
NXDS04 - 'By Your Command' Deal £16.00 (NX23 x 2 plus 1 Weapon Sprue + NX24 x 2 + NX25 x 2)
NXDS05 - 'Morlock Madness' Deal £15.00 (NX29 x 2 + NX30 x 2 + NX31 x 2)

Shipping (Fixed Rate, Extra Insurance or Expedited Shipping Upon Request) -

UK - £1.80
E.U. - £3.50
Rest of the World - £6.20

http://www.nexus-miniatures.co.uk/home

http://sdza-nexus-miniatures.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
"Of Truebreeds & Torem" . . . . . .

The Dinosaurs have not been getting the love they deserve, as a small company - producing full size Dino's is a little beyond my costs atm - especially as there are SO MANY great Dino Toys out there in Retail-Land.

But, how about the Truebreed Dino-Men?

After a number of years the Mutts became more and more scarce - the Blackwood Research Institute came to the conclusion that it was most likely for one of three reasons. Either the R.D.S. (Reactive De-evolution Syndrome) Virus was becoming less effective (unlikely, as there were still Carrion outbreaks from time to time) or people were becoming immune (also unlikely, as new Primes are being awakened every day), or possibly somehow these Mutations had become more stable - and there was something out in the Barrens we hadn't seen yet.

As it turned out, the Third Reason was indeed the reason - there were fewer Mutts because the R.D.S. Virus had 'evolved' a new way to restructure and combine Animal/Human D.N.A. - creating a set of new and stable species - the Truebreeds.

The Truebreeds are quite literally Humanoid Dinosaurs - admittedly not very smart Humanoids, about the theorized intelligence level of a Neanderthal. But their low grade Intelligence doesn't stop Carnivore Truebreeds being a threat in the parts of the world where they have become common - South America, just outside San Angeles City State, and outside the Walls of Scotland and Wales.  Herbivore Truebreeds are far less common, whether this is because they keep themselves to themselves or they have a secret agenda (the Herbivores tend to be smarter than their Carnivore cousins) is not known.

Carnivore Truebreeds prefer to stay pure - and each Tribe is generally made up of the same strain -  showing strong racial influences in their build and appearance directly from their Ancestry - Raptors and Allosaurus being the most common Carnivores. There are exceptions to this rule however, if the Tribe has a particularly strong and controlling Chief.

Carnivore Truebreed Tribes exist by hunting and raiding - and although they prefer to attack vulnerable Human settlements out in the Barrens, Giaour Hives and Scraps clans are targeted too.

Herbivore Truebreeds, whilst also Tribal in Nature, also spend a lot of their time with wild Herbivores - and have been seen on occasion helping their less evolved cousins when injured or struggling to find water. The most Common Herbivore Truebreeds seem to be Triceratops and Ankylosaurus.

Then there are the Torem . . . . . . .

The Torem are Truebreed Primes, though rare they are powerful and deadly - when they are part of a Tribe, they ALWAYS lead it. Such is their strength and power (and intelligence) they often mix the Truebreed species, to created the strongest and most efficient fighting force possible. Filled with the ferocious grace of their 'parent' Dinosaur. More often than not Torem are evolved from Carnivores, with T-Rex and Allosaurus Torem being the most frequently encountered.

The Carnivore Torem was sculpted by Martin Buck, and will be released in a couple of Months along with two Truebreed Battlers and two Truebreed Spitters - which are currently being sculpted by Dave Stone.

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
Now that his round in the LPL is over, I hope you don't mind some photobombing of the thread - my A.I.M.L.E.S.S.* Sentry unit.

*I'd explain the acronym, if I hadn't forgotten what it should mean... ;D

I'm lovin' ole Rusty there.   :D

The three other yellow fellows you did were lovely too
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 01:10:56 AM by Booboo »

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Thanks Booboo.
I seem to have found a very quick and simple way of doing these big yellow beasties (this sounds like one of those irritating ads!).

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
YOUTUBE SHOUT-OUT for S.D.Z.A. and Nexus Miniatures! At around the 28 Minutes Mark!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-08_3VXBW8&feature=youtu.be

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
Dammit.  I have to get some of those skimmers when they are re-released. 
This is my boomstick!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
Dammit.  I have to get some of those skimmers when they are re-released. 

3+ weeks Doomsdave

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
NEED DINOS (OK, some are a little small for 28mm - but still nice sculpts) Iron Wind Studios are currently selling their Dinosaur Range at 25% off Retail in honor of the new Jurassic World movie!

http://ironwindmetals.com/store/index.php?cPath=271_315

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
The Prophet of the Deadworld

It was dark, very dark - Captain Pugh lay there in the bushes next to the water waiting.

His A.S.P. Team had walked into an ambush - this Zone was supposed to be clear of Carrion, there hadn't been an outbreak in the Catskills in Months.

Captain Pugh let out an involuntary "aaargh" turning his head to see an Acanthostega parked on his leg, he stared at it and it stared back - cocked its head as if it was waiting for him to make another sound, then darted off into the water. "F**king newts, the Catskills are full of them", Captain Pugh 'laughed' in his head as he thought this.

His attention returned to the Shack and the ambush - they had received orders to attend this location that a group of Paleozoologists were in trouble. The landed their Cobra in a clearing, 100 meters away (standard procedure in such cases) and circled the shack - only to find over a hundred (at a guess) Carrion waiting for their Team of 6 A.S.P. Troopers. That’s unheard of in such rocky terrain, Carrion are generally found in urban environments or the open road.

Sgt Ewing "pssst" at Captain Pugh to attract his attention from a clump of bushes about 5 meters away - at least he was alive. But why was his face lit up with a sickly green light - almost in unison Pugh  and Ewing turned their heads to look towards the source of the illumination - just as it started to crackle and spit, making sounds like bacon on a griddle.

There was a ball of green light, crackling with veins of energy - it grew to be about 8 foot across. Both Pugh and Ewing noticed that the ground beneath the ball was scorched - half burnt plants, and the remains of an Acanthostega lay at the 'foot' of the crackling energy sphere.

The centre of the green energy ball folded back, almost like an iris on a camera lens - revealing blackness . . . .

All was still and silent, for about thirty seconds - then Pugh heard those sounds. The Moans and Groans of the damned, a Carrion horde. Dozens of Carrion poured through the blackness at the centre of the glowing green sphere - like so many man shaped dead and diseased cockroaches. Clambering, scratching, clawing, falling and tumbling over one another to break through.

But from where?

Fearing they would find Ewing and himself, Pugh checked his weapons and ammo - expecting the worst, he looked up to see that Sgt Ewing was doing the same. But after the Carrion had finished pouring through - they stopped. Almost as if controlled, as if they were waiting for . . someone . .

Mere seconds after a scantily clad carrion slinked through what was now obviously a portal of some kind. She stood there, her body was still perfect Pugh thought to himself. She turned, looking directly at where he was hiding - her now hideous face, a mere echo of what she must have looked like when she was 'alive'. She glared, her eyes showed a spark of intelligence missing from most Carrion - she sniffed the air, then turned her attention back to the glowing portal.

A tall robed man stepped through the portal, dressed in dark blue - almost black robes. Decorated with stars and constellations - almost like it was a photo realistic map of the night sky - but Pugh didn't recognize any of the shapes of the stars or constellations.

He was bald, his face was drawn and ashen - and he carried with him a great bronze staff, the top of which looked like a stylized 'key' to . . Some great gothic lock . .

He looked at the female Carrion, and in a scratchy yet powerful voice said "Is everything ready my dear".  

She looked up at him, "Yes my Lord" - her voice was little more than a harsh whisper, she bowed her head "the other portals from Deadworld will open across the world at 24 hour intervals as commanded".

"Excellent", the robed man gave out a hideous malformed laugh. "This world too shall know the word of the Prophet".

The The Prophet of the Deadworld is a Prime from another Dimension, on his home world, the Prophet and three other members of the "Dark Initiative" were the ones who DELIBERATELY created the RDS virus, and turned their world into the first Deadworld.

So far, only the Prophet has passed through - and he can draw the occasional sploog of Carrion through as well, even remotely at a distance.

A totally unique Model to the S.D.Z.A. setting, the Prophet of the Deadworld has been sculpted by the remarkably talented Mark Evans - and will be made available as part of a future Nexus Miniatures release.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:24:40 PM by Van-Helsing »