Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:10:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689474
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) S.D.Z.A. - Super-Hero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Miniatures  (Read 141262 times)

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
Dang, that really is a cool guy!!  :o

Surely gonna be one of my next purchases from Nexus!
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
Dang, that really is a cool guy!!  :o

Surely gonna be one of my next purchases from Nexus!

Thankyou :D

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Wow...my Germans really need that Necromancer  :-*

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
Drew's Big Box Of Bargains' is here! - I have a batch of F.O.N. Troopers where the Head and Weapon sprue are miscast.

The Helmet, Rifle, and Glow-Rod are slightly out of step (the mold slipped - see the picture) - they just need a little more work and TLC than usual (or just use different heads and weapons LoL)

As the Sprue and the Body are in the same mold - when I cast more, I have the bodies to match (which are perfect btw)

SO, rather than just have them sit here in the Nexus Bunker doing nothing - I'm offering them for sale at a discounted price (worth it just for the bodies to be frank).

£1 each for a Sprue and a Body - they are all the "angry" head I am afraid, so no asking for swap outs - they are all in a big bag together, so don't ask how many there are. There are quite a few, but its first come first served.

When They are Gone they are Gone!

£1.00 each postage as standard (no matter how many you buy) and if you place a regular order as well - I'll treat you to a freebie ;)

UK - £1.80
E.U. - £3.80
Rest of the World - £6.50

Email at Nexus Miniatures (varian@nexus-miniatures.co.uk or nexus-miniatures@outlook.com) to get some cheap troopers :D

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
When Uni-Tech were first trying to clone Dinosaurs, to get it to work they had to 'piggy back' the Dino DNA onto the genetic template of a theoretically harmless Virus - we all have them, here in the real world they've know about them for years, commonly known as bacteriophage or just 'phage' it is a virus that infects and replicates within a bacterium  - a phage was used as a carrier, as a Virus can replicate more efficiently than any Animal cell currently known to man. A phage may be encoded  to carry over a 100,000 - many more than the 24,000 needed.

When the technology became viable, it evolved into a money making venture for unscrupulous businessmen who were running Uni-Tech – exploiting it without it being fully tested.

Of course, when the Dino-Parks start opening all over the USA - and the Dino's then start breeding themselves (chaos theory reigns and Nature always finds a way) the Virus mutates and a new strain evolves, creating a "wild card" effect - causing it to spread to other animals – including Humans!

This new Infectious Virus started spreading Dinosaur characteristics to Humans - 90% of those infected become seriously ill. Only around 10% of those infected became 'Primes' - humans who began developing special traits. Enhanced Strength, toughened skin, lighter bones, wings, and other more 'exotic' and unexpected abilities. Most Primes are positive (designated Alphas, Betas, and Deltas to designate their level of ability), and show no (or very little) outward manifestation of their mutations - others, are more monstrous (and in the case of Omegas, generally hideous and deformed).

After a time The Primes in countries all over the world attempted a takeover, which naturally lead to a cold war situation between the various Prime 'Nations' and the Norms - which led to the use of nuclear strikes, conventional, and chemical warfare. All the time Uni-Tech Scientists are trying to find a cure, but when they start getting close - the R.D.S. Virus mutates again into a new strain (due to a combination of Uni-Tech's tampering, Chemical contamination, Radiation, and natural viral evolution/contagion development), which in turn led to a new and uncontrollable Necrotizing Fasciitis infection (therein lies the problem - when ANY "strange" Virus encounters a new species it mutates again –  in this case killing people and then altering the DNA Code, changing their cellular structure - the result. CARRION!). Rather than the flesh simply being eaten away - it rots on the bone, remaining as leathery dessicated flesh hanging gorily off the bone leaving the Carriers craving healthy tissue – the very thing they have lost. This leads them to attack and bite, further spreading the disease.

There are two types of Carrion, Whispers and Dums.

The "Z-Cells" take over the body, forcing it into its new state - its alive, but not in the generally accepted way. The level of decay in the host would depend upon the degree to which the Z-Cells has taken over the host. Someone with nearly 100% conversion would look fresher for longer - as Z-Cells don't decay as such, they more "dry out" and become dessicated like tissue thats been mummified. The more mindless Dum's had received enough Z-Conversion to turn, but not enough to stop them breaking up from decay

If enough cells Get Corrupted barring damage a Carrion could live forever - generally these "full conversions" aren't victims of bites they are 100% conversion by the source. Either direct exposure to the R.D.S. Virus itself, or they were carriers of the Virus, who passed away (either from natural causes, radiation poisoning, or chemical poisoning) leaving the R.D.S. Virus to run rampant throughout their system.

The true nature of the 'Whispers' (Smart Carrion) is that they have achieved 100% conversion, and as a consequence their intellect remains intact

Whispers are generally fresh fresh looking - with maybe some facial deformities created not only the R.D.S. Virus but also the change in personality and mindset, they normally look like they are less than a few days or weeks 'dead' - are faster than regular Carrion and can think independently of the herd, even using tools and simple weapons. A few rare examples keep their original intelligence and personality - it has been theorized that maybe the prime aspects of their genetic makeup had been activated as they died, but in 99% of these cases the individual gets so depressed and hateful of their situation and what they have become they seek to end their existence.

Dums are rarely fresh (in look or smell), they are slow, scratch and bite - but show little (or no) actual intelligence.

They are often "herded" by the Whispers or the cannibalistic Giaour.

Whispers can still communicate, but in gravelly whispered tones - Dum's cannot speak, merely grunting and groaning.

This first X-Rated Whisper Miniature was sculpted by the Undead Master Mark Evans, and will be part of an upcoming release.

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
nice figure but there's usually to many little kids around when I game
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
The work Bench of a Nexus Miniatures Fan - this is what I like to see - Hobby Commitment! Clive Dudley - Nexus Miniatures Collector Extraordinaire!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
New Website/Webstore and a Cool Promotion!

Good News of the Day Folks - The NEW Nexus Miniatures Webstore and Site should be up and running by the 15th of July! That Date will also mark over 15 Months since I started to do this silly Miniatures thing ;)

To celebrate this - because I am always generous with you guys, a small promotion!

Any orders placed between today and the opening of the Webstore on the 15th of July for orders of £15 or more (lets face it, thats really REALLY easy to do) will get a 15% discount off their order! (Offer applies to miniatures in the current catalogue, and cannot be used with pre-orders for unlisted miniatures or in conjunction with any other Nexus Miniatures Promotion)

To further make this a Sexier Promotion - anyone placing an order of £30 or more (before discount obviously) will be placed in a prize Draw to win one of the Limited Edition Skimmers too! With the Draw being made at the end of July (no Cash prize alternative offered, the winner will be notified by Email).

Lastly, anyone placing an order of £60 or more will get a 15% Discount, two entries in the Prize Draw AND a further 15% discount off their next order too!

(How nice am I, I wish I had a friend like me)

To place an order either contact me through here or Email at Nexus Miniatures (nexus-miniatures@outlook.com) - or check out the Website at http://www.nexus-miniatures.co.uk/home

Metal Miniatures

Our Metal Miniatures are cast in white metal, and require cleaning with a knife or file - and in some cases assembly, we use Super-Glue. Due to the nature of the miniatures production material, and small parts, sometimes with sharp edges - we do not recommend them for Hobbyists under the age of 16.

NX01 - F.O.N. Operative 01 (Psychic Hero) £3.50 Each
NX02 - F.O.N. Operative 02 (Beastly Hero) £3.50 Each
NX03 - F.O.N. Operative 03 (Furious Hero) £3.50 Each

OR £6.50 for two (please let me know your preference), or £9.50 for all three

NXH01 - Extra F.O.N. Heads Set 01 (The Wolfman and the Visor) 99p Each
NXH02 - Extra F.O.N. Heads Set 01 (The Gambler and the Devil) 99p Each

NX04 - F.O.N. Trooper 01 (comes with F.O.N. Trooper Accessory Sprue 1 or 2 – please let me know your preference) £3.00 Each

NXT01 - F.O.N. Trooper Accessory Sprue 1 (Aggressive Head - Mouth Open/Shouting, Rifle, and Stun Stick) 99p Each
NXT02 - F.O.N. Trooper Accessory Sprue 1 (Grumpy Head - Mouth Closed/Frowning, Rifle, and Stun Stick) 99p Each

NX06 - Mutt 01 (Carnivore) £4.00 Each
NX07 - Mutt 02 (Herbivore) £4.00 Each

or £7.50 for the Pair

NX08 - Uni-Tech Security Officer 01 (Cap and Pistol) £3.50
NX09a - Uni-Tech Security Trooper 01 (Helmet, Visor Down and Rifle) £3.50 Each
NX09b - Uni-Tech Security Trooper 02 (Helmet, Visor Down and Rifle Raised) £3.50 Each
NX09c - Uni-Tech Security Trooper 03 (Helmet, Visor Down and Rifle Lowered) £3.50 Each

Either £6.50 for a Pair, or £9.50 for Three (please let me know your preference)

NX10 - Uni-Tech Security Heads Set 01 (Bare Head and Elite Trooper Helmet) 99p Each

NX11 - Rebel/Mercenary 01 ("Porky" Ironsides, armed with UZI) £3.50 Each
NX12 - Rebel/Mercenary 02 ("Do Gooder" Marcus, armed with Uni-Tech Blaster Pistol, and separate Camera) £3.50 Each

or £6.50 for a Pair

NX13 - D-Ranger 01 (Codename Helios) £3.50 Each
NX14 - D-Ranger 02 (Codename Galicia) £3.50 Each
NX15 - D-Ranger 03 (Codename Joey) £3.50 Each

or £9.50 for Three

NX16 - D-Ranger Helmet Sprue 01 99p Each

NX17 - Doctor Makalay (Brotherhood Leader) £4.50 Each
NX18 - Pisacha (Rogue Prime Assassin) £4.00 Each

or £8.00 for the Pair

NX19 - American Agent 01 (Wolfe Sculder) £3.75 Each
NX20 - American Agent 02 (Katherine Mulley) £3.75 Each

or £7.00 for the Pair

NX21 - British Secret Agent 01 (60's Jacob Nexus) £3.75 Each
NX22 - British Secret Agent 02 (80's Jacob Nexus) £3.75 Each

or £7.00 for the Pair

NX23 - A.S.P. Trooper/Caprican Legion Trooper/Offcer (Rifle or Pistol) 01 £3.25 Each
NX24 - A.S.P. Trooper/Caprican Legion Trooper 02 (Rifle Raised) £3.25 Each
NX25 - A.S.P. Trooper/Caprican Legion Trooper 03 (Rifle Lowered) £3.25 Each

or £9.00 for all Three

NXAC01 - A.S.P. Trooper/Caprican Legion Weapon Sprue (Pistol & Rifle) 99p Each  

NX29 - Brotherhood Morlock 01 (Unarmed) £3.00 Each
NX30 - Brotherhood Morlock 02 (Unarmed or Throwing Big Rock) £3.00 Each
NX31 - Brotherhood Morlock 03 (Road Sign or Concrete Stump) £3.00 Each

or £8.50 for all Three

Resin Models

All Nexus Miniatures Resin Models are Expert Level Kits. They may require sanding and filing, and need to be assembled with Super Glue. Please Take Care when working with Resin - if you are unsure and need help, please feel free to contact me. Due to the nature of the Resin Models - because of the production material, required sanding/filing/and assembly with Super-Glue - we do not recommend them for Hobbyists under the age of 16.

NXS01 - Mark I Blackwood Industries Sentry Unit £14.99 each
NXS02 - Apocalypse Security Personell 'M.A.T.A.T.' (Mobile All Terrain Automated Trooper) £12.99 Each

DEALS!

Our Deals are there for one reason, to offer great value for money (not that Nexus Miniatures aren't already good value - they are). Always check out our Deals to see what you can save!

NXDS01 - 'Doom Squad' Deal £32.00 (NXS01 x 1 + NX01 x 2 + NX02 x 2 + NX03 x 2 + NXH01 x 1 + NXH03 x 1)
NXDS02 - 'Robot Rumble' Deal £25.00 (Both a NXS01 - Mark I Blackwood Industries Sentry Unit and a NXS02 - Apocalypse Security Personell M.A.T.A.T.)
NXDS03 - 'Sentry Sentinels' Deal £27.00 (2 x NXS01 - Mark I Blackwood Industries Sentry Unit)
NXDS04 - 'M.A.T.A.T. Mob' Deal £23.00 (2 x NXS02 - Apocalypse Security Personell M.A.T.A.T.)
NXDS05 - 'Uni-Tech Patrol' Deal £20.00 (NX08 x 1 + NX09a x 2 + NX09b x 2 + NX09c x 2)
NXDS06 - 'By Your Command' Deal £16.00 (NX23 x 2 plus 1 Weapon Sprue + NX24 x 2 + NX25 x 2)
NXDS07 - 'Morlock Madness' Deal £15.00 (NX29 x 2 + NX30 x 2 + NX31 x 2)

Shipping (Fixed Rate, Extra Insurance or Expedited Shipping Upon Request) -

UK - £1.80
E.U. - £3.80

http://www.nexus-miniatures.co.uk/home

http://sdza-nexus-miniatures.blogspot.co.uk/

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:08:56 PM by Van-Helsing »

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
The history of the Organization that became known as the D-Rangers (or Dinosaur-Rangers to give them their full title) began pretty much before that day in 1983 when the Dino-S**t first hit the fan.

Originally the "Rangers" (as they were dubbed back in the old days) were the Staff at the first Dino-Parks - and their membership comprised of the regular Staff, Veterinarians, Paleontologists, Experienced Zoo Keepers, and Animal Behaviour experts hired to work at and maintain the Dino-Parks - when the chaos erupted and the Dinosaurs started roaming wild and free - their job changed, Rangers helped monitor, control, and even capture escaped and wild Dinosaurs in an attempt to control the situation - though their modern Duties and Responsibilities are greater today - as the D-Rangers often Deal with Carrion Outbreaks and Rogue Mutts as well.

No matter where Rangers patrol, what part of the world - or what mounts the ride. They all wear the same emblem, and have the same Motto - Humanitas Colimus (Humanity We Serve). So, whether you live in luxury inside a Cities Walls, or live the Humble life of a Shanty Dweller - remember the Brave men and women of the Rangers who help keep you safe.

Available Now (currently with a 15% discount on orders of £15 or more until the 15th of July) -

or £9.50 for all three

To place an order either contact me through here or Email at Nexus Miniatures (varian@nexus-miniatures.co.uk or nexus-miniatures@outlook.com) - or check out the Website at http://www.nexus-miniatures.co.uk/home

UK - £1.80
E.U. - £3.80

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UNI.TECH.HQ

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
Coming Soon (ish) to the S.D.Z.A. Universe (once the Basic Rules are out there, I have many plans to expand the setting).

SDZA - Shadow War "The Battle For the Future has Begun"

A supplemental PDF which will cover (in more detail) Jacob Nexus, MI6 & the S.A.I.N.T.s, AND the True History of Uni-Tech and the Origins of Jorogumo Industries.

Jam Packed full of Super Spies and Secret Agents, Mad Scientists, Evil Organizations, Power Mad Corporations, the Cold War, left over Relics from WWII, Russian Super-Soldiers, and Time Travelling Secret Agents from the Future.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:15:06 PM by Van-Helsing »

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Nice and I like the artwork for the title.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures

Offline Booboo

• Scientist

For a second I thought the shadowy silhouettes were an animated gif.

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
For a second I thought the shadowy silhouettes were an animated gif.

I wish LoL

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
DONT FORGET 15% off Nexus Minis till the 15th of July! http://www.nexus-miniatures.co.uk/home

Just a reminder about the 15% off Promotion, celebrating the NEW Nexus Miniatures Webstore (in theory LoL) up and running by the 15th of July! That Date will also mark over 15 Months since I started to do this silly Miniatures thing ;)

Any Email orders placed by emal by the 15th of July for orders of £15 or more befor discount (lets face it, thats really REALLY easy to do) will get a 15% discount off their order! (Offer applies to miniatures in the current catalogue, and cannot be used with pre-orders for unlisted miniatures or in conjunction with any other Nexus Miniatures Promotion)

IN ADDITION - anyone placing an order of £30 or more by Email (again before discount obviously) will be placed in a prize Draw to win one of the Limited Edition Skimmers too! With the Draw being made at the end of July (no Cash prize alternative offered, the winner will be notified by Email).

Lastly, anyone placing an order of £60 or more will get a 15% Discount, two entries in the Prize Draw AND a further 15% discount off their next order too!

To place an order either contact me through here or Email at Nexus Miniatures (nexus-miniatures@outlook.com) - or check out the Website at http://www.nexus-miniatures.co.uk/home

Metal Miniatures

Our Metal Miniatures are cast in white metal, and require cleaning with a knife or file - and in some cases assembly, we use Super-Glue. Due to the nature of the miniatures production material, and small parts, sometimes with sharp edges - we do not recommend them for Hobbyists under the age of 16.

NX01 - F.O.N. Operative 01 (Psychic Hero) £3.50 Each
NX02 - F.O.N. Operative 02 (Beastly Hero) £3.50 Each
NX03 - F.O.N. Operative 03 (Furious Hero) £3.50 Each
OR £6.50 for two (please let me know your preference), or £9.50 for all three

NXH01 - Extra F.O.N. Heads Set 01 (The Wolfman and the Visor) 99p Each
NXH02 - Extra F.O.N. Heads Set 01 (The Gambler and the Devil) 99p Each

NX04 - F.O.N. Trooper 01 (comes with F.O.N. Trooper Accessory Sprue 1 or 2 – please let me know your preference) £3.00 Each
NXT01 - F.O.N. Trooper Accessory Sprue 1 (Aggressive Head - Mouth Open/Shouting, Rifle, and Stun Stick) 99p Each
NXT02 - F.O.N. Trooper Accessory Sprue 1 (Grumpy Head - Mouth Closed/Frowning, Rifle, and Stun Stick) 99p Each

NX06 - Mutt 01 (Carnivore) £4.00 Each
NX07 - Mutt 02 (Herbivore) £4.00 Each
or £7.50 for the Pair

NX08 - Uni-Tech Security Officer 01 (Cap and Pistol) £3.50
NX09a - Uni-Tech Security Trooper 01 (Helmet, Visor Down and Rifle) £3.50 Each
NX09b - Uni-Tech Security Trooper 02 (Helmet, Visor Down and Rifle Raised) £3.50 Each
NX09c - Uni-Tech Security Trooper 03 (Helmet, Visor Down and Rifle Lowered) £3.50 Each
Either £6.50 for a Pair, or £9.50 for Three (please let me know your preference)

NX10 - Uni-Tech Security Heads Set 01 (Bare Head and Elite Trooper Helmet) 99p Each

NX11 - Rebel/Mercenary 01 ("Porky" Ironsides, armed with UZI) £3.50 Each
NX12 - Rebel/Mercenary 02 ("Do Gooder" Marcus, armed with Uni-Tech Blaster Pistol, and separate Camera) £3.50 Each
or £6.50 for a Pair

or £9.50 for Three

NX17 - Doctor Makalay (Brotherhood Leader) £4.50 Each
NX18 - Pisacha (Rogue Prime Assassin) £4.00 Each
or £8.00 for the Pair

NX19 - American Agent 01 (Wolfe Sculder) £3.75 Each
NX20 - American Agent 02 (Katherine Mulley) £3.75 Each
or £7.00 for the Pair

NX21 - British Secret Agent 01 (60's Jacob Nexus) £3.75 Each
NX22 - British Secret Agent 02 (80's Jacob Nexus) £3.75 Each
or £7.00 for the Pair

NX23 - A.S.P. Trooper/Caprican Legion Trooper/Offcer (Rifle or Pistol) 01 £3.25 Each
NX24 - A.S.P. Trooper/Caprican Legion Trooper 02 (Rifle Raised) £3.25 Each
NX25 - A.S.P. Trooper/Caprican Legion Trooper 03 (Rifle Lowered) £3.25 Each
or £9.00 for all Three

NXAC01 - A.S.P. Trooper/Caprican Legion Weapon Sprue (Pistol & Rifle) 99p Each
NX29 - Brotherhood Morlock 01 (Unarmed) £3.00 Each
NX30 - Brotherhood Morlock 02 (Unarmed or Throwing Big Rock) £3.00 Each
NX31 - Brotherhood Morlock 03 (Road Sign or Concrete Stump) £3.00 Each
or £8.50 for all Three

Resin Models

All Nexus Miniatures Resin Models are Expert Level Kits. They may require sanding and filing, and need to be assembled with Super Glue. Please Take Care when working with Resin - if you are unsure and need help, please feel free to contact me. Due to the nature of the Resin Models - because of the production material, required sanding/filing/and assembly with Super-Glue - we do not recommend them for Hobbyists under the age of 16.

NXS01 - Mark I Blackwood Industries Sentry Unit £14.99 each
NXS02 - Apocalypse Security Personell 'M.A.T.A.T.' (Mobile All Terrain Automated Trooper) £12.99 Each

DEALS!

Our Deals are there for one reason, to offer great value for money (not that Nexus Miniatures aren't already good value - they are). Always check out our Deals to see what you can save!

NXDS01 - 'Doom Squad' Deal £32.00 (NXS01 x 1 + NX01 x 2 + NX02 x 2 + NX03 x 2 + NXH01 x 1 + NXH03 x 1)
NXDS02 - 'Robot Rumble' Deal £25.00 (Both a NXS01 - Mark I Blackwood Industries Sentry Unit and a NXS02 - Apocalypse Security Personell M.A.T.A.T.)
NXDS03 - 'Sentry Sentinels' Deal £27.00 (2 x NXS01 - Mark I Blackwood Industries Sentry Unit)
NXDS04 - 'M.A.T.A.T. Mob' Deal £23.00 (2 x NXS02 - Apocalypse Security Personell M.A.T.A.T.)
NXDS05 - 'Uni-Tech Patrol' Deal £20.00 (NX08 x 1 + NX09a x 2 + NX09b x 2 + NX09c x 2)
NXDS06 - 'By Your Command' Deal £16.00 (NX23 x 2 plus 1 Weapon Sprue + NX24 x 2 + NX25 x 2)
NXDS07 - 'Morlock Madness' Deal £15.00 (NX29 x 2 + NX30 x 2 + NX31 x 2)

UK - £1.80
E.U. - £3.80

http://www.nexus-miniatures.co.uk/home