Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:35:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Post WWII & Modern Imagi-Nations  (Read 112792 times)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
Post WWII & Modern Imagi-Nations
« on: July 24, 2014, 01:45:35 PM »
As requested I have opened up a 'Modern Imagi-Nations' thread. I intend to list and link them on this post as they are added to the thread, along with a short description (a single sentence description is fine, but no more than a small paragraph).

It does not matter whether your creation is for wargaming or adventure gaming, what scale figures you use, or anything like that

If you do not have a blog, web site or other 'web presence' for yours, do not worry, I will simply link to the post in this thread where you will have hopefully provided a long description of your creation (i.e. a few paragraphs, not a dissertation).

Discussion of imagi-nations, how to go about them and ideas for them is of course welcome, but I will only be linking to those which actually exist in some form, rather than produce a massive list of ideas and thoughts. In short, 'ideas' go in the posts and 'functioning ones' will be added here. If you want to engage in lots of 'in character banter' with others and stuff of that ilk though, I suggest you start a separate thread for that preferably on TMP ... this is meant to be helpful, informative and all that kinda thing and those posts get lost in the make believe bedlam.
;)

Offline gimzod

• Scientist
Re: Post WWII & Modern Imagi-Nations
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 06:23:01 PM »
Well as i started this let me be the first to post.

This is  Ukuechanathe setting of my modern warfare gaming. Currently involved in a civil war with an international task force aiding the government from the rebel soldiers and the forces of the Ukuechana people libration army with various other factions fighting over what left.

( Will post a more detailed history when it finished.)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:15:26 PM by gimzod »

Offline cardophillipo

• Librarian
    • Renegade of the Atomic Age
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 01:52:41 PM »
I will try and post more as soon as possible, but for starters here is the link to some info and history from Andreivia.

http://andreivian-tales.blogspot.co.uk/

More soon

Cheers

Richard
I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilise, street level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammie Dodgers and a Fez!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 06:27:49 PM »
Thanks for sharing guys
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 04:41:06 PM »
The setting for my African games is Morvalonga.  A newly independent British Colony Morvalonga is beset by hostile nations on its borders and terrorist factions within its boundaries.  Its leader President for Life Bishop Moses Besquit Saviour of the Nation and Father of the People (God Bless Him), is a tower of strength and honesty. 

Read more here:  http://www.morvalearth.co.uk/Morvalonga/Morvalonga_Intro.htm

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 01:08:19 PM »
This is based on the Points of Divergence principle; what if certain events had happened differently in Vietnam / French Indochina from WWII onwards.

My imagi-nation is Bac Ky, a small country occupying what was eastern Tonkin. It's capital is the port of Haiphong and it was slowly exiting a period of modernisation following its crippling economic situation after the collapse of the Soviet Union (where it was effectively a client state), aided by new western partners. Unrest on the Chinese border, Russian and US commercial interests colliding, and the growth of religious groups are significantly destabilising attempts to improve security.

I've been planning this for ages but it's worrying how events in Ukraine are so similar.

The pdf link below has the map and I've finally added a map image.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:38:05 PM by Elk101 »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 07:20:09 PM »
What's the best format or program to look at the map with?

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 08:27:38 PM »
What's the best format or program to look at the map with?

It should just open with Adobe Reader, it's just a PDF. I didn't get a chance to convert it to a jpeg.

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 11:04:43 PM »
My blog, Hotel Zugando, details the goings on in a West African imagi-nation called the Democratic Republic of Zugando.

It's basically a failed African state spiralling out of control as a coalition of UK, USA and African Union troops try to maintain some stability.

The Blog details the background, and forces involved, and gives me chance to show off my growing collection. Unfortunately I don't get as many games in as I would like, but I think there is something of interest. Currently in the pipe line are some more rebels, and some tanks for them, some more USMC, and some PMC/CIA agents from the Spectre Miniatures KS.

Here is a link

http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline mendoza

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 10:32:54 PM »
Hi, we have just created a new country for our skirmish sagin games.

It is Socotra...

<iframe src="https://mapsengine.google.com/map/embed?mid=z1T69y8nVB0Y.k6psIDR6RKys" width="640" height="480"></iframe>
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:00:44 PM by mendoza »

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 12:11:18 AM »
The map is nice. Any details yet?

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 01:02:06 AM »
Hi, we have just created a new country for our skirmish sagin games.

It is Socotra...

<iframe src="https://mapsengine.google.com/map/embed?mid=z1T69y8nVB0Y.k6psIDR6RKys" width="640" height="480"></iframe>

Looking pretty cool so far.

Offline mendoza

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 09:28:15 AM »
You can find some details when you touch the markers. They are some links to aar, information about troops, etc..

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 05:01:31 PM »
You can find some details when you touch the markers. They are some links to aar, information about troops, etc..

Oh that is very cleaver! I like it!

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 05:15:53 PM »
Hopefully there will be no nasty stereotypes
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.