Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:13:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Infamy: Welcome to The Big Smoke  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Finality

• Schoolboy
[KICKSTARTER] Infamy: Welcome to The Big Smoke
« on: July 27, 2014, 02:37:40 PM »
Good people of the fair city of London; your country needs you!

The streets of our great city are beset by all manner of beasts and fiends! From the bestial horrors that skulk in the old London Zoological Gardens; to cutpurses, brigands and n’er do wells in the rookeries; to villainous pirates from the sky – the common citizen must ever be vigilant.

Should you observe untoward activity within your district, or be concerned that you have suffered monstrous visions without the intervention of rum, report immediately to your local constabulary house so that a Suppressor unit may be dispatched to your locale.

God bless her Britannic Majesty Victoria, and God bless her fair city of London.

Infamy is a 32mm Victorian Science Fiction skirmish game and range of resin miniatures currently on Kickstarter; steaming through stretch goals and with 2 weeks left on the clock.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/infamyminis/infamy-welcome-to-the-big-smoke

The project has a number of figures that would suit many of the games under discussion here - as well as being a game in its own right.

Please note that I'm not running the campaign, just interested, and the creator responds quickly to comments and questions through the Kickstarter.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 03:47:52 PM by Finality »

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Infamy: Welcome to The Big Smoke
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 08:21:14 PM »
Honestly, some great stuff, much good but no appeal stuff, some "Uh, no..." stuff.

Really think the steam punk aspect (which I find less attractive than VSF) is what turns me off.  Therefore the KS should succeed with much fanfare...   lol 

Like the 40K world, there is too much darkness in despair and gothic angst for my tastes.  I don't think they will need my well wishes but I wish them well in their efforts. 

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Finality

• Schoolboy
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 02:43:32 AM »
Just a quick update, the campaign now has a painters pledge focussed around a couple of the display models and a series of painting tutorial DVDs by Painting Buddha/masterminis/Ben Komets:

Offline RAD

• Librarian
  • "If it doesn't hurt, it doesn't count"The Redeemer
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 09:37:27 AM »
I joined. I think the sculpts are amazing for most, and I like the dark side of steampunk it's got. I'll be choosing the "not too over the top" figures. The thing that made me jump the step is that i've always been fond of SMOG and Sebastian Archer 's steampunk sculpts but couldn't decide to either go for 32mm or 40mm. Why can't they just all stick to 28mm?

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 04:11:38 AM »
Love the Captain Brindle, but it's too rich for my blood