Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:37:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My Perry War of the Roses collection. Small update: The commander and his buddy  (Read 15790 times)

Offline tanktastic43

• Scientist
Re: Some pics of my Perry War of the Roses collection.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 06:19:11 AM »
Great paint!

Well done.

tt43.

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 05:44:36 AM »
Impressive stuff  :)

Offline 15thpanzer

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 06:00:34 AM »
Great stuff. I never tire of ogling this range of figures. Look forward to seeing more.

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 06:08:47 AM »
Top painting - faces are especially good, lots of character.
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline Paleskin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 06:44:02 AM »
Great looking force building up there,shots of them in nice terrain settings really adds flavour!

Bravo! 8)

Offline Percal

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 01:22:59 AM »
Thanks everyone! Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I decided to stay computer free this week so I could make some progress, but I didn't get that much done. I finished the genoese crossbowmen, as well as the venetian condottiero and standard bearer, and some of the Duke of York's retinue. The actual Duke is still to arrive in the mail, but I hope it gets here soon. Regretfully, I couldn't get more than the scurrer out of the mounted men at arms box due to a glaring lack of 40mmm round bases. Those are due to arrive soon, too.
Anyway, less blabbering, more picture-showing! XD
Here are the genoese

Back shot of the pavises (at least the ones that actually have them on their backs)

Scurrer from the Duke of York's retinue

The duke's standard bearer (with the livery standard from the paper banners on the box. I'm thinking of giving a man at arms the Duke's actual standard, depending of whether I use more than one in my skirmishes or not). Also, I think I got the colors mixed up with this one. Blue should be the right arm, and white the left, isn't it?

The venetian standard bearer (again, the paper banner from the mercenaries box) and condottiero. Blurry pics, sorry. My phone was more interested in the background trees.

A closer look

And the last one, a yorkist man at arms. He will probably be one of my captains in future games.

This week, I plan on getting my hands on the venetian swordsmen/sailors (The Perry's italian light infantrymen), and maybe some of the bowmen from the Duke's men. I also have a second rider from the men at arms box that I built today, thanks to the generous donation of a base by some old GW model. I hope to get some pictures of a game soon, too!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:27:26 AM by Percal »

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2014, 01:15:21 AM »
Highly effective retinue.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2014, 01:41:57 AM »
wow. Wow! WOW!! :o
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Happy Wanderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2014, 08:12:13 PM »
...lovely stuff.

What technique do you use? Washes, layer paint, etc, etc.

Excellent work.

Cheers

Happy Wanderer

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2014, 08:59:15 PM »
Really nice work and a great collection. One of my main problems is I finish a few figures then my minds drifts and I move on to something else...very little available to skirmish etc even after nigh on 40 years in the hobby!

Offline Percal

• Bookworm
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2014, 12:15:13 AM »
I'm thrilled you like them so much :D @Happy Wanderer I mix and match a lot of things while painting. Chaotic, really, but fun XD. The metals are the most consistent thing. I use a base of boltgun metal, let it dry really well, and apply a wash of GW black ink. Nuln oil, I believe. The thing about letting the metal dry well is that I don't know why, the ink tends to... move the paint. Only happened to me with the boltgun color, though. Anyway, once the ink is dry, I outline some of the plates to give the armor more definition, and highlight with boltgun again, and then a mix of boltgun and mithril silver.
The flesh and the clothes are usually more chaotic, as I glaze here and there depending on how I see the face is turning out, or if I see the cloth is not the right color. If you want to know something particular, just let me know, I'll be glad to share what I can :)
Now that I remember, I've got some pictures of the venetian infantry and a couple of extras. I'll post them tomorrow night, along with some pics of what I paint tomorrow.

Offline Percal

• Bookworm
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 11:22:12 PM »
Hey everybody! Sorry for the long absence and lack of pics. I forgot to take pictures to my most recent additions to my collection, so I'm a little behind schedule here XD.
I finished the venetian mercenaries, and also the full retinue, at least for now, of the Duke of York. Next on my bench are the superb mounted men at arms and some mercenary handgunners. I also plan to get the foot knights. They're just too good to resist!
Anyway, here are the venetians and the first heavy knight (the second one in the box, really, as I painted the first as a scurrer)

Paper banner again, from the mercenaries box.

All my italians right now

And a quite germanic looking knight. I only have this pic of this one, but he's holding a hammer in a ready to strike pose. I really like how this one looks, even if it's quite dark. I think he looks more menacing like this.

Hopefully, I'll get some more pictures this weekend. I hope you like them! Cheers and happy painting everyone ;)

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Very fine new additions  :-*

Great to know that there's still plenty more for us to see :)

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
Great stuff, nice work on the shields.

Offline Engel

• Mastermind
Excellent collection.