Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:07:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: AntiMatter Games Kickstarter - Rise of the Draconids [Kickstarter] *** last Day  (Read 5203 times)

Offline antimatter

• Scientist
** update - we are in the last 24 hours of the Kickstarter, so now is the time to pledge and help unlock some stretch goals.

We have been running a Kickstarter to fund new Draconid miniatures, lizardmen and dragon-men for the Draconid Legion of ShadowSea. It's been going well so far and three miniatures are unlocked. The next stretch goal will fund the full starter set, the Draconid Cannon Master left, along with his assistant sidekick. This is essentially three miniatures on separate bases, with the draconid a pretty large model and the cannon larger. The cannon will likely be cast in resin due to its size while the two minis in metal.

The main goals, including the printed painting guide, have already been funded.

To check out the full project and all of the available rewards, follow the link below

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/524168246/rise-of-the-draconids

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 02:18:31 PM by antimatter »
antimatter-games.com

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Re: AntiMatter Games Kickstarter - Rise of the Draconids [Kickstarter]
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 05:45:28 PM »
That is a lot of money to get three miniatures sculpted and produced. Just saying...

Offline antimatter

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 05:55:16 PM »
That is a lot of money to get three miniatures sculpted and produced. Just saying...

I should have put up the full stretch list to make it clearer. Just edited the picture.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 09:01:16 PM »
Hey, I was going to post this up but was pretty busy the past few days, glad its now up. 

The draconids have some really nice concepts, here's hoping that cannon gets funded soon.  I am glad we have made so much progress so far though, already 7.6k so far.
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 07:53:15 AM »
Any chance we'll see the return of the bow-wielding draconid?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 08:10:14 AM »
Just a question, why is it more expensive to get the starter set than but them individually? $50 vs $48
Really like these. The lizard men are some of the best around I think.

Offline antimatter

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 01:48:16 AM »
Just a question, why is it more expensive to get the starter set than but them individually? $50 vs $48
Really like these. The lizard men are some of the best around I think.

The Deluxe Starter sets include a bunch of extras that don't come with the individual figures. There are the quickstart rules, the PDF download of the full rulebook, the printed movement sticks and the printed game counters.

thanks,

Eric

Offline antimatter

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 01:49:19 AM »
Any chance we'll see the return of the bow-wielding draconid?

Possibly as one of the next stretch goals.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
An update - Antimatter has added some more classic figures from the cavalcade range to the available rewards:

I really like the templars, and could see them being used effectively in Game of Thrones projects as well.  Indeed, pretty much all of these figures could find a wide range of use in RPG settings.  I think they are nice additions to the range.

Offline abdul666lw

• Scientist
    • Lacepulp & High Adventure (board)
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 01:28:39 PM »
The girls of the Axibalan Empire with their quasi-Mesoamerican look have a lot of potential. Looking 'Ancient' but not blatant copycats of historical models they can make great Amazons for Mayapan by the time of Conan or for a 'Lost World' (possibly 'at the Earth's core')- Atlantis?- / Mysterious Island in any period from Antiquity to the early Pulp era - including in Pirates games, obviously.
They are also reminiscent of Tékumel, and indeed with an orange or blue skin could make some kind of Martians or Venusians.

The Freebooter Miniatures Amazons are visually compatible:

Are the two ranges compatible size-wise?

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 01:58:28 PM »
Hi, they match very nicely I think.
I am usually a bit nit-picking when it comes to size and styles of my miniatures, but have both ranges and will mix then eventually (after finishing my Wargods project). The Freebooter minis have a bit better casting quality I think, but that's complaining on an already high level ;)

cheers Thomas
These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 03:14:29 AM »
Those look like they will mix well indeed.  I will have to paint up my antimatter ones first before I get any more though  o_o

Antimatter have put up some stretch goals for bonus items.  Would be nice to break a few of those goals!

Over 9k now, so we are well on our way!

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 02:08:10 PM »
We are fast closing in on the 10k goal of the draconid cannon and helper, and antimatter has unveiled new stretch goals - some fungal forest terrain at 13k, and the massive Kalath riding on a dinosaur at 14k!

Really looking forward to that Kalath model, as well as the fungi!

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 05:56:54 PM »
An update for the sculpting of the Draconid Royal Guard:

Here is another shot of the Draconid Royal Guard. It is coming along well now, and getting armor plating here and there. It will be a fairly large figure, larger than most other draconids and closer to the size of the Ridgeback Lizardmen. In general, draconids are about 33-34 mm tall while the Lizardmen are 36-38 mm tall.

So far the entire draconid starter set has been unlocked, so the next target is Lithiana, which should be a stellar figure.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 04:11:01 PM »
With only 4 days to go, Antimatter has upped the ante and squeezed in a few more stretch goals.  They have decreased the amount needed for Lithiana and the fungal patch, and have added in some treasure markers and a crystal outcropping terrain feature.  I am quite stoked about that, as I love the terrain!

Eric has also made some great progress on the draconid royal guard sculpt:

I think its going to look great when finished. 

Keep in mind that you can pledge for existing product as well as the stuff to be produced, and that exisiting product can be shipped out immediately.  The project has been a bit slow over the past week which is unfortunate for such a nice product.  This will be the third funded project I will have backed with antimatter, and the  other two were excellent - no significant delays, the product was high-quality and as promised, and Eric was always very professional.  I have had a couple times where a figure was missing from my large order, but it was replaced quickly without question.

Let's hope the new stretch goals will help to draw in a big push for the last few days!