Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:41:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Cimmerian's "Not another aSoIaF Thread!" Thread (Updated 9/14: Euron; Bravo)  (Read 11417 times)

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
Now that's an Aegon! He looks really cool! I'm very much looking forward to the painted version.
Btw, very nice work on Blackfyre, personally I'd give my Targaryans more scimitar like swords, but this blade is very Dragon-ish of it's own! Fantastic work!
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline TheCimmerian

• Assistant
Here is the painted version of the figure I posted in the last post. I am not sure the photo is good enough; it was taken quickly and in not so good lighting. I will get a better one soon if I get the chance, but I wanted to share.

Thanks for looking! Enjoy!

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
very nice indeed
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Excellent  :)

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind

Offline TheCimmerian

• Assistant
I have completed another command style stand for my A Song of Ice and Fire gaming experiences. Here we have the crafty and conninving Lord Edmynd of House Crownbeck. Their words (not featured on their banner) are "A Trickle Becomes a Torrent."

The figures are all Perry plastic WotR figures, with a few modifications. The head of Lord Edmynd is from a Warlord Games ECW plastic figure of which I had a sample sprue. The horse is a Perry metal. The missive and seal the herald is handing him is scratchbuilt from paper and greenstuff.

Also, here are a couple better shots of my Aegon the Conqueror figure that I was able to snap today.

I hope you enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:15:21 AM by TheCimmerian »

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Very nice indeed! Well done. Love that command stand  :)

Offline TheCimmerian

• Assistant
Here is a glimpse of some stuff for my aSoIaF project that is currently on my painting table. I didn't want to let the thread idle too long, so I thought I would give you guys a WIP post.

First, we have another command stand for one of my fictional houses, whom I will fully introduce once the figure is based and the banner complete.

Obviously it still has a little work to be done on it, and I am hoping I will have the time to do so by the end of the week. School started up last week so my time has had more demands placed on it now than in summer.

Details on figure compositions will be given once it is finished as well.

Here, too, are a couple assembled and primed figures:

This one I intend to paint as Ser Barristan the Bold

And this is a Braavosi bravo, looking for a street brawl.

Painting will come soon enough!
Thanks for looking!

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
Looking very well!! Where are those Miniatures from?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Great creations  :)

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
I like them

Offline TheCimmerian

• Assistant

Just a quick post to drop pictures of a couple figures I have semi-finished (i.e. basing time has not come around yet: I usually wait until I have a significant number of figures needing bases done before pulling out all the gear). These two both need varnishing as well, but in order to keep the posts rocking, I thought I would throw them up here.

Here is a figure I have converted to be Euron 'Crow's Eye' Grejoy. I know, I know, the patch is over the wrong eye, but we make due with what we have.

The body and upper legs are from the Perry WotRs figures, as well as the arms. The boots are from a Perry plastic dismounted Napoleonic dragoon. The cloak is from the Fireforge Teutonic infantry set, and, lastly, the head is from a Warlord plastic Imperial Roman sprue. I though he turned out with quite a nice swashbuckling look. I might sculpt a base for him that looks like wooden planks of a ship's deck.

The figure below is meant to be a swaggering Braavosi bravo, a brash young swordsman who prowls the canals searching for a fight.

The main body is Perry WotR. The slashed sleeves are from a Warlord Pike and Shotte command sprue I had lying around. The head is from a Foundry dark age warrior of some sort. The frilly collar is sculpted by me.

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Very nice work on these  :)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Excellent kitbashing! Great creations. No plastic part is out of bounds! Really nicely painted too  :)

Offline Devoted of Slaanesh

• Scientist
Great models.  ;)