Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:46:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley in a Victorian Gothic Horror setting AAR - part 3  (Read 18759 times)

Offline MikeH

• Bookworm
Pulp Alley in a Victorian Gothic Horror setting AAR - part 3
« on: August 20, 2014, 10:50:31 PM »
hi all

I recently tried out Pulp Alley and thought it would be fun to see if it could be played RPG style with myself being a dungeon master and 1 player running a League who were investigating some strange lights and eerie sounds, oh yeah we also went for a Victorian Gothic Horror background.

and guess what it worked a treat so I wrote up an AAR and asked my good mate Neil Shuck to post it on his blog

the results are here http://meeples.wordpress.com/2014/08/20/pulp-alley-aar-mike-hobbs/

also we are reviewing the rules in a future edition of the podcast with long time fan of the rules Mr Rich Jones, so look out for that pretty soon

hope you like the report

Mike
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:42:57 PM by MikeH »

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
Re: Pulp Alley in a Victorian Gothic Horror setting AAR
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 05:41:07 AM »
Great looking AAR thanks did you need to make any modifications to the rules for this setting?

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 05:55:36 PM »
Awesome report, Mike! I'm looking forward to the podcast with Rich.  :D

Great looking AAR thanks did you need to make any modifications to the rules for this setting?

Pulp Alley easily fits various settings without any modifications. But I wrote the rules, so maybe I'm expected to say that.  ;)

You can download a free version of Pulp Alley from Wargame Vault and check it out -- http://www.wargamevault.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=5628

It's not the full version, but it certainly covers all the basics.

HAVE FUN

Offline MikeH

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 10:14:10 PM »

not really, I did play around with the activation sequence a tiny bit but that was all (as explained in the AAR)

Offline MikeH

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 08:29:56 AM »
hi all

part 2 of the AAR has now been posted on the Meeples and Miniatures site http://meeples.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/pulp-alley-aar-mike-hobbs-the-castle-of-cliches-part-ii/

this time I concentrate on how the campaign system works with reward cards driving the use of Resources and experience, plus the usual recap of the game

hope you all enjoy it

Mike
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:31:27 AM by MikeH »

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
Re: Pulp Alley in a Victorian Gothic Horror setting AAR - part 2
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 05:21:02 AM »
Now THAT was an adventure!  :-*

Thanks for sharing the fun.

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 06:52:37 AM »
I heartily recomend Pulp Alley. We (our little group of gamers) downloaded the free test version, played one game. Right away several of the group sent for the full set of rule books, cards & some of the excellent figures. Between the six of us we now have ten 'leagues' (teams) with more on the work bench. Not difficult as you can field a league with 4 to 12 figures, and there are some gorgeous 28mm figures out there. We also have plans to take it out of the origional setting, I want to do a 1950s lonesome dinner (USA out ion a desert highway) You know the type of 'B' Movie adventure, They've been testing them 'A' bombs out in the desert & now the ants are 12 foot long, or someone has been messing about in the old abandoned mine & .......

Much fun, do try it.

Offline MikeH

• Bookworm
Re: Pulp Alley in a Victorian Gothic Horror setting AAR - part 3
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 12:42:34 PM »
hi all

I've just published and AAR part 3 of the mini Campaign

http://meeples.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/pulp-alley-aar-mike-hobbs-the-castle-of-cliches-part-iii/

I've covered scenarios in this one

all the best

Mike

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 03:38:38 AM »
Fantastic report! THANKS for sharing.  ;)

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 04:51:38 PM »
That was great. I really liked how you described the scenario and the action.

I think that's one of the more challenging and fun scenarios.  :D

Offline Alcide Nikopol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 09:04:36 PM »
I heartily recomend Pulp Alley. We (our little group of gamers) downloaded the free test version, played one game. Right away several of the group sent for the full set of rule books, cards & some of the excellent figures. Between the six of us we now have ten 'leagues' (teams) with more on the work bench. Not difficult as you can field a league with 4 to 12 figures, and there are some gorgeous 28mm figures out there. We also have plans to take it out of the origional setting, I want to do a 1950s lonesome dinner (USA out ion a desert highway) You know the type of 'B' Movie adventure, They've been testing them 'A' bombs out in the desert & now the ants are 12 foot long, or someone has been messing about in the old abandoned mine & .......

Much fun, do try it.

+1
A.Nik-