Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:58:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Get Leon! AAR  (Read 1794 times)

Offline coggon

• Scientist
Get Leon! AAR
« on: August 13, 2008, 02:02:53 PM »
Inspired by this line from Wikipedia, I ran the following scenario at our local quarterly con this past Saturday

"On May 24, 1940, Trotsky survived a raid on his home by Stalinist assassins led by GPU agent Iosif Grigulevich, Mexican painter and Stalinist David Alfaro Siqueiros, and Vittorio Vidale.[citation needed]" lol

Sorry for lack of pictures, but maybe I can convince my 10 year daughter to show me how to download them from the new camera.  Rules were Savage Worlds-Showdown

The Soviets (1 leader with a pistol, four grunts with rifles), The Italian communists (one leader with a pistol, three with SMG's and one with a rifle) and the Mexican Communist painters (1 leader with pistol, two grunts with pistols, and one with a rifle) all decided Leon Trotsky must die.  As I had more players than anticipated, I added a United States Marine Corps group and German Zeppelin Troopers too.  USMC and Germans to enter on turn 2.

The three Communists factions started working their way through the town looking for "events"-some good, some bad.  They were all hoping to find a truck, or more importantly, Leon's jilted girlfriend, who, rumor had it, would disclose the entrance to the secret tunnel to Leons compound.  (There were only three ways in 1) over the wall, 2) destroying the gate by ramming or explosion 3) secret tunnel

On the first turn the Soviets hit an "event", and found a Mexican policeman.  They promptly gunned him down on turn two.  The Italians blundered about in the forest, and the Mexicans (they started close to the compound) took some sniper fire, but survived. 

On turn two the USMC arrived, as did the Zeppelin troopers.  The Zeppelin troopers (played by my 13 year old son) promptly took up residence in the old church near the compound and waited (my son was reading the rules and looking for things he could use to his advantage :D)

From here my recollection gets a bit muddled.  The USMC hit an event-it was a Mexican policeman that they could not convince to let them pass, so they bludgeoned him with rifle butts and moved on.  The Italians continued to muddle in the forest, the Mexicans turned up an event that was the third and final Mexican policeman, but he turned out to be a cousin of one of the Mexicans, so he happily joined the group, only to die by sniper fire in about two turns.  Meanwhile, the Russians found the truck and were motoring towards the Mexicans, who had discovered a case of tequila on top of a roof and were moving it downstairs to be picked up by the truck (International Communist realtions were still good at this time and they were conspiring to crash the gate AND blow it open at the same time)  As the truck full of Soviets was speeding away, the USMC managed to put some bullet holes in it, but no Soviets were injured.  At that point, the Italian player loosed a herd of cattle and stampeded them towards the Marines. 

The Soviet truck then sped towards the last event (it was the last marker, and the girlfriend character had not turned up yet)  The girlfriend then appeared, and was promptly gunned down by Leon's rooftop sniper.  But not before she revealed that the secret entrance was in the church.  At that point I informed the Germans that they had found a tunnel entrance in the church.

The Soviets then changed plan and ran for the church, abandoning the Mexicans and their case of tequila.  The Germans went into the tunnel, the Marines dodged cattle, and the Italians, still far away, made for the gate.

Under what was now suddenly ineffective sniper fire, the Mexicans succeeded in getting the case of tequila to the gate, and blowing it open, killing one of Leon's guards in the process, and wounding another.  The Germans, already in the compound, raced up the stairs towards Leon's penthouse, with the Soviets not far behind.  As that point Leon's butler, Wang Chung, did a back flip out of a window, onto the stairs and beheaded a Zeppelin Trooper.  Mexicans then began pouring in through the gate.

On the next turn all of the Mexicans except two (the leader and one flunkie) were gunned down.  The flunkie promptly fled.  (He was later gunned down by the leader of the Marines.)  The German leader then made a called shot to hit Wang Chung in the head (my son needed to roll a 6 on a D6, then a 4 or better, which he promptly did)

At the end, the USMC was again plying their rifles butts, beating the 5 Italians into submission, and the parade up the steps to the third level penthouse was as follows:  Two Zeppelin troopers, then the Mexican leader, then 5 Soviets.  The Germans had several shots at Leon, but missed them, and Leon took one out by rolling a 4 on a D4.  Then the Mexican painter came up to the penthouse-he had saved one bottle of tequila, which he used as a Molotov cocktail-he succeeded in his throwing roll, taking out Leon, the sniper and Leon's blonde American girlfriend. 

"MY enthusiasm greatly exceeds my talent"-Me

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Re: Get Leon! AAR
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 02:08:17 PM »
Must have been a fun game to play!

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Get Leon! AAR
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 03:49:23 PM »
No pickaxe murder? Well, a molotov coctail is very appropriate, I assume...  lol
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!