Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:32:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686490
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Chaos in Cochise County: A Weird Western  (Read 8865 times)

Offline BunkerMonkey

• Librarian
  • Professional Slacker
[Kickstarter] Chaos in Cochise County: A Weird Western
« on: August 26, 2014, 03:53:05 PM »
Hi, all,

Just wanted to take a moment to announce the launch of my Kickstarter for Chaos in Cochise County. Chaos in Cochise County is a skirmish level miniatures game  pitting men against monsters in the Old West.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1003935391/chaos-in-cochise-county

I won't include a lot of detail here (all the information re: rules, miniatures, etc) can be found at the Kickstarter page but I'll include a few photos here of the minis. Also, I'll happily answer questions here, E-Mail at the address below or you can PM me here and at the Kickstarter page.

Thanks for taking a look,
J. Lee Howard
CIA Games
chaosinactiongames@yahoo.com
"Fasten your seat belt. I wanna try something..."

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
Re: [Kickstarter] Chaos in Cochise County: A Weird Western
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 12:45:56 PM »
Backed it!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 02:35:47 PM »
I backed it based on Bob's brilliant sculpting. I would like to see a preview of the rules. I also wish there was a way to buy a softcover version of the rules without having to buy all of the figures. Good luck!

Offline BunkerMonkey

• Librarian
  • Professional Slacker
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 02:57:46 PM »
axabrax- it was difficult figuring out a combination of rules and minis that would work for everyone. I must admit to having being rather clumsy at it! This is my first KS and it was quite a learning curve! The rule books and minis will, of course,  be available for sale after the KS ends so you have several options in that direction. You could back one or the other levels and pick up what you need after the KS ends. Let me know and I'm sure we can work something out.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 11:21:42 PM »
Backed it because I love the Goalsystem rules and this saves me the trouble of coming up with my own Weird West stuff.

I'm no fan of your sculptor, but what he gave you looks very decent. You seem to have some painted shots, but only in a very small size. You might want to put up larger versions of those (if you haven't already; it's entirely possible I missed them).

I don't want any miniatures and $30 is a bit high for a 100 page softcover. Does that pledge level include the PDF files as well? If so it would make the price a bit more palatable.

Lastly, the audio on the video clip is completely garbled for me. Just white noise. Is it working for other folks? I have only viewed the page on my mobile devices, so that might be my issue.

Hope the campaign takes off for you.

~Eric

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 01:35:50 AM »
I'm thinking about backing but I'd like to see some comparison shots with other company's minis.
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline BunkerMonkey

• Librarian
  • Professional Slacker
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 04:10:37 AM »
eMills- First, thanks for checking out the project and thank you for the critique!

The print run will be small, probably no more than a few hundred tops so the price ($25) unfortunately is as low as it can get. However, the KS price includes the shipping as well.

The audio, for whatever reason, is garbled on phones and tablets but is fine on laptops and desk computers. I have no idea why this is and someone is looking into it for me but IT is not my field so I have no answers for you yet in that regard!

I will post some larger photos below! Enjoy!

J. Lee Howard
CIA Games
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 04:43:12 AM by BunkerMonkey »

Offline BunkerMonkey

• Librarian
  • Professional Slacker
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 04:14:43 AM »
Chaos In Cochise County painted minis
Skinwalker

US Marshal 1

US Marshal 2

Female Vampires

Vampire Gambler

Blood Kin gunfighters

Apache monster hunters

Offline BunkerMonkey

• Librarian
  • Professional Slacker
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 04:42:27 AM »
re: CiCC miniature comparison photos.
CiCC miniatures are the same size as the minis Bob sculpted for Deadlands Great Rail Wars. Here is a better article comparing scales:
http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33873&sid=01332c7682c39b0268892dde0163599c

This topic has also been added to the Kickstarter's FAQ.

J, Lee Howard
CIA Games

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 09:57:16 AM »
Ooh they re nice and you re. Swine s sold all my weird wet stuff off. While ago. Love the vampires 8)

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 12:24:59 PM »
Didn't see a post on the Dakka forum, so I started a thread for your project there: Dakka thread

You may want to create an account there if you don't already have one.

I understand about the print run costs, truly.  Thanks for addressing my questions/concerns.  You never said whether the print book cost included the PDF file though.  Some vendors do, some don't.  Don't feel like you have to if your costs don't support it.

If the Kickstarter doesn't pan out, are you intending to go ahead with release anyway?

~Eric

Offline BunkerMonkey

• Librarian
  • Professional Slacker
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »
Eric: Thanks both for the extra boost and the comments.

My only defense re: book and PDF combo is I just did not even think to include a reward with both. PDFs will be available after the KS ends and I assume that I could make a note on the surveys that anyone wanting to add a PDF to their order could do so. I will look into that and get back to you guys.

In any case, PDFs will be available after the KS ends and my plan was to keep them at the KS price discount for some time before reverting to the retail price so that should allow anyone who wants to get one to be able to do so.

If the Kickstarter doesn't pan out, are you intending to go ahead with release anyway?
Absolutely! Success with the Kickstarter will make expanding the company easier but whether or not I reach my goal, all of the miniatures and rule book (maybe not all the Stretch Goals at first, however) will be made available.

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 03:55:06 PM »
I'm definitely still in if the KS doesn't reach the goal. Fingers crossed that the KS will surge and get there. ;)

Offline BunkerMonkey

• Librarian
  • Professional Slacker
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 03:48:46 AM »
I'm definitely still in if the KS doesn't reach the goal. Fingers crossed that the KS will surge and get there.

Thanks! I'm hoping for a last minute miracle but one way or the other, I'll be releasing product. Thank you for the support no matter which way it goes.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 06:26:40 AM »
I was really interested when I saw the Kickstarter, love Chaos in Cairo+Deadlands+Malifaux and this seems to bring it all together well. But honestly, none of the pledge levels do it for me. The book for $50 (due to shipping) is too expensive for me and there is not an option of buying a set with a book. But mainly, the shipping price is very expensive. I'd rather wait and buy it from a European retailer.
Good luck with the game...I really hope it takes off well!!!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”