Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:43:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686502
  • Total Topics: 118105
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Chapter 4, Episode 2 The Air Pirate Wreck  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
Chapter 4, Episode 2 The Air Pirate Wreck
« on: August 26, 2014, 08:08:33 PM »
The team was alerted that the Air Pirates had had an accident while trying out a new improved model of their anti air ship weapon, that it had crashed in the south area of the Black Forest. Moving quickly Robert formed up a full team and they headed to Germany and out into the forest by trucks. Progress stalled when the ground got to soft, deep into the forest, and the trucks had to be abandoned. Having only a rudimentary location to go on the team split into 2 groups of three, though 1 team had Amanda's great dane Fenris along (side kick no less).

Here we see Robert, with Amanda and Lily set upon by a fierce beast. Combat was short and swift though...(the beasts dice were decidedly cold...)

Robert signaled the other group, led by "Sarge",  not to come to their aide, instead continue the search for the wreck site, which they did a short time later.

Evidence pointed to an Air Pirate Recovery team had beat them to the site but had been wiped out by some other unknown force!

While starting to recover items from the wreckage (search D6 required a 6 to "find" a minor plot point, all four had to be found before the Major point could be found.)

Seems the Air Pirates had called for help!

Gun fire erupts from several points, the team hunkers down behind the wreckage and exchange fire!
The Hostiles are being dealt with swiftly when Fenris barks and runs in a circle next to Robert to get his attention! His Nose points up into the air!

Robert notices and looks up to see an Air Ship bearing down on them and Parachutes opening! Air Pirates are being Reinforced! (I had 10 cut out circles of paper that I held over the field and dropped, where they landed I put the newly arrived Air Pirate figures)

Lily pulls out her Katana and whirls into the attack, slaying newly landed Air Pirates left and right!

The gun battle rages till only the Team is left standing, less a few seriously wounded members. They continue to search until all the points / equipment was recovered!
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
Re: Chapter 4, Episode 2 The Air Pirate Wreck
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 10:56:51 PM »
Very cool! It's always fun reading your battle reports.  :D

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 03:21:56 PM »
Cool idea to drop the Air Pirate reinforcements on the table.   ;)

Already looking forward to your next story.

THANKS

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 09:10:18 AM »
Great story, thanks.

(I had 10 cut out circles of paper that I held over the field and dropped, where they landed I put the newly arrived Air Pirate figures)

I love this idea.