Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:17:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Power Legions  (Read 7391 times)

Offline paulus

• Bookworm
Power Legions
« on: August 27, 2014, 03:03:32 PM »
Really looking forward to Power legions from Ganesha games...here's a few Heroclix repaints that should work well:)

http://www.ganeshagames.net/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=12

Paul

Offline supervike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Re: Power Legions
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 06:56:07 PM »
Impressive stuff!!

Offline PF

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 04:32:32 PM »
More Horroclix than Heroclix but good repaints nonetheless.
I too look forward to Power Legions but will it be released soon or even one day? I mena it's been in the works for what...3 years?

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 05:21:30 PM »
More Horroclix than Heroclix but good repaints nonetheless.
I too look forward to Power Legions but will it be released soon or even one day? I mena it's been in the works for what...3 years?

Speaking to Andrea earlier this year (March) he stated he hoped by the end of the year, and suggested that combat will resemble AFoKF. :)
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline PF

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 07:15:54 PM »
Thanks for the news. I thought it would be a bit like that. Not too sure it this will be that good for teams tho.
I hope the new book will focus on new, powerful and exotic abilities because many abilities are already doable if you have several of the other "Songs of" books. I sort of hope for a different system of armor too as it's the only thing I find a bit less good in the whole system.
Well, I'll probably buy the book even if I'm told it's bad.  o_o

Offline paulus

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 05:33:55 PM »
Power Legion has just been released….an excellent product for the price….a must buy for any Super hero fan:)...certainly a very different system than the SOBH line....very indepth as well and covers everything a Superhero needs:)

http://www.ganeshagames.net/product_info.php?cPath=1_15&products_id=24&language=en

paul

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 06:00:42 PM »
i am curious if anyone reviews this how well it is recieved. from the few screenshots looks kinda like they use the dice system from the SW Showdown which is a cool concept.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 07:29:56 PM »
Power Legion has just been released….an excellent product for the price….a must buy for any Super hero fan:)...certainly a very different system than the SOBH line....very indepth as well and covers everything a Superhero needs:)

http://www.ganeshagames.net/product_info.php?cPath=1_15&products_id=24&language=en

paul

As soon as it is in print or PoD form, I will pick this up. :)

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 07:39:42 PM »
As soon as it is in print or PoD form, I will pick this up. :)

Until then, the pdf will have to do....

Offline PF

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 03:00:24 PM »
Thanks for the info. I was prepared to wait 1D4 years more so that came as a good surprise.

I couldn't resist and bought it. I also almost completly read it. o_o I haven't read all the abilities yet tho.

Take it for what it's worth since I'm a big fan of SoBaH but here's my opinion on Power Legion. I already own many versions of the SoBaH system but this one brings things I wanted: a few more mechanisms (oppositions à la Force on Force is sweet), more characteristics, more exotic powers (MDRG and a couple of others had some) and...power. Even for cosmic or god levels. Not sure I will need those levels often but I like the option. They could have gone with the Entity level and D30 while they were at it. ;)
I wrote earlier in this topic I hoped for a change about armors or resistances and it came. Actually the damage system changes too. More like in Fistful of Kung Fu but not the same.
The game is clearly about supers but any kind of profiles may be done since you may make them yourselves. It's not that clear while reading the description of the game (or it's probably me or my english) and that "37 character cards" had me wondering for...10 seconds before I clicked and bought it. Actually, I tend to think it's better for making minions than Fisful of Kung Fu or the other versions tho you may still make your henchmen ridiculously bad if you wish. It's also better for creatng exotic magical weapons or science devices than the other SoBaH systems I read.
The only thing I don't like that much is the change of the activation system. I guess they thought "supers" needed to be more reactive or perhaps too many people complained about it. Well, that should be easy to change if needed. Perhaps with a 3+ or 4+ à la Force on Force and several throws as in the other systemsl.

I'll probably use PL for making games in the spirit of Ninja Scroll and Basilisk (animes with super silly ninjas) or even space/planet opera stuff. Perhaps some "supers" games one of these days too.

If you like SoBaH and not 8 (or 9,76 with VAT) USD short, you shouldn' t be disappointed. If you're into super heroes, I can't say. I have read a few "supers" games that had cool ideas too and perhaps more powers for a couple of them.
edit: If you're into strict balance or min maxing your characters to win at all costs, forget it. But that can be said for all SoBaH systems.
If you only have D6 or only play with them, don't buy this game.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 03:07:21 PM by PF »

Offline Cosmotiger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 03:30:52 PM »
I've never really played a super heroes game, but Ganesha has me tempted now.  I've often thought painting the minis would be fun, but I was never really interested in taking up a new set of rules.  This might be the ticket, though.

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 11:35:34 PM »
For people who owned this game, what about solo playability ? I never played ganesha games.

thanks

Offline PF

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 12:36:16 AM »
I've never played solo but considered it a couple of times for testing some ideas. Looks to me that it should be okay thanks to the random activations. You could play without knowing what happens next (turn, mini, etc) and see surprising events. For the same reason, you could try "asymmetric" or unbalanced scenarios (same for playing with others).